Lxr Build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mount by the cut-away section will need mods, for sure. Best to install the others tight, then futz with that one. Maybe I should have suggested that BEFORE you tried? I'm not certain I'd even run the left side plate on that top mount. With a cradle and 2-1/2 mounts, even that unruly bastid shouldn't escape;)

PE28 is a lot narrower at the bowl, and will run better, if you have one around.

Yer i havnt got the rear mount on , and dont think i will , and i only have to peg mounts on , because i have to drill the bashplate lol , so ill keep it on for now , its tight but it should work

Just need to sort the wiring abit more and it should be a goer , tomorrow.

Got a week and a half, best quit dickin around on the 'net and toss some bolts at the beast;)

hey woggy any chance of you bringing that trick bit of gear down to to Newy in December to race the high roller nationals ?
Im real keen to see this thing in action :)

hey woggy any chance of you bringing that trick bit of gear down to to Newy in December to race the high roller nationals ?
Im real keen to see this thing in action :)

Quite possible if i get a person or two to tag along with .

Not that the rider will be anything special in action tho lol...

What exactly has to be earthed with the klx wiring ?? theres a earth wire/o'ring thing and the coil , is that it ? whats this rectifier looking thing do lol...

i have a sik110 bumpstart thing so thats earthed out (plus tried the stock setup to) , sanded the shit out of the frame and got the earth wire good and the rectifier thing .. and still nothing , not even the tiniest spark .. getting confused

Have to ground it from the harness end not the bump start end , and its the lighter green wire .

looks sexy!!!!!!!!!!! Now I want a klx engine.

Got it going , so damn happy ! lol , the mechanic was stumped , checked everything over. then got lucky and tried putting the kill switch wires together and she worked lol... it had a button style killswitch so you had to of held it down and kicked to get spark ... but it seems the killswitch was abit faulty to lol.... strange that the wiring is backwards tho ? i have to run a on/off switch and off will be on..

Well here it is finished just about ... no grips tho tho :)

Still have suspension to do it on tho hmm...

76731_467603871940_779426940_5380838_3737123_n.jpg

149093_467604031940_779426940_5380841_4777730_n.jpg

154611_467604086940_779426940_5380842_4249230_n.jpg

76400_467604211940_779426940_5380844_4532378_n.jpg

klxr11.jpg

klxr15.jpg

Last edited:
Well done, Sir! The decomp make kicking reasonable? Exhaust note a bit deeper and crisper than the old slug? Looks good enough that I better send you some FPM "Super Hero" stickers:)

Latest posts

Back