Mini Motard-OFFICIAL THREAD

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya betta be! SLAKA! *poke*
hondanbend.jpg

hondastraight.jpg

hondashoe.jpg

fuzmoto.jpg

Last edited:
motoleft1.jpg

motoshoe.jpg

motosweep.jpg

Due to bad lighing these are the best i could do..
more to come saturday and sunday!
Big Thanks again to those who allowed me to photograph you while riding and letting Shadoo and myself onto the track, was great to meet you all, and We will be attending again!
Foolsp33d :D

hey all.live in newcastle nsw just brought a pit pro 125 and love the idea of going motard.does any one know where i get motard tyres and rims and if there are any ride days,races in n.s.w.cheers

Nice pics Foolsp33d!

all this Motard talk has me wanting to go down the track!!!
shame i still have 1 year & 9 months till i can drive there..

motard in nsw

hi all do you know of any mini motard in nsw and where do i get tyres.cheers

hi all do you know of any mini motard in nsw and where do i get tyres.cheers

last i heard they use to race every tuesday night! i'll check it out and post up.

as 4 tyres any Motorcycle tyre dealer will have them or will be able to get them in 4 u

If you've got a pit pro, you'll have 12 and 14. cheapest way is to get a 12" and 14" set of scooter tires. Once you get serious, you'll want 12" front and rear. this will take a bit of mucking around but then you'll hve a good motard setup.

then you have gearing, suspension, brakes, engine etc.etc. Just goes on and on as far as you want to take it. But a good pit bike with good wheels and tires will be a very fun and cheap proposition.

My PitPro125RR was 450 2nd hand and to change the tires over chould have been as cheap as 150 odd bucks, but I bought a 2nd rim for the front and very good tires for it and in the end it'll be about 750 all up.

good enough for 3rd place at the last motard class race in the MMMCI :)

Oh, as for where to get them, just go to most good motorcycle shops. Take your wheels off the bike, take them down there and get them to change the tires over to scooter tires. they are pretty easy to get. I'd get the cheapest set of non chinese tires to begin with and if you like it, go the full 12" front and good soft sticky race rubber.

cheers mate.i do a few track days at easterncreek with my cbr900 but i,ve got a couple of kids now and i,m looking for something that i can involve the boys in and still have a bit of fun myself.i,m thinking of buying a 140 pit pro as well.do you know if there is a class for them or is it just all in regardless of capacity.cheers

the class in the MMMCI is "chinese 125cc engines" and 12" inch rims. They do however allow 14" fronts, which is probably a dissadvantage anyway. that's for seniors.

Juniors run 110cc. Go to the MMMCI website and have al ook.

As far as I know, 140cc is definitely out. But then again, who knows what everyone is running. I'm sure some of them have 150cc bored out 125's with all the mods possible.

It's great fun and the ride days that the VPBA run are a great family environment. there is a family of 4 who go, mum, dad and two boys and they ALL ride! Great fun. I'm taking my daughter to south morang this weekend on sat arvo to give her a go on her Pit Pro 110 with scooter tires to see if she likes it.

hope that helps

motoleft1.jpg

Foolsp33d :D

Here's my 1 of my Motard/street bikes (I'll get a pic of the AGB-29 & KX250 soon)
crfwo5.png

The lil CRF50 with 88kit , it's small & can out corner the bigger 110's & 125's easy as, if i put the 125 motor in it, it would be a Force on the track,

P.s Yes, the pegs & bar come off for racing

Last edited:
Hey foolspeed33d.It would be a great idea to run 138/140cc or open class Mini Motard racing as well as the current class I think.Just look at how many 140cc bikes are being sold now,more Bikes on the track= more exposure for Pit bike racing !!!

Or is the insurance an issue ie Capacity of bike not exceeding 125cc

I don't think it's insurance. Just trying to keep the costs down. As for a CRF50 etc. they are the best bike but would need work on suspension brakes etc. and a decent 125cc engine. this setup would be the fastest as quite simply, it's the lightest.

I'd go that if I didn't want a dirt bike as well.. build up a pit pro 50 with a 125 engine, decent forks and shock, tires, brakes etc. Darryl at "The Track" in south morang has this and it's very fast. He just crashes too much, but it should be the best setup by far.

thanks for all your help mate.i know you guys in melbourne are keen but i cant find any information on mini motard racing in nsw can any one help me.cheers

Hey guys,

I've just made you all a new forum for talking about Mini motards. Check it out under mini chat.

Hope you like it... I'll move this thread into there too.

Rob

I should have noticed how popular this was getting earlier!

Hi All,
I run the website http://www.vsmr.net specific to full sized Supermotards.

I am also involved in the push to get mini motards on the track at GPTC in South Morang on Melbournes outskirts.
Braxton Laine the Owner of GPTC is assisting in every effort to make this happen, and although the 50's Compound there gets a good workout on the weekends, It would be good to see some more 'pitties' set up with scooter tyres and come out for the track days every Saturday from 10AM.

As soon as numbers pick up Racing starts... :twisted:

Is there many riders out there currently with mini motards that would take advantage of this open practice track access?
If so, See you at GPTC this Saturday... 8)

i just signed up to the site under

petersteelefreestyle

Latest posts

Back