Kickstarter problems (125cc gpx)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I was same. Found the problem. Gear at the back of the clutch basket had two worn teeth...

is it similar to the gpx125 and have you got pics of it of your worn teeth?

Yep this is it.

2A5853A8-710C-4C11-9EE4-1A3C89002EBC-1558-0000024B01B33133.jpg

You reckon that would be the same part as mine and you reckon you could take some pics of when your putting it back on?

It could be the same. Once you have the clutch off you will be able to see the problem very easily.

Finally recieved the clutch tool in the mail from dhz, took off he clutch now heres a pic, no signs of broken or damaged tooth what should i be looking at in there now?
image.jpg

Have a look on the back of the clutch but you may also need to take that side case off. It's a few bolts to get it off so you can see closer to the kickstarter

Would i need new gaskets if i take the side case off, and when i get it off ll take another pic and post it

Only if you rip the gasket. I had no trouble just be very careful

Can i take the side casing off without taking the engine off or would it be easier or?

Taken the sidecase off, now what should i be focusing on cause i cant really see any damaged tooth
image.jpg

Mmmm well what does the clutch look like? Does it have any gears on it or behind it?

Not too sure mate. It's a different setup to my engine(160ho) so I'm not sure if anyone else has any ideas.

My only other thought is if you have gears behind the spring plate on your kickstarter?

Pretty sure there is but not sure if i can get the spring off first

I think you'll find the gear is inside the cases. Put the kicker on the shaft and push it down and see if you still get the grind/noise your talking about while you have the clutch off. If you do still get the noise/grind it will be the gear on the end of the kick start shaft shaft inside the cases. I reckon thats what it is, heres a pic of a kickstart shaft with the gear i'm talking about(its a honda 50 in the pic but thats what the chinese copied when they started making pitty engines).The gear on the end of the shaft turns one of the gearbox gears.

Edit: If you wanna get that spring off you need to take the circlip on the shaft off and then the spring and the block/retainer slides up the shaft(its splined).

Last edited:
Yeah it dosent make a noize when i spin the kickstarter shaft when the clutch is off so i reckon i have the same problem

Is it in neutral at the moment? Try spinning the kickstart shaft in every gear(N1234) repeatedly to see if its one certain gear. Still no noise, put on the clutch and try all again

Taking the engine apart atm, here is a few pics of what im upto
548388_10201009443177796_2051957376_n.jpg482684_10201009453818062_2049500131_n.jpg44840_10201009467458403_1354884153_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back