Did you get ripped off

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought almost all of my new motorcycles (Honda Yamaha Kawasaki) from the same dealer for over 15 years. Even when he did not have the brand or specific model that I wanted, he jumped through hoops to get me what I was looking for and for little or no overhead. To think if I could of had a chance just to get on a Yamaha corporate website and order a bike directly from the manufacturer it would have alienated me away from the great supporters of the sport called dealers. Local dealers assit the manufacturers in more ways than just selling their products. They support the sport and assist the buyer in many more ways than that can be taken care of thru a website or over the phone. I like to see the person I am talking too when I am purchasing a new vehicle. It helps me decide if I am making a good decision or not. I have to say that my friend (dealer) currently does not sell new Japanese motorcycles anymore (I am sad) he sells Hyosung's and used bikes of all models but he was the 1st person I went to when I wanted to buy my '08 Yamaha WR250X. He went way beyond my expectations and set me up a great deal on the bike at a Los Angeles Yamaha dealer. THIS IS WHAT IT IS ABOUT PEOPLE!!!!!!!! Good manufacturers know they need people to promote their products in order to stay alive. Consumers like it when they can go to their LOCAL dealer and get service, parts, bikes, a reach around, shoot the bull..etc.....ya get where I am coming from.......to me really a bike is a bike is a bike...there are great ones and then there are true pos.....ya get what ya pay for....that goes for material and/or customer service......sorry for ranting..I do not do it often....but I feel this should have been said...just my opinion.....I will now wait for the daggers

1) IF you read the MR thread you would've relised we knew it was you hence why Iposted it here as the bloke (Truth) was banned from PM is that correct?

2) Aus has only 1 PP importer and it's cheapier to go through him then to get 1 bike off you. Hence why we don't have this problem here

3) Ken (DHZ, PP) is one of the most loyal pitbike dealers you'll meet and I'm prod to surport him.
1)I dont ban people from PM that is not up to me, but I am sure you can take that up with the powers that be???

2) We dont ship to AU anyway, and have not since our exclusive agreement was made with DHZ several yrs ago.

3) I agree Ken is a great guy and we have a great relationship, I couldent agree more!!

Originally Posted by Pitster
I hope things are well with you in OHIO, home of the "HE MAN PITSTER HATERS", lol. I would guess if I checked your Ip address I would know just who you are too. Have a nice day.

For those of you that need Pit Pike parts and accessories and Pitster Pro info and help. You know were to find us.
Thanks
I have no HATE for you... It is again unbecoming to lump all of OHIO into a stereotyped group of haters.... My predispositions are from my OWN experiences with you and I have done little to attampt to sway anyone else's business with you other than giving my honest opinion of my dealings...

Unfortuneately I am lumped into an "OHIO HATERS CLUB" by one of the industries' SUPPOSED leaders!!!! LOL how funny

p.s. ride honda
i agreed with the honda statement.

i got pop corn if anyone wants some.

I hope things are well with you in OHIO, home of the "HE MAN PITSTER HATERS", lol. I would guess if I checked your Ip address I would know just who you are too. Have a nice day.

For those of you that need Pit Pike parts and accessories and Pitster Pro info and help. You know were to find us.
Thanks
whoa, just keep it professional..... im on neither side but your actions reflects on your business. u should just keep your cool and your customers.

Originally Posted by crfiddy02
whoa, just keep it professional..... im on neither side but your actions reflects on your business. u should just keep your cool and your customers.
lol + 5,000,000

Originally Posted by 50rider340

Hondas are faster than u can say orval redenbacher!

I'd like some...I like popcorn

Originally Posted by burch753
I have no HATE for you... It is again unbecoming to lump all of OHIO into a stereotyped group of haters.... My predispositions are from my OWN experiences with you and I have done little to attampt to sway anyone else's business with you other than giving my honest opinion of my dealings...

Unfortuneately I am lumped into an "OHIO HATERS CLUB" by one of the industries' SUPPOSED leaders!!!! LOL how funny
OK thank you for that, I should not have assumed you are from the other group. I am sorry you have had a bad experience, and would love to speak to you over the phone about it and see what went wrong for you.

Please reach me during normal business hours and we can discuss.

Thanks

all i got to say is if crap like this went on in australia the importer/dealer would get blacklisted pretty quick and in return probly either sell up or go broke....

do yourself and the economy a favor and look after your dealers...

and Pitster Pro, as for not offering AU residents products does that count for parts as well...

