Is this worth it?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate. What is common to break? (Apart from everything, as has been said haha)

Thanks mate. What is common to break? (Apart from everything, as has been said haha)

They were serious when they said everything will break.

You should listen to sam_shineray..... he bought a similar bike and has had to replace everything,
I just sold him a frame, forks, swingarm and rims recently and he still has allot more on the shopping list

we wouldn't be telling you it's rubbish if it wasn't true, most of us have had a lot of experience with all different kinds of pitbikes. We've told you what you need to know, now the decision is up to you

deppends on what you intend to use it for

if its just a paddock bike then nothing really levers and general stuff like that from falling off.

u cant jump this bike iff you did the whole frame and everything would snap

i used to have a cheap bike similar and the rear swing arm was starting to open up the engine was stuffed (tdr probibaly comes with better engine but) plenty of spokes snapped, bars bent, back brake stoped working twice, forks were badddd and missing a few chuunks of metal from sliding over big rocks , plastics were stuffed, seat was falling apart etc

this was after about 8 months of torture but haha generaly that is what breaks

btw i dont have the bike still the only thing i managed to salvage was the brakes ,frame and rear shock

and that was from me learning to ride to now never really jumped it only small stuff and rode trail

you cant expect much from that bike but you get what you pay for

im not saying buy the bike but im not saying don't because it all depends on what you are going to use it for.

good luck

They were serious when they said everything will break.

You should listen to sam_shineray..... he bought a similar bike and has had to replace everything,
I just sold him a frame, forks, swingarm and rims recently and he still has allot more on the shopping list

we wouldn't be telling you it's rubbish if it wasn't true, most of us have had a lot of experience with all different kinds of pitbikes. We've told you what you need to know, now the decision is up to you

sam rode his bike once with me nothing broke on that day other than rear tube tearing

that was his first day riding used it once he never had to replace anything he bought frame and stuff to build a new bike?????

The thing was that i had unreal expectation for a cheap china pit bike.
Don't buy it and expect to give it a good bashing and expect nothing to break it will, but saying that if your just cruising tha paddock you'll be fine.

The reason i am building a new bike is i want something decent, and if i build it, i get to choose everything that goes on it, + its good just to had a good project to play with :D

ill give you a good insight on TDR just have a look at my display pic, its WAS i 125cc TDR pro.

1st ride: Snapped plastic, bent handle bars

2nd ride: Bent shock absorber, both fork seals blew, and front break line sprung a leak

3rd ride: Foot peg mounts started to crack and fold underneath the frame (outcame the welder)

4th and final ride: Hole frame gave way and snapped in 2

**** Bikes, wasnt even riding it that hard

^^^^ plus the frame in his display pic is a million times stronger than the TDR you linked us to

errr i dont think that is relevant at all because its a completely different setup

are you telling him to build or get a bike with simmilar frame/ suspension system?

well i can tell you now that not everyone wants to fork out big money for a first bike.

and you aren't going to need a good bike to ride on a paddock

i have personally seen and rode a 3 year old tdr 125 exact same bike everything is stuffed but it still pops monos and goes , rusted to the sh!t

dont tell me you need a super good frame to just ride normal

no one said anything about a super good frame,
I'm telling him the frame is super s#!t. the frames on the half decent bikes like DHZ Pitpro are just very average, then you get atomik nitrous which is poor but good enough, then you get TDR and atomik motox which is just completely s#!t.

you're trying to convince the guy to buy a **** bike, under the consensus that all he needs is a pile of s#!t to "ride around a paddok".

errr i dont think that is relevant at all because its a completely different setup

are you telling him to build or get a bike with simmilar frame/ suspension system?

well i can tell you now that not everyone wants to fork out big money for a first bike.

and you aren't going to need a good bike to ride on a paddock

i have personally seen and rode a 3 year old tdr 125 exact same bike everything is stuffed but it still pops monos and goes , rusted to the sh!t

you seem to be pushing him into thinking we are full of crap..
or either its your bike he's going to buy or you have a tdr yourself but cant come to terms with it being rubbish....

