Braaap Pro 190

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought it would of fit, being made by daytona and supplied in a kit meant for the 190fdx. still havnt heard back from them but i did only lodge my complaint at lunch time so hopefully tomorrow i hear from them.

Should have got it from braaap Tassie, oh well they will replace it with the correct one anyway. Good luck

Should have got it from braaap Tassie, oh well they will replace it with the correct one anyway. Good luck

would of cost me 50 bucks in fuel, and i cant buy from them online as my computer wont let me for some reason.Oh and they dont have the pe28 advertised on their site anyways, hence why i didnt buy from braaap. i supported a site sponsor instead :)

Just call them up and speak to Casey mate. He will sort you out straight away.

Would have cost you 3 grand for the carb from craaaapp with there pricing models. hahaha

lol ^^ thats the truth right there hahahaha seem,s that i was the twat with the order and not dhz anyways. i grabbed the pe28 kit from dhz which looks identical in the pic to the pwk28 (apart from flat slide carb) but it doesnt state that its for a 190fdx just says daytona manifold where as the pwk kit does state for a 190. havnt actually spoke to dhz yet just had a message on my phone from them basically stating what i just wrote. will call them soon and see what can be done... god damn i am a twat

Any of you guys ever buy an oil filter from DHZ ?? That right there epitomizes gauging in the worst possible way !! $30 for an oil filter is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard !!!

I wouldn't buy a china oil filter full stop.

I run K&N ones. Catch a lot more of the junk as has more fins. The 160HO motors use the same oil filters as a DRZ400.

Yeah I would run a Hiflo filter if I could. The filter I need at the moment is the same as the TRX125/Kitaco oil filters, which was never brought in to Australia as a spare part by Honda, as they only ever sold the '85 TRX 125, which didn't use an oil filter. The 86-87 TRX 125 model uses the filter I need, so gonna have to find some on ebay. Ended up getting some cheap and quick anyway, but gee it was a hassle.

As a side note Motorman, all oil filters these days are made in China !! The K&N filters are made by Hiflo.

dhz are a little dearer than ebay, but you do get decent service and quick postage. i cant even find a oil filter on braaaps web page.

likebutton.jpg

As a side note Motorman, all oil filters these days are made in China !! The K&N filters are made by Hiflo.

Totally not true. K&N are made in Korea.

The difference in quality is substantial. You can see it just looking at the two together.

With China motors renowned for having some filings in the case I want the best filter possible and you can't go past K&N for quality.

Run them in my big bike as well. Had 1 rebuild in over 30,000km's of riding. Must be doing something. ;)

well talked to dhz, and they dont have the correct manifold in stock, and couldnt tell me when they will get any more. i do have the option of running the ycf manifold with a oko adapter, i will just have to buy a dremel and open up the internal diameter to match the carb. more f@ckin around than id expected but ahh well what can u do?

There is definitely a big difference between cheap garbage and quality products. Which is what you are comparing. If you are referring to the standard oil filters that come in china motors and that of a reputable filter company, ie. Hiflo/K&N etc, then you are correct. I was kinda generalising when I said China. They are actually made in Thailand. And Hiflo do make the K&N oil filters.

well talked to dhz, and they dont have the correct manifold in stock, and couldnt tell me when they will get any more. i do have the option of running the ycf manifold with a oko adapter, i will just have to buy a dremel and open up the internal diameter to match the carb. more f@ckin around than id expected but ahh well what can u do?
I have to run an adaptor plate in mine, as i need to twist it outwards to fit under the frame. Reckon you could drill one out tofit your head. Should be an easy mod.
Silver CNC Carb Manifold Adjuster Carburetor Spinner Plate Adapter Dirt PIT Bike | eBay
Might not be the right size, but u get the idea

I have to run an adaptor plate in mine, as i need to twist it outwards to fit under the frame. Reckon you could drill one out tofit your head. Should be an easy mod.
Silver CNC Carb Manifold Adjuster Carburetor Spinner Plate Adapter Dirt PIT Bike | eBay
Might not be the right size, but u get the idea

think you misunderstood what i have to do lol, the standard manifold will work fine, i just have to open the carby side of the manifold up. the head side is 28mm id, whereas the carb side is only 24mm id so il take the dremel to the inside of the manifold and open it up to match the oko rubber boot and carb internal diameter.

so, after 4 hrs of cutting, test fitting, and generally just having a prick of a time ive given up on using a silicone pipe from the carb to the air box as i just couldnt get it to seal properly. so, this looks like a good filter, im thinking just run this inside the airbox its self.
K N Air Filter RU 1410 Universal Clamp on Fits Keihin PWK28 Free SHIP No Res | eBay
anyone used them? good points, bad points?

think you misunderstood what i have to do lol, the standard manifold will work fine, i just have to open the carby side of the manifold up. the head side is 28mm id, whereas the carb side is only 24mm id so il take the dremel to the inside of the manifold and open it up to match the oko rubber boot and carb internal diameter.

Righto, thought it wouldn't bolt on to the head. Now I can't understand how DHZ f'd up so badly?

ok i will explain it again mate, the inlet manifold that DHZ sent me doesnt bolt onto my head, it is 45mm bolt spacings on one side and around 54mm on the other. i needed a manifold with wide spacings on both sides. what i was explaing was that the manifold i have here that was already on the bike can be made to work with a oko adapter and using a dremel to make the port size in the manifold match the carby as the port on the standard ycf manifold runs from 24mm through to 28mm at the head.
o and i never said they ****ed up so badly just they sent me the wrong manifold. so instead of bolt it all together and start tuning, i have to buy more parts and wait for them to turn up.
if you still dont understand then i will post some pics to help.

ok i will explain it again mate, the inlet manifold that DHZ sent me doesnt bolt onto my head, it is 45mm bolt spacings on one side and around 54mm on the other. i needed a manifold with wide spacings on both sides. what i was explaing was that the manifold i have here that was already on the bike can be made to work with a oko adapter and using a dremel to make the port size in the manifold match the carby as the port on the standard ycf manifold runs from 24mm through to 28mm at the head.
o and i never said they ****ed up so badly just they sent me the wrong manifold. so instead of bolt it all together and start tuning, i have to buy more parts and wait for them to turn up.
if you still dont understand then i will post some pics to help.

I see what your getting at, but what i meant was that if you were going to use the the manifold that DHZ sent (45mm bolt holes either side) you could get the adapter plate mentioned above which has a diameter of 58mm (just measured mine) and then drill out 2 of the pre-made holes which in turn would allow you to bolt this onto your head, then with the existing holes in the plate bolt your DHZ manifold (45-45mm) straight onto the plate, it would save you porting the original manifold. Just another way of getting round it.

As for the air filter thats more of a road bike type filter and i don't believe it'll fair to well on the dirt, even being inside a box, would be better to look at a foam filter.

Latest posts

Back