This thread will be closed or locked,long before most of the stories make it on here...

Originally Posted by doopsx3
I have bought almost all of my new motorcycles (Honda Yamaha Kawasaki) from the same dealer for over 15 years. Even when he did not have the brand or specific model that I wanted, he jumped through hoops to get me what I was looking for and for little or no overhead. To think if I could of had a chance just to get on a Yamaha corporate website and order a bike directly from the manufacturer it would have alienated me away from the great supporters of the sport called dealers. Local dealers assit the manufacturers in more ways than just selling their products. They support the sport and assist the buyer in many more ways than that can be taken care of thru a website or over the phone. I like to see the person I am talking too when I am purchasing a new vehicle. It helps me decide if I am making a good decision or not. I have to say that my friend (dealer) currently does not sell new Japanese motorcycles anymore (I am sad) he sells Hyosung's and used bikes of all models but he was the 1st person I went to when I wanted to buy my '08 Yamaha WR250X. He went way beyond my expectations and set me up a great deal on the bike at a Los Angeles Yamaha dealer. THIS IS WHAT IT IS ABOUT PEOPLE!!!!!!!! Good manufacturers know they need people to promote their products in order to stay alive. Consumers like it when they can go to their LOCAL dealer and get service, parts, bikes, a reach around, shoot the bull..etc.....ya get where I am coming from.......to me really a bike is a bike is a bike...there are great ones and then there are true pos.....ya get what ya pay for....that goes for material and/or customer service......sorry for ranting..I do not do it often....but I feel this should have been said...just my opinion.....I will now wait for the daggers
Well said, this is the reason why we have eliminated the drop ship type dealers from our program so that stocking dealers can be established in the respected areas and see that customers can get the service they need locally.

Thanks for your comments.

gooo colts!!

Originally Posted by sean01
all i got to say is if crap like this went on in australia the importer/dealer would get blacklisted pretty quick and in return probly either sell up or go broke....

do yourself and the economy a favor and look after your dealers...

and Pitster Pro, as for not offering AU residents products does that count for parts as well...
A customer in AU can buy many parts from our web site, so long as they are NOT Pitster Pro parts. For Pitster Pro parts or bikes they need to contact DHZ or one of DHZ dealers, same goes for every other country or area we have a dealer established in.

Ah. Oh BTW I'm talking with staggs..

Continued..........

Originally Posted by mxkid247
gooo colts!!
LOL I agree, go colts!
I am off, if you all have any more questions, you can reach me during normal biz hrs. Have a great weekend!!

Oh and Ken (DHZ) Hope all is well in AU, you better make it out to Vegas this yr!!

Well said, this is the reason why we have eliminated the drop ship type dealers from our program so that stocking dealers can be established in the respected areas and see that customers can get the service they need locally.

Thanks for your comments.
I too, aggree with Doopsx3's comments... but undercutting your dealers is not the way to provide "local service"

If by, "Other Group" you mean a member of another forum that predominately has seen bad experiences with you, then yes... I am.

but writing everyone off as haters who is a part of this forum or associates thereof is STILL stereotyping... I know you can never please everyone, and every customer is different but when I race 30+ times one summer and win championships and everyone I know to trust in the industry is against you because of their own bad experiences..... something is wrong...

We are not some guy working out of a house trying to make a few quick bucks, or some guy doing this on "the side" like some many!!
i have nothing to do with this, but im sry that was uncalled for. Not everyone goes corporate, im sure you guys started out small and grew.

Gary I am not trying to start anything but you are getting rid of dealers like Killer Motorsports ??

Originally Posted by Blackwoodz
lets keep this unbiased.
bit hard when your around

Originally Posted by micro75
Gary I am not trying to start anything but you are getting rid of dealers like Killer Motorsports ??
I am sorry I cannot name names on a public forms, but I am more then happy to discuss if you would like to call.

i have nothing to do with this, but im sry that was uncalled for. Not everyone goes corporate, im sure you guys started out small and grew.
Your right.

Originally Posted by sagaone
bit hard when your around
yeah so

Go Saints

As for the banned question here's all I can say. Everytime I try to log in I get this message.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

yer there has been a few deleted lol ..

