Hec's current ride - Tonelli/Skyteam M125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad_as_hec

Reaction score
Well, since MG is shut down and I've been a member here for over a year, I may as well put up a pic of my current ride - a Tonelli M125 Honda Z50 replica. I have 20 or so Hondas and 4 Chingas in the shed, but this is the reliable bike that always sees active duty. Keeping it mostly stock, only mods are an exhaust restrictor removal, a sidestand switch bypass, heavy duty rear shocks and HONDA stickers to please/stir the purists. Manages to hit 103 on the speedo when I'm flat out on the highway, hopefully the engine will loosen up more now that it's past 500km.

6ee7496f.jpg

Also a photo of the bikes that joined us for the Coastal ride from Hillarys to Freo earlier this year, hopefully more miniriders will join us for the cruise around the Swan River on 25/11/2011.

cacd7b46.jpg

Nah mate, it's all good. Starter motor burnt out 6 months ago.

Ha ha ha, didn't you only buy it 6 months ago? I'm not taking the piss hec, I just keep laughing at my mate starting his with the thumb kickstarter and i keep telling him one day it'll just go poof and disappear in a plume of smoke

Ok, I think that I must have the sneakiest, cunningest, most devious underhanded wife in the world. I knew she was up to something. Look what I found in the house when I got home from work today:

05acc410.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats hec, glad to see you got it in the end. This is one bike thats stuck in my mind over the years ever since i first saw it on mg.

105 on 10 inches? thats just a little bit crazy.

Nahh mate, that's A LOT crazy! Seriously tho, 103 on the speedo is probably closer to 95 REAL km/h. It was sitting with the left hand lane traffic at peak hour in a 100 zone. Totally stable ride now that the soggy sponges on the rear have been replaced with decent shocks.

You can also have a go at Pete, he was in on it also Hec.. So are you going to be riding the hardtail on the 25th ? :)

You can also have a go at Pete, he was in on it also Hec.. So are you going to be riding the hardtail on the 25th ? :)

Yeah, both of them are sly dogs! I will be riding the hardtail and the missus will be riding the Tonelli. Not sure of my sanity, 70+km on a hardtail.

Beautiful bike! I gotta do a hard-ass hard-tail.

FWIW, 135kmh on 10's is a breeze, on a set up bike.
Looking for 160 at the end of this month.

Big motor? NOW you have my attention:) That lower end is nice with a TB 57mm jug & slug and a ported Lifan head, for a couple hundred bucks. Add a VM26 and you're almost doubling the horsepower. Tak decomp cam will let the electric leg work. 20 years of 500cc MX has my knees trashed, so I'm a big fan of thumbies.

Latest posts

Back