J3NNINGS's z160 perimeter build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a steel pedal, heat bend and repeat till it works, I got an over the top to work out.

I used an oxy set to heat. I would say that an under would be easier but the over the top is well worth the trouble.

update:

i've been cought up in assingments and formal stuff at school so progress is slow. finally got around to ordering some triple clamps last week which arrived today. looks trick me thinks:thumbup:. only graphics, plastics and brakes to go.

DSC00062.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00063.jpg

hey all, been a while since i last posted an update. this is how she stands and i wont be adding anything else on for a while. all that needs to be done is rear brakes and graphics. ive been riding it around as is for a while (12hrs to be precise :)) and it goes hard. jetting is pretty much spot on but it is just slightly rich to be on the safe side. i might even have to sell/part it out soon as i want more coin to throw towards stuff for my 4x4. anyways, its been great fun building this beast and thanks to all the members that gave me great advice:action-smiley-035:.

heres some pics, its a bit dirty and a few bumps and scuffs but you get that from 12hrs ride time.

DSC00119.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00120.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00121.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00122.jpg
[/IMG]

Well done mate your an inspiration to my current build well done mate i love it so far
has gave me the buzz to hurry up and get my frame done a new colour

just a few pics of the bike with painted tappet covers, cam cover and pister pro logo on the flywheel cover.

DSC00125.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00126.jpg

Hey mate that's looking awesome

But my opinion is the red would look better if it was a candy or metallic red like the triple clamps

but hey that's 1 opinion out of the rest of the site.

Oh yeah is the paint you used on the covers heat proof?

Because ordinary paint wont last long on there.

Oh yeah is the paint you used on the covers heat proof?

Because ordinary paint wont last long on there.

yeah mate, i used high temp engine enamel. you would have to be a complete idiot to use normal paint lol

looks good mate where are the action pics

thanks mate, i mite get the helmet cam out for some riding vids. just waiting for this rain to clear up :(

today i spent the morning putting brakes on the bike. i got an under-footpeg brake pedal, did some cutting, grinding, welding and drilling and hey presto, and over-the- top brake pedal :). then i got my old twin piston brakes of my 125 atomik, wacked em on, bled them, hooked it up to my pedal and now ive got brilliant back brakes!:cool:. oh, and i bought a genuine bbr klx100 perimeter zorst for a steal too

heres some pics, pedal still needs paint tho.

100_0052.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0054.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
thats a real nice build mate. i reckon the red logos on the engine are pretty trick. props

thats a real nice build mate. i reckon the red logos on the engine are pretty trick. props

thanks mate, im goin to paint the logo on the clutch cover too when i get the chance.

so stoked that its nearly done:D:D:D just got to get graphics and wait for this zorst to turn up:D:D:D

i was thinking of gettin some custom graphics made up, does anyone know of a good company that makes custom graphics for klx110 plastics? if i cant, then i'll find something on ebay.

thanks mate, im goin to paint the logo on the clutch cover too when i get the chance.

so stoked that its nearly done:D:D:D just got to get graphics and wait for this zorst to turn up:D:D:D

i was thinking of gettin some custom graphics made up, does anyone know of a good company that makes custom graphics for klx110 plastics? if i cant, then i'll find something on ebay.

Personally I'd recommend Magik SC custom graphics. There one of best priced custom graphic kit makers and they specialize in pit bikes. Im getting some graphics made now and I have to admit there service is great.

Custom Motocross Graphics and Dirt Bike Accessories

Cheers Carlton

hey everyone, my zorst finally arrived!! there is a few scratches on the bbr stick but there are no dents so im very happy with it and got it for a steal too:thumbup:

brake pedal and pitster pro logo on the clutch cover have been painted. i reckon it looks pretty awesome. i found a sticker kit on magik sc that im keen on so i might get that sometime soon.

some pics of the new zorst and painted bits...
DSC00152.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00153.jpg
[/IMG]

aluminium perimeter frame from Fusion Power Products

what is there website and how much was this perimeter frame?

Latest posts

Back