Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job with the brakes! And the rim looks good too.

thanks,
it is Export Gold, although it looks a bit more Copperish in real life.
i gave it a coat of silver caliper paint as a base, then 2 light coats of gold, and a coat of clear engine enamel to seal it all off.

01675-aus-export-paint-interior-exterior-250g-gold-0-12.jpg

Last edited:
looking good, nice colour choice, all ready for next week...

Yeah hopefully the scooter brakes work well lol...nah they're true twin piston...so they'll stop it well!!! Not that I should talk with my lack of finished bikes...I'll bring the foxico down tomorrow unless you're not there Craig. I will...need to sort this exhaust out so I've got a complete bike at least!

its exactly the same shape as the Kawasaki KLR650 one
and the Honda XR600/650 calipers

brake1.jpg

$(KGrHqV,!hcE7VK6Dh9NBPBn3ZBf5Q~~60_57.JPG

can you get fake twin piston calipers ?

I was looking at the same brakes as an option to fit my stupid 52mm gpx forks, because they looked good!!

....pretty sure you can get anything fake you like from China...but yeah...fake twin pot brakes...not sure...

meanwhile-in-china_o_245223.jpg

i received my replacement Daytona Clutch Basket today, this one is all good.
so i'm all set to get this z155ho up and running now

i received my replacement Daytona Clutch Basket today, this one is all good.
so i'm all set to get this z155ho up and running now

Cool I dont think there is much difference in speed between that and the z160ho :thumbup: Although I need to get a new coil, lead, plug and was thinking carby too....what carby are you going to run with your 155? Just made an offer on a new back wheel for the foxico...the old one will be a good spare!

they are the same stu, both have a 55mm stroke, and 60mm bore, so are the same cc's.
it's just one is called a 155, other is a 160

just keeping the OKO 26mm for now.

they are the same stu, both have a 55mm stroke, and 60mm bore, so are the same cc's.
it's just one is called a 155, other is a 160

just keeping the OKO 26mm for now.

Well that explains why they go the same speed....Yeah thinking of maybe getting something different!

after a half hour in the shed today my Zonger is back together.

So......Where are the zonger updates....I know you got stuff going on with it....Might need to borrow your trailer tomorrow for the move,but I wont be able to stay long enough to catch up on the week :/

thought i had a quiet week this one just gone, but it wasn't !

my replacement oil cooler is painted up, and i found some brass adapters to drill and tap for the oil line banjo bolts.
ordered a $27 bluetooth intercom set for me and cj to use, the link for it is in ebay/gumtree bargains

thought i had a quiet week this one just gone, but it wasn't !

my replacement oil cooler is painted up, and i found some brass adapters to drill and tap for the oil line banjo bolts.
ordered a $27 bluetooth intercom set for me and cj to use, the link for it is in ebay/gumtree bargains

I know you were busy....just bummed that the next morgan ride is not looking to good in terms of interest....

here are a couple of pics of the oil cooler which is going on soon.
it is made in Canada, and is an angled louvre Bar and Plate type, with a high heat transfer/low pressure drop design.
it's originally of a TX3 Turbo Laser which the owner fitted it to to help the engine oil cooling
i flushed it out a couple of times to get the old oil out, then rubbed it back and resprayed it in Epoxy Black
the brass fittings are old 1/2"npt airline fittings that i will modify to take the oil cooler lines with the banjo ends.
the core dimensions are 280mm wide x 70mm high, and 40mm thick

it will get a couple of other mods at some stage later too

Last edited:
here are some pics of the Daytona clutch baskets too
the original broken one on the right is off the HO,
it is sitting back a bit more than the new basket due to it not having a gear on the back,they are both the same size.
the stamping on the 190F basket is DT206, i wonder if that means there could be a bigger one coming soon ?? doubt it

the new replacement basket is off a Daytona 190F, it is 3mm deeper than the one that comes on the DT150E
so it may be capable of taking another clutch plate too?

Latest posts

Back