Kickstarter problems (125cc gpx)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long would this take since i haven't got a clutch tool and i will be going riding this weekend(sunday)?

Everytime i tell someone to use a screwdriver and a hammer it never works so forget i mentioned it lol, You may need a new clutch cover gasket if it tears and new oil. But also if you do find some damage i wouldnt ride the bike so if you really want to ride then put it off till after if you want to do a little gambling, even if you havent done this before your prob looking at an hour.

i undid my loctited clutch nut and flywheel nut with a screwdriver and hammer, should be no problem

Used to have a yx160 was a beast of an engine, and im thinking if its a broken tooth in the engine if i drain the oil and nothing comes out could that be there isnt a broken tooth and could be something else?
it wouldnt be anything else once you have it apart it will look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rApBBnR7cA&list=HL1364984099&feature=mh_lolz the video is not about kick starters but you see the two most likley busted gears

if you have one broken tooth and you find it your all good if you find one broken tooth +others then you have a problem lol but if somthing was wrong with the gearbox gears you would most certainly hear it

I need a tutorial video on how to do it, to make my life easier incase i wreck something arghhh

So your saying if one tooth is broken it will be fine to use and no need to replace or?

So your saying if one tooth is broken it will be fine to use and no need to replace or?

if one is... you could ignore it and just get the tooth out of the oil..

but there like 10 - 15 bucks a kick gear set so you mayaswell replace them

Put it up a few times cause different people will see it which gives different opinions plus im in a rush to get it fixed an find out the problem

thats not a good thing on forums, makes mods and admins mad sometimes..

anyway i think im safe to say alot of people who are on here alot just press "unread posts" and they will see the thread
i love the eagerness to get on riding tho :)

But wont replacing it be hard dont i have to take apart the engine then, im not really good with working on inside the engine

I know that the clutch cover gasket will get damaged and i wont be able to have one by sunday, would heating it up with a hair dryer work, and i was thinking of starting the engine letting it get warn then draining the oil and if no tooth peices come out then try open the cover and try see if there is a tooth somewhere or if i can see the kickstart gears without removing the clutch

thats not a good thing on forums, makes mods and admins mad sometimes..

anyway i think im safe to say alot of people who are on here alot just press "unread posts" and they will see the thread
i love the eagerness to get on riding tho :)

Correct fellas. Not much need to merge. You will sort it out soon enough. People are reading the thread. If you are very worried about it take it down to your local shop and change the kick starter gears. Good luck

I know that the clutch cover gasket will get damaged and i wont be able to have one by sunday, would heating it up with a hair dryer work, and i was thinking of starting the engine letting it get warn then draining the oil and if no tooth peices come out then try open the cover and try see if there is a tooth somewhere or if i can see the kickstart gears without removing the clutch

yeah, you should be right starting it the teeth if there are any broken sit on the bottom.. but if you jump the bike and stuff like that it is possible for the tooth to jump up into somthing and go ANOMNOMNOM on your dollars, hopes and dreams

i got a little off topic at the end there.. maybe its time to sleep

Cause on monday i went frankston and i cleared the main table top and the 2 other little jumps it was alright

Merged the threads. One thread per topic just makes peoples life easier and prevents this place from getting clogged up.

In future if you have a question and the "search" button doesn't satisfy post up a question thread in the appropriate section and bump every couple of days. People are here to help and will jump on it.

Merged the threads. One thread per topic just makes peoples life easier and prevents this place from getting clogged up.

In future if you have a question and the "search" button doesn't satisfy post up a question thread in the appropriate section and bump every couple of days. People are here to help and will jump on it.

Thanks, will do next time!

Correct fellas. Not much need to merge. You will sort it out soon enough. People are reading the thread. If you are very worried about it take it down to your local shop and change the kick starter gears. Good luck

My local shop is in the proceedure of moving to another factory thats why there is a 4 week delay cant take it to them

Latest posts

Back