Brendo's 140 Build (heaps of pictures)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Brendo, hope you and your girl are dealing with it all as best as possible bro, where all here for you buddy and never forget that.

Nick, your a champ for sharing your story and I've spoken to you before about it and you are the father I wish I maybe able to be one day dude.

Both you boys can call on me anytime, anyway, anyday.

Ok waiting for the subframe to dry is a *****, so ended up heat wrapping the pipes in some of the spare time I had today.
Sorry for all the crappy pics lately I've just been finding it easier to use tapatalk.
Anyways enjoy.
vupu3e4e.jpg

ymehe7ej.jpg

I know this picture makes them look crooked and uneven but with them bolted to the subframe it all straightens up.
pyhasy8y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Great work mate, you definitely have an eye for detail.. Love your custom work, them pipes look factory..

Yeah mate life can definitely b a ***** ay oh well always gotta look on the bright side of life that's the only way to go forward bud .

Thanks for the kind words micko your a top bloke .

Those pipes look amazing 8r3nd0 you done a great job you have to post a vid of it running with that setup too I'd love to hear it :)

Sent from my HTC One M7

Ok waiting for the subframe to dry is a *****, so ended up heat wrapping the pipes in some of the spare time I had today.
Sorry for all the crappy pics lately I've just been finding it easier to use tapatalk.
Anyways enjoy.
vupu3e4e.jpg

ymehe7ej.jpg

I know this picture makes them look crooked and uneven but with them bolted to the subframe it all straightens up.
pyhasy8y.jpg

Love the first pic, for some reason they look miniature and ready to be put on a 1:32 scale model Brendo 140

Cheers Gerro means a lot coming for the master of builds haha.
Also funny you should say that Mick as I had a play with an app I've got on my phone and the setting is called miniaturize so yeah I guess that named it right.
Ill get a vid for you Nick when it's all ready mate, not a problem.

nice mate, just wrapped my exhaust today too, snapped of the shield mounts on my last ride, so i figured why not... how did you put yours on? I soaked mine for about 10mins then got a mate to hold the pipe and spin it while i kept the pressure on the wrap and placed it.

nice mate, just wrapped my exhaust today too, snapped of the shield mounts on my last ride, so i figured why not... how did you put yours on? I soaked mine for about 10mins then got a mate to hold the pipe and spin it while i kept the pressure on the wrap and placed it.

I started off by folding over about 10mm of the wrap then started about 30mm down then went back over it to lock it in then put a locking tie on it.
Then just started halving each time I went around the pipe, I did about 300mm then twisted the wrap I just put on to get the slack out then finished the same way I started.
Now have the next couple of days to watch the wrap smoke away. I've done it a couple of times now and find it the best way to do it.

Again sorry about the quality my computers dead.
Well here she is enjoy...

naqydane.jpg

savy7aby.jpg

5ura2a5y.jpg

qaresu2e.jpg

ezebapum.jpg

a2a8abuq.jpg

resugenu.jpg

u8ytunyq.jpg

epamahag.jpg

Good ****n **** Brendo, your bike is ****n **** hot ****, *****es better watch out when Brendos running amok lol.

the stars equal the thread rating lol

Wow dude looking sweet! i love the carbon tip exhausts so nice! and those seat covers finish them off nicely! how much those seat covers set you back? i ended up paying nearly $120 for my mine :/

looking good brendo,
sorry to hear about your loss.

the new/modified pipe/muffler setup looks so sweet, hope you'll post up a quick video of it running soon !??

like the coloured wrap you can get these days,
it doesnt show up the dirt/grease as much as the original white stuff.
you can also colour the insulation wrap with extractor paint too, do it in a couple of coats, once the water has been dried out of it.
when i wrapped my pipe on the Custom Orion ages ago, i used a smear of Hi-Temp silicon at each end around the pipe to help hold it down, along with the supplied stainless clamps.
hmm, i might have a look for some clip on clamps to use on my next wrap?

Cheers lads, haha Mick you crack me up bud.
Yeah Tom you honda lovers will kill me for having it on there but it's a two two theme bike, so you honda lovers and chinga bashers just keep your cool yeah.lol

I got mine from Mario at topline upholstery for $99 bucks posted so yeah they are a bit pricey but the quality is second to none and really finish it off.

Id like to have a crack at fotm but there's just so many good bikes out there.
I was trying to get it to look as close to factory full size as possible but one that's been put in the dryer.
Ill get a vid up for as soon as my bloody computers fixed. It sounds pretty awesome I reckon, taking it for its first ride to test out how the pipes go and the elka this week hopefully. I just love how its turned out, I can't stop going out and starting it up, I'm so stoked.
Come tax time fingers crossed I might put a new 160 in it but will have to stick to a yx as the pipes a crf50 bend, I really wanted to try a z155 but they are all klx arn't they!
& as the thread name says heaps of photos, here's a couple more.
yqyduve2.jpg

esyde7yq.jpg

Last edited:
Work of art mate, as for the new engine come tax time, chuck a 184 in there and just bend the pipe to suit, i'm sure a man with your talents can pull it off, hell i did it and i'm a complete spaz...

bike looks awesome i cant come to grips with spending that kind of money on a pit bike just yet, big bike on the other hand no prob untill the misses works out how much im spending haha

Can't wait to hear this bad boy!

The daytona 150 2v is same band as the yx160 not sure about the anima's though? Just a thought.:grinning-smiley-003

Must Pot alot of time in working on your bike man, Shows up and is paying off!! Good stuff

just go a anima 190 bud there crf50 bend exhaust ports and then it will sound insane !

Latest posts

Back