KDX250 1984 2smoker!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have heard about a young cowboy going for his licence when my cousin got his,
the instructor tells everyone to ride their bike up and around the cones twice, then return and park where they started, one at a time etc.
this young lad, started his bike up, took off fast, got into 3rd before the cone, skidded around it, then popped a wheelie on the way back to his spot.
the instructor walked up to him, grabbed the keys from his bike, and asked him to leave immediately.
i would have loved to have seen that !

so the theory is easy too?

did you fix the exhaust leak at the header pipe ?
other than the little bits, sounds like you have the KDX all sussed now

Yeah they don't like it when you do that, lol. But the theory is straight forward no tests just sit and listen basically. I went when it was freezing cold and raining, not very fun. Had my hands on the engine most of the time to keep warm, should of bought gloves with me.

Exhaust is all seal up now and the chain adjuster is working now. Just trying to work out how to make it even shinier and stuff with out ruining the old clasic look and spending big bucks.

Cool thread man. Kinda makes me wanna start one myself to show the 2banga project I started today. Cool kwaka mate

Cool thread man. Kinda makes me wanna start one myself to show the 2banga project I started today. Cool kwaka mate. Oh I've found sometimes leaving the gas cap off can help stop the bubbling stickers

Thanks mate, For such an old bike it rides really well and goes damm fast especially with the six gears, its just the suspension that it lacks in a bit. what bike have you started?

Before racing minis years ago I was running with Queensland Vintage MX I used to race a Huski 500 2stroke. Then an IT 465 with YZ triple clamp and swingarm. Along the way I stumbled across an IT 125. The 175 was common as but this little gem was rare. I fully rebuilt the engine and gearbox and became what we affectionately named "Jeckle & Hide" such a tame and sweet little thing... Until you cracked your wrist open and turned into a freak wheel standing everywhere.

good to hear of another IT owner here karlos,
the 125's were very rare here,
the frames and swingarm were pretty much the same on the IT175's

Well, it is time to sell it..........:bigcry:

All the little bugs have been ironed out now, and it is running sweet.
Here's some final photo's.......
9432582559_90efcbaa39_z.jpg

9435357384_f83692b986_z.jpg

9435357168_8cb47cab58_z.jpg

9435358030_b162906ac3_z.jpg

9432582865_3d5d6520d9_z.jpg

9435357716_82fe58ffda_z.jpg

9432585667_5121bcd5ce_z.jpg

9435358742_f1d6221f11_z.jpg

Will be sad to see this go, I was thinking of keeping it but due to a car accident I'm in need of money:(

russ, thats no good with the accident, no one hurt ?

and selling the KDX ?
you havent even put up a video of you riding it yet?

i was going to tell you about a VMX ride day coming up later in the year, saturday 21st sept, Acusa Park

no one hurt thankfully, will get a vid up before it sells hopefully. and loco I wouldn't say it is cheap because of the amount of time spent on it, but I wouldn't say overpriced either.

Thanks guys, stickers have bubbled but I can push them out once a week and it looks ok. I think if there was some holes pre made it may not be so bad.

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Latest posts

Back