Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qwerty1234

Reaction score
Specifically for the type of caliper which takes these type of pads http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261320227581?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I can't seem to make the gold plate thingy sit properly. It always seems to get in the way of one or both of the brake pads. One of the pads along with the metal plate fell out when I took the wheel off, and I can't for the life of me figure out where it goes. 15 hours on one brake pad has completely worn down and the other still looks new so somethings not right

On most bikes its really really simple, it fits in a groove and seems really obvious, not this one.
I don't have any pics handy at the moment but it's the stock caliper on any of the Dpro bikes. Anyone know how the heck you put it? could be that mine is bent and thus why it doesn't sit. I've currently got it back together but if I pump the brakes a few times the wheel locks up until its spun half a turn then free's up. The caliper doesn't seem to want to float despite nicely greased pins, because i'm sure its not assembled correctly

sounds like your disc might be warped to me ?

i have never worked on that style caliper, so i not that much of a help
i think this is the same one- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hydrauli..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item20c322adbc&_uhb=1

but on the retainer clip, is there 2 tabs on the sides of it?
if you fit the disc pad in the 2x little tabs need to be carefully pulled away from the disc pad enough to let the pad sit back in place, then when you release the tabs, they hold the pad in

Last edited:
my 125 constantly wore on 1 brake pad, it was because the mounting bracket for the caliper was bent, check yours to see if its sitting straight on the disc. otherwise you might have your rear wheel spacings wrong? but that would make your chain slip off, and make alot of noise.

is there a small spacer between the caliper mount and the swingarm ?

guys, its not that, there's a gold metal plate which sits in the caliper, then the pads go in. I want to know how that gold plate is supposed to sit. If you have a caliper which takes the same sort of pads could you have a look and see how it fits?

did you read post #2 at the bottom ?

put up some pics of the caliper, and the retainer/spring clip and i'll explain it

guys, its not that
if you are missing the small spacer between the caliper mount and the swingarm,
the caliper won't work properly, and it will wear 1 disc pad out quickly just like your's has done

I had the same issue, DHZ actually un-packaged a caliper to send me pics of how it fits. It doesn't go in how you'd think.

461295_657563144259493_966757464_o.jpg

473197_657562714259536_1705774149_o.jpg

Thank you very much for the photo's! And just like that we have a solution!
Guess where my metal plate was in relation to that photo? upside down, cause its not bloody obvious whatsoever. No wonder it wasn't working properly
It does kind of fit that way and still provides full braking force, but gets in the way of the small pad and won't float correctly. Thus why it wears the other pad

Reassembled it the same as the photo and now its perfect, slides correctly and doesn't stick

edit: oh and P.S. there is no spacer between the caliper and swingarm, just the metal bracket which has its own spacer in it. Thats how it came from the box, I havn't lost anything and it sits just fine that way

Glad you got it sorted, it annoyed the absolute **** out of me! When I saw the pics I realized I had mine completely wrong (upside down the same as you) as that seems like the only possible way.

Latest posts

Back