Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 races in on it ad ride it a few times in between races clutch is fine! I fan clutches to so I'm not easy on them..

Maybe on motard you would go through them but mines fine

I haven't heard any probs in the 190s, that's not to say there isn't but I think they hold up quite well considering how many are now out there.

Mines fine great motor but i agree with brendo on starting them tho I'm not sure if I've got the hang of the decomp I'm a bit special LOL !

I found switching from my jfq needle to the jfn needle but keeping the 42/125 jetting made it crap loads easier to start cold , instead of 900 kicks it goes in 4 or so without choke it hates choke never starts with it no matter what . But no choke and 4 kicks she will start and stay idling no probs cold as ice..

They go hard as a mad bull and have all the power i need 4 now but i said that about the 150 too ha ha .

Decided not to sell mine now after riding it over the weekend .... Just cant do it !!

Mines fine great motor but i agree with brendo on starting them tho I'm not sure if I've got the hang of the decomp I'm a bit special LOL !

I found switching from my jfq needle to the jfn needle but keeping the 42/125 jetting made it crap loads easier to start cold , instead of 900 kicks it goes in 4 or so without choke it hates choke never starts with it no matter what . But no choke and 4 kicks she will start and stay idling no probs cold as ice..

They go hard as a mad bull and have all the power i need 4 now but i said that about the 150 too ha ha .

Decided not to sell mine now after riding it over the weekend .... Just cant do it !!

That so means reps for Nick.

cheers Mick I'm staying true to minis bud the LXR is by far the best mini bike I've built and ridden and its staying with me i cant help to think that it will get trashed in the hands of another owner

I'm calling for a like button once again, great to hear Nick.
Yeah starting is different as opposed to starting a normal bike and finding top dead centre each time to kick the guys that have the auto decomp will know what I mean. I'm getting the hang of it find top then kick and basically kick kick kick away until it fires up and yeah mines starting up about every 4th kick now on choke but im turning the revs up just a tad also but only when it's bone cold in warmer temps its fine.
My chain has stretched like a ***** already and have to find time this weekend to do the clearances but damn could not recommend the setup more highly, just awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just sayin fellas I know your all about monitoring the motor etc BUT to me it money it could be spent elsewhere. My bike runs a ****ty PE28 round slide that comes in the TB kits not even original and runs like a dream!! Choke on 1st kick no choke 2nd kick all day everyday might have got a lucky one :)

What's the decomp button for? FDX is auto decomp kick all you like.

Just sayin fellas I know your all about monitoring the motor etc BUT to me it money it could be spent elsewhere.
What's the decomp button for? FDX is auto decomp kick all you like.

Like button styvo old mate like...
What are you talking about monitoring the motor I don't get it? No one mentioned decomp button I mention the auto decomp is just different it's hard to get your head around kicking away on these engines when its instilled in your head to find tdc every kick on the yx's, that's all I mean.

Last edited:
i just get tdc and kick like anything else! starts 1st or 2nd kick most times! styv and i haven't change jetting since our old 184's and pretty good! mine could be getting a bit more fuel! and im now running a 120/42.5

when a motor is tuned correctly u will always need choke ,

most likly your motor is to rich nick to start with ,

i my eyes u have some HP to gain from leaning it out bud start with the pilot and see how crispy it becomes

It's tuned right it's got tons of power 3rd gear on the back wheel nice plug color idles perfect smooth transition through the whole rev range . Just because it starts and idles without choke cold doesn't mean it's not tuned right if anything it's was a tad lean with the jfq needle so I richened it up with a jfn needle now it's running spot on

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've had plenty of experience with different carb types and motors to know when there running on song

Last edited:
Like button styvo old mate like...
What are you talking about monitoring the motor I don't get it? No one mentioned decomp button I mention the auto decomp is just different it's hard to get your head around kicking away on these engines when its instilled in your head to find tdc every kick on the yx's, that's all I mean.

Yep that's exactly the same thing I can't master I'm used to manual decomp with the auto seems you gotta kick and keep kicking for the auto decomp to stay engaged

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Latest posts

Back