Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that was in the top left? the output lead, from memory when holding the plug
yeah, its just incase the wires between the battery and stator get pinched and short out, in between the frame if you have an off at some stage.

ok UPDATE
DSC00709.JPG
DSC00710.JPG
switch for tailight^
DSC00712.JPG
and the connectors for the battery^

gonna go in to a battery shop for a new battery only because i need to give the battery i was using back
almost there..... :)
and btw the headlight is brighter than bright now

once you put a load (battery or large capacitor) on the reg/rect it will switch on the charge circuit, and it will work like it was designed to.
some of the cheap china regulator/rectifiers don't have a wattage rating on them.
this is why some may not supply enough power to keep up with what they are being used on.

if you can find one rated at 48 watts +, that's the best to use

there are also adjustable regulators available now, that can put out a lot more voltage

G'day guys, I noticed that you were talking about stator a with yellow and white wires requiring a rectifier and the ones with 2x yellow wires being able to connect directly to the light?

I have a stator with 2 yellow wires, I also have a 4 pin rectifier and a capacitor to smooth it out. Can I just connect one of the yellow wires to the headlight with a capacitor and switch in between and the other yellow to earth, or do I need to run the rectifier also?

not quite, but close to it
one yellow to earth and the other to the rectifier then find the out on it the rectifier then put the capacitor on the out.... then you can put a switch and the light on that, because the stator is AC where your light is DC so the rectifier converts the AC to DC because the lights wont handle ac power (they'll cook'em)
cheers

G'day guys, I noticed that you were talking about stator a with yellow and white wires requiring a rectifier and the ones with 2x yellow wires being able to connect directly to the light?

I have a stator with 2 yellow wires, I also have a 4 pin rectifier and a capacitor to smooth it out. Can I just connect one of the yellow wires to the headlight with a capacitor and switch in between and the other yellow to earth, or do I need to run the rectifier also?

the lighting coil with 2x yellow wires, is the same as one with a white and a yellow wire.
i would run it through the regulator/rectifier if you dont want to blow bulbs

so looking at the terminals inside the reg/rect, hold it with the locking clip up.

the top left is + (main power for the switch)
the top right is yellow from lighting coil
the bottom left is other yellow from lighting coil,
and the bottom right goes to earth

the capacitor's negative terminal needs to be connected to the earth as well
and the capacitors + terminal goes to the top left terminal on the reg/rect too

the lighting coil with 2x yellow wires, is the same as one with a white and a yellow wire.
i would run it through the regulator/rectifier if you dont want to blow bulbs

so looking at the terminals inside the reg/rect, hold it with the locking clip up.

the top left is + (main power for the switch)
the top right is yellow from lighting coil
the bottom left is other yellow from lighting coil,
and the bottom right goes to earth

the capacitor's negative terminal needs to be connected to the earth as well
and the capacitors + terminal goes to the top left terminal on the reg/rect too

Thanks for that! That makes life much easier!

Are you guys able to confirm the standard banjo bolt size for pitbike brakes? Is it 10x1 or 10x1.25?

A little update!!!
ok guys and girls its been a while since the last update but
whats going on with my bike?? well... its getting a new switch block because the one of got is a piece of poo.. and the stator plate has packed it in... im not to happy about that.... also gonna neatin it up a **** tonne looks like atm .... also my brake lights not functioning so i'll look into that one aswell

Another Update im refining the messiness of my wires and iv changed out the old charging coil ... its seems that on the inside of the flywheel there was a crap tone of carbon or what i thought was carbon... or soot even .... any way i think that may have been the prob but anyway the new ones soldered and ready to go on :)
so i'll try get some pics soon

the last pic, is that before or after you tidied the wiring?

did you get the horn working, just a minor adjustment on the litttle screw ?

Latest posts

Back