dhz 110 lowering rear

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

china911

Reaction score
one of the kids has out grown the pw 50 and l want to put them on the dhz. Still a little tall. It currently runs a 280 mm length . lm looking at something cheap and 240mm. or less if they exist. Cheap means no rebound adjust. DHZ has a DNM 240 with rebound for $90 odd dollars.

Are they worth the extra . Does the rebound work ?? Or do l buy a $40 dollar job from Ebay. ??

before you go buy one,
have you thought about dropping the old 280mm shock out and fitting a 240mm wooden rod in there with a hole drilled at each end, this way you can see how much it'll drop
i think a 40mm shorter shock will drop the rear end close on 100mm-120mm

you could use and old broken broom stick, or tomato stake etc

I used one of those 240mm adj rebound shocks tolower jaydens 110, and I had to add a extender to get the right height.

what size shock did you pull out of jaydens bike ? im just trying to gauge the difference in shock sizes . kids grow up to quick. l will try the wooden spoon thing. My impression was 240 v 280 mm = lowered = 40mm. lf its by 100mm or more l have to think about it.

l guess the 240mm shocks are a less lbs rating hence the sag

Nah, you need to consider the angles of the swingarm from the front pivot bolt too,
The swingarm pivots 100mm or so infront of the shock, so it's a sort of leverage action.
If you think about it 10mm of movement at the shock, gives you roughly 40mm movement at the rear axle.
Because the top of the rear tyre is roughly 200mm - 250mm further back than the shock mount

Nah, you need to consider the angles of the swingarm from the front pivot bolt too,
The swingarm pivots 100mm or so infront of the shock, so it's a sort of leverage action.
If you think about it 10mm of movement at the shock, gives you roughly 40mm movement at the rear axle.
Because the top of the rear tyre is roughly 200mm - 250mm further back than the shock mount

yeah spot on l didn't calculate the angle of the shock and swing arm. l just cut up some decking 240mm and 260mm . l think a 260mm shock will be enough, add a little drop at the front forks also she will be spot on . The extra long wheelbase makes the bike look like a havoc hill climber.

Another thing to look out for with buying a new rear shock is the spring rate, i reckon something around 500lbs should be ok?
Maybe measure your spring diameter of the one you have now, might give you and indication.

This Takegawa 10" shock would be good, they might have more on order ?
Classic Honda 50's Australia - Takegawa Rear Shock Absorber with 260mm Spring

here is a non adjustable rebound, 260mm gas shock for $80 ono inc delivery
HD GAS Shock Absorber Shocker Suspension FOR Dirt PIT Trail Bike 125cc 140 150cc | eBay
cheap one 270mm
Shock Absorber Suspension Shocker FIT Dirt Bike PIT PRO Trail Bike | eBay

i just sent you a PM too, another option, dearer though.

Latest posts

Back