Braaap Pro 190

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a generic china 'one size fits most' spanner, forged tool steel- Shock Absorber Shocker Shokie Adjusting Tools C Spanner Wrench | eBay
Moose make a good one,
nice and wide so it doesn't damage the lock rings, but are a bit overpriced for something you rarely use
Moose Racing KTM Shock Spring Spanner Wrench | eBay
or you can get the adjustable ones too- Yamaha YZ SRX Vmax SX Viper Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Shock Spanner Wrench | eBay

mine are just basic hardened steel, about 4mm thick, i have a few fixed size ones, and one self adjusting

Last edited:
yeah that's it, does it use 2 lock rings ?

sound's like he may have had a bit too much preolad on the spring?
once you have adjusted it and are happy with the feel, don't forget to do up the grub screw to lock it all up

only has a single collar/ring on it. definitely to much preload the thing is like a rock... pricing carbs atm, and there is some very different prices out there on the keihin pe28mm, the cheaper ones while saying genuine surely are not. does this affect there reliability/tuneability........
oh and any one there that wants a elka with res, id swap it for a genuine pe28 and a splitfire lead atm lmao......

i would be using a 428 Pitch set up, Front and Rear, the chains are a lot stronger
but don't know if that might restrict your available sprockets ?

that one in the link above has all the measurements, compare them to yours

Just buy a did gold chain 420 pitch, same as Ktm 65's run. You won't have any issues at all with braaap sprockets and a did chain. Braaap also have some pe 28"s in stock, they may have the rubber adaptor doovy thing too and Uni filter. I always run their stuff and have only changed sprockets as I wanted to change colour not because they wear out, my old one is still good as. Email [email protected], tell them I sent ya, they'll hook you up. Welcome to the dark side!

fair enough, their sprockets are reasonably priced to suprisingly enough. il have to have a look and see what they have as far as 428 pitch goes, if its stronger id rather run that. let the preload of the spring today, just turned the spring by hand and it has made a huge difference. feels a liitle spongy on return tho, does the little flat head clicker fix that? and im not sure if i want to pay 2/3 times th price i can get a pe for online. just not sure if they are actually genuine or if they have any faults. the bloke that put me on to them said he hasnt had any problems with his.... braaap will get enough of my hard earned cash just through plastics and hour meter etc :) im really really really hoping someone has a pe in their shed and want a elka cause no one seems to have money lol

That chainseems to be ok, a few guys run them. I'm telling yah mate, just run a 420 pitch. The ycf team and braaap team at Vegas all ran stock sprockets and chains the bikes come with, plenty tough.
I know Mick, rotn50, had some replica pe carbs for sale last year. What one are you into for a third of the price? Akunar in Thailand sell pe carbs for 100 bucks

i was thinking of grabbing a 420 pro taper chain, just checking that they aren't rubbish lol. i found a couple of pe28's on ebay around 70 ish but were definitely fakes. ive bought the pe28 from dhz, might as well support the site sponsors and by the time you get the manifold and adapter from akunar its only 60 odd bucks you save :) grabbed a "performance" coil and splitfire lead today to from ebay. if the coil isn't any better than the braaap one then it can go on the boys bike anyway :)

When ya get a DID chain ask for a Heavy duty one cos there is two kinds and ones got the same strength as a china chain

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeh, you'll want the DID NZ3. its easy to pick out, its all gold and nice looking, the other type is black. its worth the diffference in price

hey mate my mate has the braaap pro 190 they are hunks of **** to costy do not start much they aboslulty **** house my 150 beats it :')

get a 428hd chain I run tht does not break or twist just be careful incase of casing it chewed mine but now its good

the DID Professional chain is 15% stronger than the standard DID, the DID NZ3G is almost 40% stronger than the DID standard.
and all DID chains are pre-stretched so wont reqiure readjusting as much

2005-did-420nz3-super-non-o-ring-chain.jpg

blender, you can get the DID NZ3 in black too
DID 420 NZ NZ3 420NZ3 120 Link Black Race Chain FOR MX Mini Bikes | eBay

Last edited:
hey mate my mate has the braaap pro 190 they are hunks of **** to costy do not start much they aboslulty **** house my 150 beats it :')

What's this guy on? Don't get the 428 chain unless you have the 428 pitch sprockets. It should say on the chain what pitch it is, then just get the gold did chain in that pitch type. To go the thicker 428 you need to change both front and back sprockets to the 428 pitch. A 150 beating a 4 valve 190 is pretty unlikely unless the 190 is seriously ill.

yeah i was thinking the same, carb or timing must be way off ! or maybe his mate left the choke on ?

Latest posts

Back