Is this worth it?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on how much stress your puting on it, backyard mucking around no problems, but on the other hand jumping im not sure, i recon it could handle you but i havnt owned one before...

i think your in a bit of a pickle being the size you are and only wanting to spend to under 1g..
cheaper you go the small the bikes get...

the only atomik bike i would touch would be the 140cc nitrous...goes for well under a grand..but if you buy it and it brakes dont say we didnt warn you...
unfortunately theres 2 things in a pitbike you cant get together...quality and cheap price...you always get what you pay for.
DVDrip has 1 in pieces so he could comment on the build quality.

build quality of the nitrous is on par with the crf style pitpro's, everything is either the same quality or better, yes that's right.... BETTER than pitpro. The only thing I don't like on the nitrous is the frame doesn't seem to be as well built compared to the pitpro frames, but it's still decent enough and I think would take a fair effort to snap it.

I think the nitrous is a good bang for buck bike for someone who doesn't have the $ for something built with quality in mind like a DHZ.

And like saun said, if you're gonna get one then get the 140cc.... 150 and 160 are old unstable engines and the 125 is the same price as 140 so you may as well get the 140.
You can get a nitrous for between $600-$700 on ebay.

oh and for the record I have 2 pitpro's and a nitrous, so I'm not just going by hearsay :rolleyes:

Last edited:
NEW ATOMIK NITROUS 140CC PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 18-Nov-09 20:45:37 AEDST)

they don't have any auctions on right now but they will in a couple days, usually there's 2 or 3 auctions going at once

Be warned tho, once atomik sell you bike they will not help you with anything, they have no after sales service and they don't give a flying F#@K about their reputation. Bottom line is Atomik are a bunch of complete wankers and will rip you off any chance they get.

Last edited:
mate the TDR is absolute garbage, the frame and forks will let you down big time, the rest of the bike is made up of some of the nastiest parts available.
it's pretty much the same as an atomik motox too.

oh and the guy selling that TDR better be prepared to let the bike go for $300 or less otherwise it's a complete rip-off.
they only cost between $400 - $500 brand new
2009 125cc TDR PIT DIRT MOTOR TRAIL BIKE THUMPSTAR AX4 - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 10-Nov-09 21:33:44 AEDST)

2009 125cc TDR PIT DIRT MOTOR TRAIL BIKE THUMPSTAR AX4 - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 13-Nov-09 21:08:32 AEDST)

As I said, it's only like a couple of weeks old and has been ridden twice.

mate what sort of bike do you think your going to get for $400... you definitely get what you pay for..
every1 above has given sht loads of decent advise regarding the TDR 125....

and i doubt youll find anyone with GOOD experiences of this bike...

if you want to buy then buy it, but dont post back in here saying...
hey i just bought a tdr 125 bike and it has fallen apart and doesnt start any more..

youll get no sympathy...and will probly get flamed and laughed at...

Mate basically its just a cheap nasty bike, and you will end up replacing the lot and having a lot of troubles. You might as well just get a half decent bike to start off with that way you wont need to replace everything and you will have a good platform to work off. When you get better and you demand it you upgrade sh!t...

hey don't stop him from getting it if he insists and hes not going to be putting any stress on it then go for it.

but don't come crying when u break stuff because stuff will break.

perfect bike for stuffing around with (iff you like that sort of stuff:D) just don't take it riding anywhere

its a toy

simple

Latest posts

Back