Billyxxx LXR build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyxxx

Reaction score
hey guys i finally got a bike i want, i got myself tyd's old lxr . i've wanted one of these for a awhile finally glad to have one.

now current mods are universal bars, bigger bar clamps and an oko 26 carb

this is how it sits now

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i have ordered

- pro circuit pipe
-v2 head with s35d cam
-60mm tb piston
-tb rear facing intake
-titanium retainer set
-a couple uni filters
-tb gear shifter

next mods to come
-did chain
-gaphics

i have big plans for this bike but we'll see what happens , i would like to get it the engine goin hard , not sure what direction to take there to stay with Chinese or go a klx engine like wogtaz did ?? i would like to upgrade the brakes to yzf master cylinders and kx 60 calipers with color brake lines. but any suggestions will be apprectiated more photos il come with mods :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice start:) Build sounds close, but I'd change that cam selection QUICK. 35 grind is awful and besides bleeding off some squeeze for easier kicking, it also kills the low end and midrange, things the land-yacht LXR needs. Unless you plan a BIG increase in displacement, swap to a "lesser" grind and go faster. I only run the 35 in builds 215cc and up. Even looking at Tak's chart of a 178cc build:
KLXs35-2.jpg

As I've said, PP-AU needs some National Flag decals added to the PP logo to separate themselves from the lot running the show over here;)

Nice Billy, Glad to see you removed all those homo stickers..Now dont get me wrong im a fan of SRH and LKI, but that thing looked stupid!

Maybe a oko28 once you start playing?

Terry: Not 100% on the cam selection, but with 155/160's the preferred choice of cam with a V2 upgrade here in AUS is the S35. Like the OKO's here in Australia it is a tried and proven combo.

Im sure other will be able to go into more detail for ya.

Oh, not to argue at all, and I know the 35 and TB 577 copy sell like mad here, too. I'm sure they feel faster, but unless traction is limited, I don't see where the big'un makes any sense. The dyno charts and stopwatch seem in agreement, on our soil. Also, I prefer to keep the Chinese motors in the midrange so they live a little while. lol
Ti retainers and an extra set of valve shims will help some with valve float and the subsequent intake valve face recession when running up top. Tak alloy rockers and inner valve springs help too, on my little 195 road racer with an S35. Your results may vary. Sunshine and lollipops:)

hey terry what cam do you recommend ? i can still change it as my order has not been sent out ??i am planning on doin 184 bore up pretty soon as well.

thanx wayne in not a fan of stickers on anything i like the clean look was thinking about the oko 28 mm but was gonna see how the 26 mm went

thanx for the replys really appreciate it

If your going to 184 id def use the s35 with a oko28. As i said to FPM, that combo here in Aus is a proven combo...but in yankville it may not be as successful and its def not as popular?

Theres a few other members on here that will be able to elaborate a whole lot more than me.

yep that's what i thought. i'll look into the oko 28 soon.

I'd say FP is spot on ... How many of the guys running S35's in smaller cc dirt engines are winning actual races ? ... What does Boxy run (even though he could use any engine and win) ? ...

Dirtbikes need bottom end and midrange power ... Smaller cams provide far greater on the throttle / off the throttle punch and response ... The S-25 looks to be the go for all 'round use ... unless you've got kick starting problems ...

In a nutshell what FP is trying to tell people is that they'll get far more enjoyment from riding with the right sized cam to suit their application , weight and riding style ... rather than following everyone else and becoming another "Milk Bottle" aka "Sheeple" ...

boxy has a daytona engine that all i no, well so s25 then ?

EDIT: looks like i have to stick with the s35 cam now .

Last edited:
Nice Billy, Glad to see you removed all those homo stickers..Now dont get me wrong im a fan of SRH and LKI, but that thing looked stupid!

I saw pictures of it just before tyd sold it and it didnt have any stickers except a bossen sticker on each side number plate

ok, well im going to mix it up a bit... specially since you have plans of a bbk sooner or later..

ditch the 26 and 28mm oko, grab your self a 30mm oko. it will give you back your low end power you lost from the big cam...plus give you a sht load more top...

the s35 is too big for small block engines but the 30mm carb seems to make the cam breath better..
s35 just has way too much duration for 155's, tho add a bore kit and you start bringing the rev range back down so its usable.

yeah wayne im just waiting for the master cylinder to arrive in the post. yeah im thinking about just saving getting 184 now before i put the v2 on. so get the oko 30mm aswell

just made some big purchases, will update when the stuff arrives.

some parts arrived today pro circuit exhaust, hot damn that thing is a beast sounding now.

tb shifter not sure if im real keen on it so i might upgrade it shortly.

s35d cam thinking about selling this and going s25d cam route but will see what happens.

did gold chain, i won't be putting it on till i get my pmp sprocket.

just a few uni filters , so damn happy with the pro circuit tho :)

so now im waiting on my yzf master cylinders kx65 rear caliper and cr85 front caliper , STR brake braket kit and STR red oil/brake lines . can't wait to get it finished will get picture's soon

Sounds awesome!

i had a thought...

i have heard of people putting yz85 front forks on the lxr's maybe that could be a mod?

yeah maybe TDR in the future i'll see how these forks hold up over some decent jumps first.

Latest posts

Back