Motovert RX

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im going to guess its a spring loaded sidestand that whacks you in the shins if your not ready for it to spring up when the weight is taken off it as you 'wheel' the bike...

So i got me motovert RX second hand 1600 delivered with a few things wrong.
has 449Kms on the odometer.
left side blinker didnt work.
Rear brakes dont work.
Didn't have mirrors.

It went alright stock but its restricted alot -> new muff and big head should remove this.
Was running really lean back firing alot and getting hot->raised the needle on the carby.

changed the oil was nice and black.

Modifications:

Red Dress up kit.
32mm-> 45mm Exhaust System
Five0 Seat cover.
Race CDI.

On Order/future mods:

146cc Bore Kit
2x 6.7mm High Lift Cam (they sent me 2? paid for 1!)
HD Valve Springs
Ported Lifan Big Valve Head (27/23) 2.58cm2 bigger or 35%
Chrome Blinkers
Fast 50 graphics
Chrome Plastics
Bigger carby
K&n air filter

any feedback?

How do you find the new exhaust I wanna change the header at least to void the prob of dipstick position but dont wanna make it silly loud, even though harleys aint quite!

Is yours 125 or 140...

im going to guess its a spring loaded sidestand that whacks you in the shins if your not ready for it to spring up when the weight is taken off it as you 'wheel' the bike...

Thats correct but its really savage i prefer having to put stand up myself as oppossed to one with a mind of its own...

You dont even have to wheel even shifting the weight slightly will send the stand skyward!

How do you find the new exhaust I wanna change the header at least to void the prob of dipstick position but dont wanna make it silly loud, even though harleys aint quite!

Is yours 125 or 140...

the new zorst is nice and loud i love it.
its a 146cc now.

dabomb,, how much were all of the mods??? and how much for each of them??

nice rx btw,, post up newer pics?

didnt do all the mods on the list! but:

146cc Bore Kit = $100
6.7mm High Lift Cam $90
HD Valve Springs $30
Ported Lifan Big Valve Head (27/23) 2.58cm2 bigger or 35% $180 from fused minis (crap port job sorry but hey the bikes still running :p)
Chrome Blinkers $30
Chrome Plastics $40

tt92rx1.jpg

tt92rx2.jpg

MotovertSanta5.jpg

As soon as you take any weight off side stand it flicks up really quick and hard smashing anyone standing to close in the shin. Also annoying if your working on bike not on stand and you bump and stand flies up and bike falls over if you cant grab it quick enough...

that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard, if you take a little bit of weight off the stand or bump the bike, the stand retracts and the bike falls over scratching and denting everything up! not too smart.

Some of the older Ducati stands were like that. It was to prevent riding off with your side stand down & causing on accident at the first left turn. Most modern bikes have a side stand switch that cuts out the engine if the bike is put in gear with the stand down. Some bikes won't even start in neutral with the stand down. A pain for warming the engine up.

that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard, if you take a little bit of weight off the stand or bump the bike, the stand retracts and the bike falls over scratching and denting everything up! not too smart.

You didnt have this problem with your stand? I agree it is stupid! Good if you wanna hurt your friends though hahah

You didnt have this problem with your stand? I agree it is stupid! Good if you wanna hurt your friends though hahah

i did, i bought a stand/foot peg assembly off DHZ and tweaked the spring so it either locked down or locked up.
those stands are not that powerful anyway to cause a significant injury either, there just a bad design full stop.

Some of the older Ducati stands were like that. It was to prevent riding off with your side stand down & causing on accident at the first left turn. Most modern bikes have a side stand switch that cuts out the engine if the bike is put in gear with the stand down. Some bikes won't even start in neutral with the stand down. A pain for warming the engine up.

and guess what part ive decided is making my 650 cut out whenever i give it the gas? well, sometimes... does freak the oldies out when first you gun it, then second, do about five backfires as the ignition cuts out, then cuts in, then out, then in, then out.... also impressive when you pop wheelies at the lights....

usually its ok...its just at that crucial moment you need that extra power that it decides to do it..... ie, with oncoming traffic...

but when it finally died altogether the other day(rush hour, and in the centre lane of course) then started fine with the stand down, but cut out as soon as i kicked it up.... i knew it was tha switch that cops a lot of water and grit and very little TLC.....

my pissa shitty yamoto had the "safety' switch that prevented 'on stand warm ups'....cure....remove the goddamn wiring to the switch:) that really sux.... not being able to start a bike with the stand down at all....:mad:

but when they spring up of their own accord? screw that for a joke...if it doesnt lock down, its just stupid....first thing you should learn...lift the stand up when taking off...

Looking good Dabomb , I knew you'd sort it ..... are ya happy with the deal ?

haha thanks bruz, yeah very happy! u will have to show timmy what ive done to it :p

yeah I'll show him next time I see him he'll be stoked .... but probably won't understand ... he's a dj it's all about chicks with disco biscuits as far as he's concerned:D

Latest posts

Back