Is this worth it?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right, the TDR i had was my first bike ok, payed 450 bucks off ebay. with the same purpose as this bloke. just to muck around on, on me mates back paddock, which is flat mind you. I too did not want to blow cash on a sport that i thought i might not even like...

but just simply doing circles around the paddock caused the shock to give out and the fork seals (im 6' and 70kgs). Dropped it going around a corner (snapped plastics and bent bars) Anyway i listed the rest of the damage before.

Admittedly when i did break it in half it was over a jump, but that was the final nail in the coffin for it, before that just ridding around in the paddock on the weekend ment i was either dipping my hand in the wallet for new parts or fabricating/welding more stuff to try and save it.

qwerty123 if you were smart you wouldn't buy one of these bikes, there's learning how to fix bikes, then there's trying to stop a train wreck

Look mate I only read till the forth page and I was over it... You have only three choices:

1) DHZ: DHZ MINI MOTO - Bikes . All bikes are great and coustomer service will beat TDR, Atomik, Lei and pitpro. Might be worth getting the D-PRO 125 or the outlaw 140

2) Pitpro: 2009 125cc RR PITPRO, DIRT BIKE THUMPSTAR PIT TRAIL - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Nov-09 17:43:28 AEDST)

3) Atomik nitrous: NEW ATOMIK NITROUS 160CC PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 20-Nov-09 22:15:55 AEDST)

Personaly. I hate what Atomik and Pitpro do. They don't give back anything to the sport, they don't look after their coustomers. Look at rastus for example ( http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-chat/25588-atomik-damaged-transit.html ). They're just s**** all togeather. Save your money and get something decent because you'll most likly regret not listening to us.

man i know i wouldn't buy one seriously you just cant have high expectations for such a bike, i think that is a shame that the forks went that must have pissed you off but dont forget that even happens on real bikes as well.

but the bars and plastics you cant say they broke because its a tdr it broke because you dropped it :p

and that frame is known to snap easy but hey if you get a cheap bike you cant expect to jump it.

yeah and that's a fair call too, i honestly didn't know what to expect. I just want to make sure that a newbie doesn't go down the TDR path if they don't know what they are in for.

that's it for me in this long ass thread

they can do what they like anyway! there just asking for our help! if they don't listen im sure they will learn from there mistake! ha ha if u have only got 400 bucks and wanna spend it on that have fun... but pleaseeee don't post threads here asking how to fix stuff:p

and can i just say i brought a few second hand bikes that were better quality then tdrs and i only paid like 400 bucks for them... if u are prepared to look on ebay stuff always under sells on there! then u can find out if u like the sport and then buy a good bike when u have saved for a while!

Look mate I only read till the forth page and I was over it... You have only three choices:

1) DHZ: DHZ MINI MOTO - Bikes . All bikes are great and coustomer service will beat TDR, Atomik, Lei and pitpro. Might be worth getting the D-PRO 125 or the outlaw 140

2) Pitpro: 2009 125cc RR PITPRO, DIRT BIKE THUMPSTAR PIT TRAIL - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Nov-09 17:43:28 AEDST)

No you actully only have two choices, atomik are just as bad as tdr

but maybe a braaap?

Braap are way out of his price range of $400... The nitrous is surposedly the same as a Pitpro...

I have heard that the only difference between them is the build of the frame, pit pro is ment to be a little bit better but nitrous is better alround....pretty much the same...

No way ,my mate has a pitpro 140 nitorus, my 140 which ios older by a year hasd better handling, speed (gets up to over 100 with me on the back) , jumping and overall performance.
His has many cracks and bends from where he has been doen jumps at my place:cool:

Yeah i could be wrong, its just what i have heard i dont actually know from experiance

bulldog it's not fair putting pitpro customer service in the same basket as atomik, motorbike city (the main pitpro distributor) are a very helpful bunch of blokes and have gone out of their way to help me in the past, my only issue is the spare parts prices. but they do care and will help you, unlike atomik.

time and time again

this same premis of "ough i just wanna muck around on it to see if i like it i dont wanna spend any money"

well honestly if you cant afford to buy a brand new honda crf450 and service and maintain it and take it to places to ride legally
THEN YOU CANT AFFORD TO HAVE A BIKE AT ALL!!!!

i mean
you spend $400 on a peice of junk china like the atomiks and tdr and all them scrap metal bikes it's not the last thing you fork out money for you've gotta think of running costs.
say you buy this bike and for some freak reason it lasts you 12 months

to run the thing for that 12 months you will spend
(numbers depending on how often you ride it i've gone off every fortnight for 4hrs a day)

fuel say $5/ride so per year thats $130
oil say a bi monthly oil change so that $100 per year
um the first thing you will break will be the bars so a set of pro tapers $80 + grips $20
then say you will need chain $60
airfilter $25 filter oil $15
whoops i dropped it coming into that corner cause i was drunk
new plastics $50 a because i'm cool metal mullisha sticker kit $50
say you go through 2 clutch levers in the year $30
ough woops i burst the china rubber clean off the rim new tyres $45 and tubes $15 + labour each?

dammit that big ass rock i hit out at broady has flat spotted both my rims fark new rims between $140-$500 (without tyres)
sweet my rims are here ha 14mm axles but i've only got 12mm ring ring Blah Blah Blah what they only make 14mm now so i cant get wheels for my cheap pos china.........kraps

so whats that make it about $760 on consumables for the year + the $400 for the bike then you'll need at least a helmet and gloves (if you dont wear one i have no sympathy for stupid) $120

now this doesn't account other things that are likely to break that are out of your control so you running costs could be well over a grand

so in 12months you have put near a grand it a bike worth 50 bux how do ya feel?

