Braaap bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, sorry for the bump!

About a month ago i got a Braap MidPro 140 and my GF got a pro 125. The reason we picked Braap is because we are new to dirt bikes and like the way we had seen existing customers get help a a drop of a hat, the load of parts that they stock and the service and the riding days / training. The bikes looked like they could hold their own as well.
We have been riding twice now and so far so good but as Brad said "Only time will tell" lol :p

We have contacted them a few times with questions about the bikes and always got help right away. And i have met Brad a fair few times and he is always going the extra mile to make sure we are happy and well looked after - But i guess thats just good customer service.
I haven't got wind of any horror story's coming from the frankston store yet and we see alot of the Braaap bikes around.

You guys have made some fair points and asked some good questions of Brad that i am interested in hearing the reply of. Did anyone end up seeing any metal testing results?

Hey mate,

Welcome to Mini Riders.

If you have a flick back a couple of pages ago there is a test they do on the frame. Not what most people expected though and the test is a bit dodgy to prove frame stregth. Some solid figures would be nice but I ain't holding my breath.

Where are all the Braaap bikes these days...only seeing them in the workshop in repair not on the track!
I was trying to say where are all the Braaap riders riding cos havent seen too many riders around this month..

Last edited:
Dreadful, I think that the claims are a little over the top, but I also think that you are starting to attack what seems like a young guy trying to make a difference.

I tried having a go at starting a minibike business, the right way, giving customers a great product at a reasonable price but kept getting knocked back by comments like this, in the end I gave up. Give the guy a chance, Yes his bikes are expensive and yes he makes ridiculous comments but it seems like he is trying to do the right thing through these ride days and the like.

As I remember correctly, you used to push MSO in nearly every thread about a year ago, now I can't even find them on this site and they dont even appear on google.

Summing it all up, retail is always a difficult business to get into, and is dominated by how people view your product and service, however its more often the case where the "hip" product does well, which is governed by marketing hype and trends, take thumpstar for example, you bearly hear from them now dont you (yes i know they are terramotor), they took a step away from all the imitations and tried to give a new product but everyone jumped ship and seems like they arent around??? As a moderator, I think that you should try and be as neutral as possible when it comes to company branding and the like, I know that everyone has an opinion, however seeing that you being a moderator, your opinion has more of an impact on the rest of the forum, so you should be a little more careful of what you say.

I hope that all the business' do well in the future, as you need a few companies to ensure competitiveness and to keep the market fair, could you image what would happen if DHZ took over, the prices would go up for sure, just look at what has happened to pitster. In the end almost all the mini bike product is from the same factory, rebadged, remarketed and flogged off as the "new" great product.

Im kind of glad that I no longer in the business, not to say it wasnt fun while it lasted, just that its so opinion dominated and alot of the time its biased false opinions that seem to be the norm.

Well first of all I've resigned as a mod so now everything I say has NO link to the site so you can drop that ... as for me attacking Brad ? well as far as I'm concerned all I have done is ask him to back up the claims he has been making for the last few years ... if that is attacking someone well I'm guilty as charged ... thing is Brad has been using these clams to sell bikes and if they are untrue I think the members have a right to know .. now no one has said Brad isn't passionate about the sport and yes he pretty much got the ball rolling in TASMANIA .... however it appears the expansion onto the mainland has been a bit more difficult, after all not much has happened since the vicco store opened but you wouldn't know it reading the claims of domination on the braap site.In my opinion it doesn't matter who you are if you make claims you can't or won't back up this will be the result ... honestly do you know ANYONE that jumps 80ft on a pitbike and doesn't get a pic ...not one ? ...I don't think you can blame us for being sceptical .... as for the metal testing ? well Brad has been using this claim to suggest his frames are better than all the rest out there for a few years now ... so again it was only a matter of time before someone asked for proof ... not an attack more a request .

Sure a few ride days in vicco but where are the tracks he promised to open ...the race series he was gunna run ? the only guy running races now is Brad from Rusty not Brad from Braap Maybe answering a few questions about these claims and doing this before talking about expanding into europe and the states might be good ... JMO

Now as for posting pm's ? Brad told me to post the lot but I decided to post only what I had written and fill the members in on what he had said ...go back and have a look .

Lastly I don't care who you are if you make outrageous claims you won't or can't back up I'm entitled to ask for proof ..... even Braad understood this.

REALLY easy to sort it ...... just PROVE it and I'll happily eat humble pie but the answers Braad promised us where supposed to be posted by now soooo till then :bocul:

p.s congats on the 11th place in vegas Braad :applaudit:

Maybe mitch should of addressed some of the unanswered questions from the forum in his interview!

I have a feeling the interview mitch done with brad was paid for by Braaap.

well ladies and gents
i seen something to day that you all want to see

i was shown the metal test results for a batch of frames
believe me or not but i seen them

in saying i seen them there is not much point brad posting
them up here as on one will understand them
i see that type of thing every day at work and i still dont fully understand them

not that i ever doubted brad but im now a believer

so back to you haters to carry on with your braaap bashing

peace out

well ladies and gents

believe me or not but i seen them

in saying i seen them there is not much point brad posting
them up here as on one will understand them
i see that type of thing every day at work and i still dont fully understand them

not that i ever doubted brad but im now a believer

so back to you haters to carry on with your braaap bashing

peace out

I would be interested to see them, I have done material testing before (Engineering Degree) and it would make some sense to me. Would also make more sense if a "standard" (whatever that may be) frame was compared against the braaap frames.

hell it could of been for the engine to for all i know

like i sadi i dont fully understand them i know what the reports look like

but what all the numbers and crap mean i have no idea

I'm sure there are enough engineers on this forum to understand them... If Brad will post them up we can get stuck into them.

Personally I'll have no idea, however I do know 2 engineers... :)

well ladies and gents
believe me or not but i seen them......so back to you haters to carry on with your braaap bashing
NO show, no proof !!:11doh:
.....like i said, i dont fully understand them ...i know what the reports look like,
but what all the numbers and crap mean i have no idea
so ...you don't understand what you were reading , but you are a "Believer" now...??:cursing:

NO show, no proof !!:11doh:

so ...you don't understand what you were reading , but you are a "Believer" now...??:cursing:

as i said i SEE the REPORTS every day at work so i know what they look like
so yes i do believe that they do the metal testing

at the end of the day you can believe me or not thats up to you

nope sorry not the point he doesn't test every billet every bike it's not possible

bad luck it still doesn't excuse that he has overpriced bikes that i can get anywhere else cheaper

i think this is done hey

Last edited:
I saw it today too :) I didn't wanna be rude and ask for a copy to show you guys when I'm sure Brad would like to do that for him self :) Be a good moment to shut all you pain in the arses up haha.

Geez if this is over.. what is everyone gonna argue about next!?

Latest posts

Back