we are warning him because if it is his first bike then he shouldnt want to have to put up a bike falling apart every time he rides it....
gee he'll be a qualified mechanic before he gets a good ride in...

i know im not telling him to buy it OK i dont like the way that u say that it will break its ****. the tdr can last depends on how you treat it, iff your an idiot and start jumping and thrashing it then DUH obviously it will break, if you are smart then you can make it last.

i have spoken to people personally and they wont touch anything other than motox 125 style bikes because they are cheap and only muck around on paddocks, they wont waste their money on anything good because they dont need any more

you seem to have extremely high standards and to some people it doesn't work persoanly a nitrous would probibaly be the best choice iff he has the money that it.

but if you are just going to lightly ride it and just stuff around on it, then i sure as hell wouldn't be wasting my money on a bike that i don't even need

or mabie u should recommend a really expensive bike so that when he breaks it he wont know how to fix it or where to get parts from (big money too)

cheap bikes break

and guess what so do expensive :eek:

and hey whats the wrong in learning how to fix things im pretty sure that its handy to know how to fix a bike dont you??????

i know im not telling him to buy it OK i dont like the way that u say that it will break its ****. the tdr can last depends on how you treat it, iff your an idiot and start jumping and thrashing it then DUH obviously it will break, if you are smart then you can make it last.

i have spoken to people personally and they wont touch anything other than motox 125 style bikes because they are cheap and only muck around on paddocks, they wont waste their money on anything good because they dont need any more

you seem to have extremely high standards and to some people it doesn't work persoanly a nitrous would probibaly be the best choice iff he has the money that it.

but if you are just going to lightly ride it and just stuff around on it, then i sure as hell wouldn't be wasting my money on a bike that i don't even need

or mabie u should recommend a really expensive bike so that when he breaks it he wont know how to fix it or where to get parts from (big money too)

cheap bikes break

and guess what so do expensive :eek:

and hey whats the wrong in learning how to fix things im pretty sure that its handy to know how to fix a bike dont you??????

mate numbers talk... yr the only one here thinkin there ok and he wont have any drama's.
the rest of us here wouldnt even waste fuel in our cars to run over the piles of crap..

or maybe you and your TDR gang can ride off into the horizon holding hands and singing homo songs...
oh wait.. no you wont because youll be stopping ever 100mtrs to tighten the chain and all the bolts....you might get down the end of the street if yr lucky before the spokes come loose and puncture the tyres ...

as you can see this thread is getting a little old as everyone is repeating themselves.

and to the OP ill say it again... if you want to buy the TDR and experience these problems for yourself then go ahead...no one here will stop you...

I weight like 40kgs.. i learnt on a tdr 125 and i never really looked after it, one lasted 3 months one lasted 12 months. if you're any heavier then me ur gonna break the frame and everything else below you if you go over any small bumps! haha i love it when all ur guys go off tap when someone wants to buy a tdr!! 6 pages... should send the thread link to the guys at tdr!!

yes exactly

i wouldn't waste my time on it either i ride bush things fall apart.

but this guy is asking what will break and all you can see is its sh!t 100 times great help guys

you dont understand that people have different requirements.

i think it is absolute crap i would never touch one i have expirience on those type of bikes

and yes they do actualy make it down the street they can actually last much much longer than just down the street

play your cards right and you will have made it pretty far out i rekon.

right, the TDR i had was my first bike ok, payed 450 bucks off ebay. with the same purpose as this bloke. just to muck around on, on me mates back paddock, which is flat mind you. I too did not want to blow cash on a sport that i thought i might not even like...

but just simply doing circles around the paddock caused the shock to give out and the fork seals (im 6' and 70kgs). Dropped it going around a corner (snapped plastics and bent bars) Anyway i listed the rest of the damage before.

Admittedly when i did break it in half it was over a jump, but that was the final nail in the coffin for it, before that just ridding around in the paddock on the weekend ment i was either dipping my hand in the wallet for new parts or fabricating/welding more stuff to try and save it.

qwerty123 if you were smart you wouldn't buy one of these bikes, there's learning how to fix bikes, then there's trying to stop a train wreck

Latest posts

Back