most people dont get why we ride and why we are happy to fork over big bux on a pitbike china or jap
as we are considered pond scum in the motocross world but hey it alot cheaper for me to race my pitbike than it was my crf i tell ya that right now...... and honestly when my lap time on the pitty are only 20secs behind a 250 i reckon it just as fun

i tell ya what you take that $1200 buy a pit pro xr150 or whateva you wont need new tires maybe bars but not straight away the rest will be alot more reliable and you will be better off.

huh like your gunna listen to me **** it

i just did this for my 150 (scary very scary)

bike cost $3300
i've spent $2300 in 12 months
broken down a bit there's a complete set of spare rims complete $440 top and bottom end rebuild cost me $500 and there a set of tapers there $150 just cause i didn't like the bend on the spp bars

it's probably more i reckon i've gone through a couple of chains 2 rear sprockets fork seals + bling
plus travel and entry fee's and a race license

and i've got 2 bikes i ride every chance i get

then my gear is worth about $1400 that's including $900 worth of knee braces

what on earth possessed me to do this i'm gunna go sit in the corner and cry then go for a ride why because i can i know every week when i go and kick over my bike she will start first pop well first fudududa and run all day without issue unless i cause it which is likely....

Whats all the manufactures of pit bikes? i think we need to list them all from best to worst. forget the price just say which bike is the best. Then make a separate list for after sales services and THEN list for best value for money! coz i have searched n there isn't a thread i could find like that!

the bike that is the best for me may be completely useless to you and price is always going to be a motivation when it comes to buying a bike

we have a references section on the forum it's full of good and bad from ebay sellers to shops

if you have some experiences post away

Whats all the manufactures of pit bikes? i think we need to list them all from best to worst. forget the price just say which bike is the best. Then make a separate list for after sales services and THEN list for best value for money! coz i have searched n there isn't a thread i could find like that!

the manufacture names of the bikes dont really come into it...
like take BSE for instance they manufacture most of the pit bikes on the market... you can buy 2 BSE bikes tht visually look the same but yet are about 500 difference in price because the dearer one will use quality parts and the other will have entry level rubbish..

im pretty sure DHZ in the past has used BSE and Xmotos to supply their bikes..

any ozzie retailer can sell the best quality pit bike, its just they choose to sell rubbish.

best way to see if the bike is rubbish is to try and brake down the costs of the parts on tht bike..
first being the wheels and engine, see what yr left with...

now take the TDR bike (cost prices)
engine say $200 (and thts if it aint some rebranded china no name engine)
wheels and tires say $80 for the pair
tht leaves $120 for the rest of the bike...... faaarrrrrkkkk theres quality there

time and time again

this same premis of "ough i just wanna muck around on it to see if i like it i dont wanna spend any money"

well honestly if you cant afford to buy a brand new honda crf450 and service and maintain it and take it to places to ride legally
THEN YOU CANT AFFORD TO HAVE A BIKE AT ALL!!!!

i mean
you spend $400 on a peice of junk china like the atomiks and tdr and all them scrap metal bikes it's not the last thing you fork out money for you've gotta think of running costs.
say you buy this bike and for some freak reason it lasts you 12 months

to run the thing for that 12 months you will spend
(numbers depending on how often you ride it i've gone off every fortnight for 4hrs a day)

fuel say $5/ride so per year thats $130
oil say a bi monthly oil change so that $100 per year
um the first thing you will break will be the bars so a set of pro tapers $80 + grips $20
then say you will need chain $60
airfilter $25 filter oil $15
whoops i dropped it coming into that corner cause i was drunk
new plastics $50 a because i'm cool metal mullisha sticker kit $50
say you go through 2 clutch levers in the year $30
ough woops i burst the china rubber clean off the rim new tyres $45 and tubes $15 + labour each?

dammit that big ass rock i hit out at broady has flat spotted both my rims fark new rims between $140-$500 (without tyres)
sweet my rims are here ha 14mm axles but i've only got 12mm ring ring Blah Blah Blah what they only make 14mm now so i cant get wheels for my cheap pos china.........kraps

so whats that make it about $760 on consumables for the year + the $400 for the bike then you'll need at least a helmet and gloves (if you dont wear one i have no sympathy for stupid) $120

now this doesn't account other things that are likely to break that are out of your control so you running costs could be well over a grand

so in 12months you have put near a grand it a bike worth 50 bux how do ya feel?

most people dont get why we ride and why we are happy to fork over big bux on a pitbike china or jap
as we are considered pond scum in the motocross world but hey it alot cheaper for me to race my pitbike than it was my crf i tell ya that right now...... and honestly when my lap time on the pitty are only 20secs behind a 250 i reckon it just as fun

i tell ya what you take that $1200 buy a pit pro xr150 or whateva you wont need new tires maybe bars but not straight away the rest will be alot more reliable and you will be better off.

huh like your gunna listen to me **** it

i just did this for my 150 (scary very scary)

bike cost $3300
i've spent $2300 in 12 months
broken down a bit there's a complete set of spare rims complete $440 top and bottom end rebuild cost me $500 and there a set of tapers there $150 just cause i didn't like the bend on the spp bars

it's probably more i reckon i've gone through a couple of chains 2 rear sprockets fork seals + bling
plus travel and entry fee's and a race license

and i've got 2 bikes i ride every chance i get

then my gear is worth about $1400 that's including $900 worth of knee braces

what on earth possessed me to do this i'm gunna go sit in the corner and cry then go for a ride why because i can i know every week when i go and kick over my bike she will start first pop well first fudududa and run all day without issue unless i cause it which is likely....

awww, see what happens when you buy a TDR or atomik??
Coolees cage gets rattled, and he has to flame you...

Epic tantrum mate, couldnt have said it better myself. :)

Latest posts

Back