Atleast they havnt deleted the thread . Yet.....

nah man i think your right, i seen a post from him too.. but now its gone..
actually i got email notification on and ill have his message on my email....

strangely enough the last 2 posts i havent been notified about...

but his reply was there

Yep it is still kicking.

No Way!!! Go COWBOYS!!! awww crap...they did not make it..............again!!!!

Hahaha, you guys are gonna be pissed when the Saints whip that @$$! WHO DAT!!!!

Either way, its going to be one of the better Super Bowls I think!

You can justify and proudly say that you've gotten rid of the dropship dealers so you can give your stocking dalers a chance, but how do you explain selling a bike 100.00 less then dealer cost to the guy truth (keele81)?

thats funny you posted that...I teach Riders Edge (Harley's MSF rider course) and this picture is part of the curriculum...lol...(Harley history 101)

im not here shutting you down or bashing you in anyway just have a question for ya... i ordered a stem,and the two stem nuts from you guys and just wondering when i should expect them, i emailed you but it was your business email and it was after hours so i was just wonderin cause im in kind of a rush to get them, thanks

I'm looking for a new truck. Gonna call Bill Ford Jr at home. Local dealer wants too close to sticker price. Cried some nonsense about feeding his kids or something.

Actually it was ME that named them that, as a joke, while I was still a PP dealer. Lads look a bit like Dom and Doug

Before the "$100 heard 'round the world" deal became the last straw...

Went and joined pm and read the thread ....now it won't let me access ... says it's private ... the entire forums .... man I didn't even get a chance to post .

^^ lol, ditto here dread.. guess we just get censored to eh!

yeah what a joke hey ... must be scared of our gigantic intellects huh Speed ?:D

yer i can still get on....

dont worry dready you will be filled in on it all

naaa mate they'll just ban you .... it just annoys me a little but I'll get over it .... cheers for the thought though mate

if I wanna reply I'll start an account on my mates lappy

Last edited:
I tried to post this on MR, but wasnt allowed to... :(

i'm just curious to know when pitster are actually going to answer the queries people are having as to censorship on here of "unpopularly" directed threads that have "Pitster Pro" written in there somewhere...

Or perhaps an explanation for the price offered to a private purchaser is less than what a company's own dealers pay, for the same product?

Or even an attempt at rectifying the poorly designed rear hub/sprocket assembly and fixtures used?

Now perhaps it's just me living in an "Intellectual backwater Penal Colony", and not reading between the lines, or perhaps the above queries have been dodged altogether...

So, Mr Pitster, Sir... I invite thee to explain...

1: why is it that "unpopular" posts or threads of a negative nature are quick to disappear from Planet Mini's forums???? (Dont say they arent, we've had fellow MiniRiders members threads on this exact subject, deleted from public view on PM)

2: How is it successful business practice to Liberace your own dealers, by underselling them? now surely a bike sold by you, to a dealer, at a higher price, would net you a greater profit than selling a bike to a private customer out your back door at a cheaper price than what you charge your dealers?

3: Why are threads mentioning the rear hub/sprockets deleted, instead of information being gleamed from those experiencing the problem, and a solution found?

Now with the grand'ole US of A being litigation central, how well do you think it will fare in a claims court, when a customer is seriously injured when their hub collapses, and it's found in a court, (which from what my american friends tell me, would be highly likely, given that litigation is a legitimate form of making an income over there) that Pitster Pro USA is aware of the problem, and has effectively brushed it under the carpet...

Bad Press and all that...

Dunno how it works in the States, but over here, if a company is selling a faulty or poorly designed product, they'll get far more respect and support by investigating and rectifying the issue, instead of saying "Nup, remote cases, no one else has had that problem, there is no problem, lets just delete the threads instead"...

Yes, you may argue at the end of the day, it's a china bike, inherit problems are to be expected... but then the Pitster Pro's are meant to be high end items... not a $300 TDR or Atomik... me personally, being a "back shed idiot" and all that, i'd have stipulated in the design of the bike, something like the bolts required to restrain the sprocket to the hub, were of matching diameters in bolt width, and sprocket hole diameter... Or even using countersunk bolts of matching diameters... who knows, might stop those hubs collapsing... might even save an expensive civil suit...

Feel free to dodge the above post and questions...

hmm... didnt know Atomik Motorsports had cousins in the states...

Latest posts

Back