LXR Anima 190FDX Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a bit more done tonight ....

Seat is trimmed and on , PWK 33 on and tomorrow im going to put on the yz 85 front brake setup :)

Looking very nice, almost too good to get dirty!:hail:

Got my new pro circuit pipe today bad news is its no where near close to fitting at all which sucks ...

Good news is i got in touch with an old mate of mine Craig from Variflow custom exhausts tonight this bloke is the bomb with custom stuff id even go as far as saying the best bloke in the south coast .... so tomorrow im heading over to his workshop with a few beers and he will be getting it all sorted out for me .

If anyone needs work done ... custom anything in any metal Craig is the man heres his facebook page check out his work : https://www.facebook.com/variflo.exhausts

Damn it's looking good man the seat looks schmick as. How doesn't the pipe fit mate I thought it was made for it, is it the wrong bend for the port or it doesn't fit the frame?
Best on south coast is a big call bud but it looks like he's got some tig skills from his facebook work, anyways can't wait to see it on there mate have you got a pic of the pipe in the mean time.

Forgot to mention I got the lines today mate, I'm working most of the weekend but hopefully get some time to throw the together and put them on, thanks again for all your help with it.

Cheers mate the pipe bend at the head is way off and doesn't even clear the bash plate and even if it did the angle is whacked out big time . Looks like the actual bends are not too bad but ill see how it goes I dont care for a million dollar job but knowing Craig it will be very nice ..

Its a big call but ill say he's up there with the best I've seen a lot of very high dollar cars go through his workshop with outstanding results and i stand by that claim . He does insane custom metal fab when it comes to exhausts and manifolds .

It's always the way hey nothing ever fits or is easy is it but in the end that's part of the enjoyment of it all I reckon.
The bike deserves one of the best working on it anyways I wouldn't settle for anything less haha.
Come on lad piccies of this pipe, I'm a sucker from a nice phat pipe ( nothing suss ).

Ha ha here you go mate its ready to be chopped up and re-designed

It actually steps up in size 3 times which is great for low mid and top power delivery

Yeah it will be done next weekend I think the easiest way to get it sorted is to make up a hybrid pipe out of the old and new pipes

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

Nice mate, that's exactly what I had to do as we actually fecked up the bend on the yoshi trying to heat and bend it to the head it deformed the pipe and I wasn't happy with it so we cut the yoshi at the point where it starts to just go straight, took the heavier yoshi flange off, cut the stock one off and slid it on the stock header and mated it with the yoshi where the resonator is. I used a die grinder to smooth out and polish the stock header to be as smooth as the yoshi header.
If you can mate ( if you want to ) I'd be shortening the thing up if possible to try and make it sit tighter against the bike as in end before the subframe, last thing you wanna do is rip the muffler off or bury it into the ground if stacking. All the pro circuits I've seen seem to stick out to far for my liking.
But I'm sure what ever you guys do it will be awesome.

Last edited:
Yeah Brendo thats exactly what me and Craig decided on ....

Although after a bit of a measure and a bit more thought i was thinking to cut the pro circuit up where the pipe straightens up out of the last bend as thats where the two parts off both pipes are around the same diameter down further its a big difference between the two.

Another plus is the header off of the original pipe has a larger id all the way up to that point as well so overall larger pipe .. plus i like the way the original header bends up to that point .. what do you reckon Brendo ??

I've attached two images where i propose to cut them :

Last edited:
At the first weld is that not the same thickness as where you marked it?
I'd be trying to keep as much pro circuit pipe as possible but in saying that if you cut it a tad further, more on the horizontal part of where you marked it, it would allow you to be able to shorten it up wouldn't it.
I found that when I cut it I was able to spin the header section separately backwards then tack weld the rest to it, that opened up a bit more room to get to the carb to change idle without burning yourself but might close up the gap where your oil cap is. I hope that made sense.
You might be able to tell from this pic that the pipe is more sloping back.
ave8epa7.jpg

Yep i know exactly what your saying .... Its a little larger where i marked it ts hard to see in the pic I might see if i can take it from the first weld on the pc closer to the header but the pipe diameter down that far isn't as big as the stock header thats why i thought to cut up a bit higher to keep the pipe as large as possible the pc pipe opens up more the further along it gets ... i might run into dramas cutting it that far down the pipe dia might be too different but I'm sure Craig can sort that out anyway

How large is yours at it smallest point ?? would you mind measuring it for me if you get a chance bud ?? cheers

Last edited:
Yeah no worries mate ill try to get a measurement for you, from memory the yoshi header is smaller then the stock pipe but opens up to be pretty huge. Guys on planet minis are running it on klx195s so I'm not concerned about the header size because it obviously works for them. The pipes given it a puncher down low feel IMO but I'm yet to open it right up and see how it goes up top. But yeah you'd want to try and not go down after the the header so if you cut it further up Craig should be able to reduce the pro circuit to join the stock perfectly, that's what I had to do twice at either end of the resonator and if I can do it I'm sure he would, providing he can do smaller stuff but if he does manifolds I'm sure he can.
I found some pics that Roy sent to me when I was deciding what way to go, the klx bend I think from memory is about 2mm bigger at header then the crf50 style thats in the pics I'm not a hundred percent sure but its the same at the muffler end.
9ajeteju.jpg

amu9a4y9.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back