250 two stroke vs 450 four stroke

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
people say now the 4 stroke is more powerful
but the 2 strokes are, you can contral a 4 stroke but on a 2 stroke you can't so you hold on as much as you can or you will die:D

i think we should have a poll on 2 stroke vs 4 stroke:D

no replacement for displacement

4 stroke 450's are spastic fast and if you can get a 2 banger out of a corner as hard as i can a 450 then you have some sort of magic glue on ya tyres that make them stick to the dirt no matter how fast you hit a corner

what are you comparing it to though?
a dr400 suzuki is torquey but is not 'as' fast as say ..a yzf250 2 smoker. two totaly different bikes anyway. Pretty retarded topic unless your actually looking into buying one or the other?

go ride both and see what you like. you will have fun either way. KTM have a 2smoker range in 300cc+ , try them if you are brave.

450 fours are good if your lazy & wana go fast, 250 twos are good if you wana go fast & work for it, in the hands of normal weekend riders these 2 bikes are basicaly in the same class just depends if you wana RIng ding ding or brrraaaaap braap brrrrrap

2 smokes are for Pro`s and thumper are for Goons...hihihi

what are you comparing it to though?
a dr400 suzuki is torquey but is not 'as' fast as say ..a yzf250 2 smoker. two totaly different bikes anyway. Pretty retarded topic unless your actually looking into buying one or the other?

go ride both and see what you like. you will have fun either way. KTM have a 2smoker range in 300cc+ , try them if you are brave.

tell me more about these yzf250 2 strokes?

you may be the retard.. haha, not the topic

All I can say is that if two strokes are for pro's and 4 strokes are for goons ... then why are all the pro Mx'ers riding 4 strokes and winning on them ? ... I'd like to see one of these two stroke devotees get out and win against the 4 strokes on a professional level ...

Where abouts are you going to use it? I would go for a 4 stroke, realiability is one factor. I had a honda 4 stroke on the road 124cc cbr 125r 04 model and i thrashed it everywhere. Got just about 100mph out of it with wind behind me. Hondas 4t are bullet proof, i had no problems with it, didnt even need to change oil as regular as i thought.

But had a kawa kx250 2 stroke and these things really do give you the enjoyment of death, powerband galore, if you want on the edge fun i'd recommend 2t but only if you have nice big place to use all the powerband in all gears, thats when your seat will turn brown and your mummy or misses will not be happy.

If you have 2 bikes in mind, we can do a poll or compare etc. All bikes are different,

Last edited:
All I can say is that if two strokes are for pro's and 4 strokes are for goons ... then why are all the pro Mx'ers riding 4 strokes and winning on them ? ... I'd like to see one of these two stroke devotees get out and win against the 4 strokes on a professional level ...

ooh John...it all the industry, you know that:p...BTW..two smokes are coming back , no doubt...lookey here--> 2 Stroke luv for Crockstar - Page 2 - MX Trax

Exactly right. Only nieve people would believe they are faster now days. And redneck like Hillz. :p;)

on tight single trail id rather a 250 four stroke over both..

Amen to that brother. BEst of both worlds.

Depends on the terrain and place of riding, for speed the two stroke would win, I've seen rm 250 smoke klx450s, four bangers are better for trail but two banger are better for racing.

Depends on the terrain and place of riding, for speed the two stroke would win, I've seen rm 250 smoke klx450s, four bangers are better for trail but two banger are better for racing.

id like to see this rm250...

rm250 has track gears and the klx has wide ratio gears plus its a 450
you show me a 250 2stroke that can do over 160k's

the guy on the rm250 was obviously just better rider then the guy on the 450, when will people understand... the bike doesn't ride itself

2 strokes:

Are lighter.
Reiceive a power stroke 2 times more frequent than a 4 stroke.
Reieive a bigger fuel/air mixture via the expansion chamer pehnomenom.( same principal as a turbo).
Rev alot higher.
More Responsive.

Only downside is shorter engine life and reliability issues.

Its been well known that 4 strokes that are double the capacity sturggle to keep up with a 2 stroke half the size.

With the new high maintance 4 strokes ur better off buying a 2 stroke instead :)

nothing high maintance about a 4 stroke...yeah fair enough there are more components to consider but they last longer..

have a look at a maintenance schedule for a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke then compare when rebuilds are due...

now the biggest problem here is that people are comparing track bikes with enduro bikes..there completely different.
enduro bikes are built to have higher cruise speeds which means they sacrifice low end power but a broader power range...just not so savage..

Ha ha ha ... The old 2 stroke vs 4 stroke story once again ...

The pollution people have backed off a bit since 4 strokes took over ... If the 2 stroke die hards attempt to bring them back in noticeable numbers ... it'll end up back firing on 'em ... They'll simply attract unwanted attention from the greenies and end up getting wiped RIGHT out ... It's best to leave things as they are and race your two strokes on the quiet ...

That reminds me of this old thread ...

http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-chat/11777-2-strokes-being-banned.html

Latest posts

Back