bent valves ? need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPister

Reaction score
ok so the other day i was riding my atomic 160 i was riding along and i herd this clicking sound and as i hit a jump the bike stalled mid air and when i landed it was locked up ! on further inspection i saw that the adjuster nut for the intake on the tappets had become completely undone and the screw backed all the way out ! at this point the bike could easily be kicked over, so i put the nut back on set the clearances and changed the oil but now its kinda plunks when trying to kick start and will not run ! i have no idea whats the go and the local motorbike joint won't even give me time of day to look at it. i should add that the bike had only done 3 hours and it has had an extremely easy life thus far ! tia

when you adjusted the valves was the engine at tdc were the markings on the cam and flywheel lined up in the correct spots ?

Read post #46 page 4 or 5 of loud pop/ crack / bang from lifan 125 in tech talk, then you will kow if you have bent a valve :)

or on page 2 if you have modified your user settings to show 40 posts per page

but i dont think i'll be using that thread as a referance for anything in a hurry

Last edited:
I would start buy taking the sparklug out and get a flash light have a look in the combustion chamber and see if either or any valves are stuck open.. Take off whatever you need to get at the flywheel and give it a few turns over slowly and just make sure they arnt stuck open. :) while you're there test for spark and compression if it's none of those it's more than likely a carbi problem or engine damage like a bent valve...

cheers guys i will have a look tomorrow ! I'm fairly mechanical minded but got frustrated when everything i tried seemed to not work haha

Latest posts

Back