dook salad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, that rear wheel has a 15mm axle and your nugget rear swing arm is only 12mm! Wont fit.... Your bike is so sweet, why didnt you sell your swing arm on ebay and get one from DHZ? Instead of modifying the frame and changing the geometry of the rear shock.
You will regret it later.... otherwise the bike looks well wicked... I cant wait for my frame to snap so I can do the same lol

12/12 is dorky ....... you can see that the rear wheel is bigger in diameter than the front due to the rear tyre having a higher profile ...... it'll push the front end in tight turns ....... and be twitchy !

I got my all black CNC hub wheels from DHZ for $169 + $90 for tyres ..... you get a classy looking machined billet alloy sprocket with DHZ's wheels ....... :)

I bought a White Brothers CR85 sprocket from the US and it looks like crap quality in comparison . Also the sprocket and disc mount flanges on the DHZ billet hub wheels look far superior to those wheels you've posted .

Last edited:
mxb- the ducar run good at the moment, doesnt skip a beat. so i will run that until it blows then i might wack in a 108 or something in an honda 50 motor i have lying around and run that

worm- ah yes i know but to my knowledge only the bearings used in the hubs are the difference. they will be replaced straight away with either a 12mm ID or i will machine out the swing arm to suit the 15mm axle rather then the 12.
if worst comes to worst i can buy a dhz swing arm and throw that straight on with no dramas. all fun, all smiles.

jack- thanks for that. i am very unsure with which wheels to buy. i am even considering 10/10. but at the moment the front sits way to high compared to the back so by puting the 12 on the front it will level things out. later on down the track when i buy a decent set of forks everything will change again. but as for now i am steering towards the 12/12

sid- i was considering that too but it will sit the same as the 14/12

thanks for the replys guys its helping me out alot

I wonder if machining out the swing arm to 15mm will make it a little weak? Im sure your old man would know.... but yeah, worst case change it over and sell your current one on ebay for the same amount. No dramas.

gl with the build mate

it will make it weaker but the the width between the top and bottom of the area where the axle slides is the same on the 12 and 15 mm axles. i cant make any calls until i buy wheels anyway.
cheers mate

yer i saw them on the bay ,
nice pick up for 127.51 , bloody cheap ay
i was bidding on them too ,
they will look sik on it mate

oh sorry mate. i would not have bid against you if i knew.
i did get them cheap indeed. i think its a steal.
that same seller has 2 more sets in red and black if your intrested, 300 buy it now or 99 cents starting bid. i think 50 to post.
sorry mate good luck :)

hey, if u go with 12/12 does the front wheel end up looking smaller because the tires not as chunky?

all good bro , :)
theres plenty more up on ebay , ,
they were for my kids pitty as he has steel rims on his and he wants to do the mini sx at seaford bmx track next year so i have plenty of time to get a set for him ,

hey, if u go with 12/12 does the front wheel end up looking smaller because the tires not as chunky?

Depends mate, if you got alot of Tread same as the back, and it will feel bit orquad wodnt you think, like a big back knobby and small knobby front..

its coming along really well 50sbh keep up the good work

i thought ill throw up a pic of my bike on this thread, not for braggin rights just because ppl are interested what 12'' front and rear rims look like and how it sits
87.jpg

mxb- i want to have it done before christmas. but with owrk and everything i think it will be finished just after.

mittz- it all depends. you can buy tyres that are about the same size front a rear but then there are chunky arese rear tyres availible :D

slick- yeh there is a few more sets on. good luck mate i hope you pick up a pair even cheaper :)

divy yours looks tops mate you ahould be proud :)

Last edited:
Thanks for answering 4 questions in one, i remade my mxb, dont know weather to put it up or not sprayed it all and shit, just the engine im working on now, and all of this time i relasied my back sprocket 42 but its acctually a 37, hahah

Latest posts

Back