J3NNINGS's z160 perimeter build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you tried putting your fuel tank on since connecting the cdi up, reason I ask is I fitted all my electrics thinking they were quite nice and in a good spot only to find the tank hitting them.

have you tried putting your fuel tank on since connecting the cdi up, reason I ask is I fitted all my electrics thinking they were quite nice and in a good spot only to find the tank hitting them.

yeah mate, i made sure the the cdi and electrics didnt interfere with the tank.

Yes that should fit, but I would try and get a pitster pro one as that one looks to be a little flimsy in the mounts, hard to tell. I put one on my build and if I had my time again I would get one of the ones with the "hand grabs" as I am always lifting my bike off it. I think T-bolt in US sells them pretty cheap.

i'll look into the subframe extention later on.

just an update.
got the megabomb look-a-like all welded up today. the welds are something left to be desired but there are no air leaks so im not complaining. got her all wraped up in some exhaust heat wrap and i reckon it looks schmick:thumbup:. ended up with a whole heap of fibre splinters in my fingers which doesnt feel all that great. just got to get an new set of plastics, graphics, and triple clamps. nearly done:grinning-smiley-003

just a pic of the wraped exhaust. i dont think my mate would apriciate me posting a pic of his crap welds lol. plastic zipties were used just so i could see how it was before using satinless zipties
DSC00058.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
You can also use hose clamps on the heat wrap, my brother didnt believe me that the plastic zips would melt if he didnt change them over, what a mess.

You can also use hose clamps on the heat wrap, my brother didnt believe me that the plastic zips would melt if he didnt change them over, what a mess.

i ended up using hose clamps as the stainless zipties were sh!t. i put the zorst on my old ducar 125 and started her up, it sounds pretty much the same before i modded it and has a nice deep exhaust note.

Hey did you use water to get a better fit.. For that rap.

You have to use water while dealing with heat rap as it has like fibre glass pieces in it and if it's not all wet you can breath the tiny pieces in. It's hurts for like a week to breath if you get enough of it in your lungs.

You have to use water while dealing with heat rap as it has like fibre glass pieces in it and if it's not all wet you can breath the tiny pieces in. It's hurts for like a week to breath if you get enough of it in your lungs.

yah, i only ask cos i did one with out using water, it was a pain in the ass got in hands all over the clothes. then the second time around i used water..

update:
put the forks and wheels on but the tiple clamps that are on the bike now are the old ones. going to buy a new set. i checked the valve clearences, droped the oil and put in some castrol active 4t and finally got her started. just got to tune the carb and it should be good as gold:grinning-smiley-003.

heres a few pics of how she stands now.
DSC00059.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00060.jpg
[/IMG]

Hay loooking nice... ummm how are you going to change ur oil with that bomb right over the dip stick..

What have you got around your shock? I have an old wetsuit I was going to cut the arm off of and use but if you have another option that would be great to know.

What have you got around your shock? I have an old wetsuit I was going to cut the arm off of and use but if you have another option that would be great to know.

I made some forks cover out off a wetsuit got my nanna:aetsch: to sewed in some velcrow they work ok..

How are you going with the cradle/pegs/rear brake pedal. I found this area to be one of the hardest on my build, throw in a bash plate and it really does get tricky for everything to line up nicely

Hay loooking nice... ummm how are you going to change ur oil with that bomb right over the dip stick..

yeah i have to take the header off to change to oil but that doesnt really bother me.

i got an old 12'' rear tube, cut a bit out of it, cut it in half then wraped it around the shock . its held there by zipties

How are you going with the cradle/pegs/rear brake pedal. I found this area to be one of the hardest on my build, throw in a bash plate and it really does get tricky for everything to line up nicely

i found it difficult to fit those things also in the past but i havent tried to fit the pegs, cradle and bash plate with the z160 in the frame. im still looking for a brake pedal :(

Latest posts

Back