Lxr Build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rims look good woggy..

shame about the hubs tho..

hey have ya thought about painting them in 2k.. something really different like cameleon or some special effect orange or gold..
as long as the hubs are bead blasted and etched the paint will last foreva..

Yer i was thinking using the metalcast paint , as they have a anodized looking gold .. i really reckon gold hubs would suit this thing perfectly .

But yer everywhere i have looked they have like 3 colours of it never have the gold . . could order it in suppose.

hmmmmmm im msg'n pitster again :mad:!

That metal cast shit is pretty good bro.. I have used it on some things, never chipped, and all i did was spray over top, no priming.. haha

That metal cast shit is pretty good bro.. I have used it on some things, never chipped, and all i did was spray over top, no priming.. haha

lol , it kinda needs the primer for the paint to do its effect .

Yer i used the shit years ago on my 50 frame , turned out awesome still chipped a little but , on hubs it should hold up fine i reckon..

well i msg'd dude again so we will see what happens.. at this rate it will take another month to get the hubs and that here............ hmmm

so u just put kx 64 excels on it

"Ktm" 65 , bolted straight onto stock spokes. *edit no they didnt , to short ,dont try it if you want to keep your rims intact and your life ;)*

There not finished yet , i just got told of a joint that specialize in spoked wheels not to far from me , they do all anodizing powder coating truing etc

So ive just told pitster to send me the bare hubs and spokes , and im gonna get them done , they have some good looking pictures on there site to

Yellow hubs
Black rims
Black spokes
Yellow nipples :rolleyes:

maybe.

Last edited:
"Ktm" 65 , bolted straight onto stock spokes.

There not finished yet , i just got told of a joint that specialize in spoked wheels not to far from me , they do all anodizing powder coating truing etc

So ive just told pitster to send me the bare hubs and spokes , and im gonna get them done , they have some good looking pictures on there site to

Yellow hubs
Black rims
Black spokes
Yellow nipples :rolleyes:

maybe.

i wonder here you got the black spokes and coloured nipples idea from :rolleyes:

i reckon if you went ktm orange istead of the yellow it would be soo hot you would cream evey time you looked at it :D and you can get orange chains somwhere too

oh k cos i remember saying it would be mad to do ages ago in the chatbox then i found pics somewhere of some fmx rider that had black rims red nipples black spokes and red hubs

Black hubs and coloured spokes looks nice and cleannn hmm so many choices.

STR's wheel.
OrangespokesonKevinBoschsbike2.jpg

bad shop
yellowspokes.jpg

Last edited:
as cool as coloured spokes look i dont think i would really go them after having them on my bmx, the paint got scratched a bit from installing them, then a rock or stick hits them and some more paint comes off

but they look hectic on day 1 and ok later on so if i was getting coloured spokes it would only be black and i dunno bout you but i find it hard tryng to get your spokes clean as on the rear wheel cos there is a brake disc and sprocket on either side

but thats just my opinion

Wogtaz

To use the Excel rims on the LXR hubs you need spokes longer than stock. DO NOT RUN THEM WITH THE STOCK SPOKES LACED UP!!! I laced mine up the first time and realized they were to short to be safe.

I had a company called Buchanan's Spoke & Rim, Inc make me a set of 9 gauge(1 size up from stock) longer spokes for the front and rear and they fit perfect now! You will also need to buy new nipples. Costs around $160 american plus shipping.

Last edited:
OUCH...

I made sure with "matified" that they will bolt straight to stock spokes hmmmm

yours where ktm65 rims?

OUCH...

I made sure with "matified" that they will bolt straight to stock spokes hmmmm

yours where ktm65 rims?

Mattified doesn't have a ****in' clue what you need, he lies all the time about that shit! You see any LXR pictures from Pitster with Excel wheels? NO!.............See my point?

Write down my measurments because I am going to delete them from my last post. There is no need for me to be giving free info to those idiots over at PP USA.:cool:

LOL yer thats what i was getting at.... thats a bummer , im tightening them up now , see what happens :(...

Latest posts

Back