Minifighter Motard Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey wayne the other day you said you wanted a 140 to be all like 'BANG!' and amaze everyone and be different, well...
.. i was thinking today and you could try a yoshie carb and see what you can get out of that?
and then yes, ill say it again, a 5 speed gear box!
have fun thinking :D

Hey Wayne have you thought about how high this is going to sit? I am no motard expert nor have I ever ridden on tarmac but I have read its all about getting the bike as low as possible and it looks like you are using the 730mm forks and now have ordered a 290mm shock? Both of which are the longer options.

Hope it all turns out nicely just thought I would bring this up as it seems to be quite important.

Having your bike as low as possible is not always a good thing. Your pegs will scrap. It should be an awesome bike once you're finished.

Are they the 3.0/3.5 rims from DHZ?

I'll be interested to see how the rubber ends up on them, hopefully with a 120/? on them they don't flatten out to badly :)

Hey all.....thanks for the replies!

Fused...I bought a 290mm shock to replace the 300/305 mm STD shock in the hopes it would lower it a touch (can't complain as it is a mid size) and I WILL be dropping the forks through the triples to compensate but as most know a new front end is not far away. It's not really about how low you can get it, most full size tards are no lower than factory.

Also FYI I'm in talks ATM with FPM regarding an engine...I'll keep youse posted :-D

After finally getting home today, i was pleasantly surprised to see a BIG package for me from China, being buggered i had a "quick" fiddle in the shed and took some happy snaps. Everything i got i was really happy with the quality only thing i picked out was a slightly bent outlet on the oil cooler...other than that all is good.

So a quick fiddle turned into an hour....lol. Im happy with the parts but as most custom builds/parts there will be some further work required to get it all working.

Im not hooking the cooler up until i get another engine.

i will need a throttle cable to suit as the one i currently have is almost open wide up just to fit to the throttle tube.

the swinger is going to need a new shorter length pivot bolt, and the chain adjusters need to be modified a little as they are a really tight fit on the axle, also need to get the shitty gold colour off the lower shock mount....other than that all seems good. Once i get everything mocked up or even sorted a bit better i will be raising the forks up through the triples a little (10-15mm) to level it out BUT will wait till its rolling again before i do it.

i still need to sort out rear wheel spacers..

ok so my main prob at the moment is the clearance between the rear shock resi and the can?
How much heat can these take before there performance is affected? currently as it sits there is around 5-6mm between them.

Ok enough blabbin....time for pics :D Hope you like...

DSCF0711.jpg

DSCF0712.jpg

DSCF0717.jpg

DSCF0714.jpg

DSCF0715.jpg

im ssooo jealous right not of that swinga... looks pretty sick evern with out any tyres!!

wat did u mean by the clearence between the shock resev and the can...

from the pics it looks pretty normal to me

Looks good, I wouldn't lower it at all.. It looks pretty low at the moment.. You need your axles to sit lower than your foot pegs.. That's the best way to tell..

What size swingarm bolt are you chasing? I have a high tensile one, 10mm If your interested.

Looks good, I wouldn't lower it at all.. It looks pretty low at the moment.. You need your axles to sit lower than your foot pegs.. That's the best way to tell..

Not lower more like level the front with the back...or get it a little closer.

the exhaust and the shock res should be fine.. most jap bikes run them pretty close and it has no effect..

is that rear shock the same length as the factory one? factory one looks around 300mm or so

it looks really weird and out of geometry.. hopefully you can correct it enough with the fork height..

the exhaust and the shock res should be fine.. most jap bikes run them pretty close and it has no effect..

is that rear shock the same length as the factory one? factory one looks around 300mm or so

it looks really weird and out of geometry.. hopefully you can correct it enough with the fork height..

hey Sean...the shock i took off was 305mm (weird size i know?) so yeah as i mentioned before once theres rubber on it, ill see how it sits, and raise the forks as needed..

oh, and

Thanks Tim :D

best motard build iv ever seen :p are you doing any engine mods?

Latest posts

Back