Motard Ride Day 12th Sept

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that really sucks! but never mind heaps of time to sort new venue, i'm trying to finnish my second vert in time with dirt setup so i can ride every track i can :)

so warrnambool will still be on the 12th??

Yeah rach,

On the 12th is SWMMC club day teams racing.

However, the RX can't be used as it is on a proper racing track and it will have to pass scrutineering.

I have already rung a few other places and they have all said the same thing "We only allow our hire karts on the track" and that is why we needed South Morang, but I'm just done dealing with them. They need a wake-up call from the bank manager cancelling thier line of credit so that they will begin to be nice to customers again and welcome anyone who wants to ride or drive.

WE will have to start plans of forming an MV and MA affiliated body so we can get insurance and licences to enable us to approach some of the private or club Kart tracks that have AKA approval.

I'm just so deflated by being turned away everywhere we go to ride, but Warrnambool is fast and flowing and a great chance to test the full potential of the new head and see how much slower I am than Pete. :driver: just sux its 3 hours from Melbourne.

Why can't I ride the rx there? What do I need to do? I thought nothing would be harder then ADR and Vicroads to get approved so if a track wants more I am pretty surprised! Like oil catch cans and shit are no issue. But what else?

Warrnambool is the Black stuff Pete, and fast too, check out this Warrnambool Track Location and zoom in to take a look at the track, its poor quality but it will give you some idea of what its like.

Rach, ADR rules are hard to meet, but racing is a lil different, you will have to remove everything the that makes the bike road legal. Like blinkers, lights, number plates, batteries, mirrors. Its just not worth stripping everything and then adding things to get it track ready, then doing it all over again, provided you don't throw it down the road.

But...... I know of someone that may have a spare bike that may let you borrow for the day.

I have one more place I'd like to ring in the morning before I give up completly and start taking names for a spot in the trailer to Warrnambool.

One thing with travelling down there, is that it is racing and as such will require an MA licence, which comes at a cost. Expect the track fees to be about $75

Can't I just put my motard tyres on one of my other bikes then? lol

Yep! I forgot your a lucky one with a hand full of bikes.
Be nice to see how the 175 goes with tard tyres on.
Its supposed to be 160cc max but shhhhh, If anyone asks, its a 160.:angel:

I feel your pain Dave. i will most likely be in for going to warrnambool. i believe my bike might be ready by then but if not ill find another to use or come and be the pit crew.

by the look of the pocket bike seen and some of the guys on the pocket bike forum, they would be good to talk to about all that MA stuff.

We'll have to see who is coming and then work out the best way to transport everyone.

Dave i wonder how on the ball they are going to be with these bike checks anyway. it was pretty casual on the practice day. and if the organisers are going to be riding the motards they had a play on last time, anything could comply that.

there is bloody nothing but cows surrounding the track so i imagine noise wont be an issue, and you have catch cans and stuff already on your bike so you will be fine.

They have never checked noise and some of the pockets are ear shattering loud, so you wont have a problem.
HAve catch can's on your bike, whether they work or not is another story and doesn't really matter, I poke my hoses into a can, then pull them out when riding so the engine breathes correctly.
Biggest thing tho, is bar end plugs. they are a must. I don't run slidders and haven't been stopped yet. Make sure wheel bearings and head stem arn't very sloppy. If you can do those things, you wont have a problem at all.

Sounds like I have a little prep to do now... I'll need to sort myself some catch cans and bar ends (sliders = chopping boards ;)).

Bagsies 1 spot on the trailer if that's cool :D

***excited***

Me too.

Okay the plan as mapped out below.

Warrnambool............. 12th Sept.
Let me know, if you want to go. I can take 4 bikes on my normal trailer, and anything past that, will either require someone else to have trailer or I need to get the big trailer re-registered.

We also have a chioce of going down the night before and camping or motel.

Sam... You coming?
Rach... You up for a ride on some tar? Need a hand swapping tyres onto the cini?
Pete... I'llPM you with my number and I'll take you the last part to Warrnambool
Jim... You still coming? Pm with a yay or nay and we will work it out from there.
Dave... We're organised!

Anyone else, reply to the thread or PM me and We will organise it, might even be able to get a bike under you also if you don;t have one.

Just a reminder though, it is racing.

$25 track entry.
$45 MA licence.
+ some fuel to get down there. about $30

Expect to do about 80 - 100 laps total, with 40 laps of racing.

I don't reckon I will ride as I can't really be bothered with swapping parts off the rx as it's just getting to good weather and I'd rather have the rx going and cruising down the street :)

But I am going to come watch for sure and get some pictures :)

Sweeeeeeet!

Rach, time for a spoonful of concrete and swapping some wheels!

...I'll volunteer some time to help you de-vert and revert the 'Vert ;)

Thanks for the offer man.

Keeping my dirt bikes as DIRT bikes :) Not keen on taking things off the rx either.

Latest posts

Back