Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you pull back that fibreglass insulation over the joins i mentioned above,
you will see where the wires are soldered to the copper windings, it might just need resoldering ?

It has a plate against them, i'll remove it and have a squiz :)

if you put some side cutters under the little rivet that hold's the wiring retainer tab to the backing plate ,
give it a slight twist, and the rivet head might come off, or the rivet might pull out ?

Hey mate, just checked the reading on the new stator and got 10.5, so b4 I started the swap over I thought is test the old one, now the damn thing is showing a reading, which also happens to be near twice that of the new one at 18.5. What would u do bud? I take it the old one has better wiring/insulation?

nah, the old one having twice the resistance isn't good, a variance of 5% is ok, but yours has an 80% variance
heat can also affect them, the industry standard measurement is taken at 25° C

so i wonder how you got a reading now it's off the engine ?
did you do anything different ?

Nothing at all, I just have it out of the motor now and the stator removed. So I'm guessing its a broken wire somewhere, and now its been moved it's made a vague connection. At a guess anyway.

all good mate,
did you set the timing in the middle of the slots ?

ok, that will retard it a bit, less pull down low in the rpms

Latest posts

Back