Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What were you doing when it happened ?
Do you have the head off ?

l have been riding on my track all day Saturday and sunday . Heaps of laps . Saturday was about 29 degrees and sunday about 22 degrees ,so I tweaked the carby a little as it was running crap. . Any how l heard a metal clunk sound coming off the gas , then grabbed the clutch and shut it down. l only returned home tonight so l have a heap of camping gear to sought out and clean . f Fingers crossed when l get a chance to open her up.

l don't know were lm heading with this fix. Only disappointed with 14.5 hours of use. The bike repairs just don't stop at my house. lm over it.

Hopefully it's something simple !
So it won't turn over?

only worked half day today had to see what was going on inside the Braaap. l started with the clutch side first . 2 teeth bust . l cant find 1 thou . slight scratches on other gears but not a concern . piston seem to turn over. May have been lucky. lf I can be bothered l may pull the head off.

Attachments

• clutch basket.jpg
    clutch basket.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
Could have been worse I guess.

I would be finding that other tooth though. Don't want to fix it and have troubles afterwards and have to do it all again.

further more some idiot forgot to install the clutch basket nut washer . ( the one that reads "out side" It has been slapping around in the sump. great quality inspection Braaap /ycf .

Have you looked for the tooth in around the oil filter/ drain plug on the left side of the engine, below the stator cover ?

l gently gave the sump and lower case a blow out and found a few crumbs.filings . l found some crumbs in the strainer . looking on dhz site l only can see the complete clutch kit and basket. Do l have to buy the whole kit ? or is there another supplier who would sell the basket ?

yeah l sent Michael a message. A phone number would be handy . l couldn't find it on his site. Thanks for that craig.

I thought i had it in my phone, but i didn't save it.
It might be in my ebay messages still though ? i'll have a look through them in a few minutes and let you know

edit, nah sorry i've deleted it. He is pretty quick to reply though, and i reckon he could have a couple of dead Daytonas laying around.

Last edited:
Man, I've been on leave for over a month and this thread has evolved!!! :D

I've got an 18t front sprocket on the 190 monkey and you only have to grind a little bit around the neutral switch to make it clear!! I'm running 18/31 and it still takes off smartly, in fact because I can't gear any longer and fourth gear still pulls hard I'm going to look into primary drive ratio's, if available, to get the gearing a little longer!!

On your carby, I'm running a genuine Keihin 28pwk and the jetting is IIRC 116 main and a 48 pilot (could be a 45???). Because I'm running a lot of partial throttle (road riding) the temp creeps up to around 80*c on hot days on partial throttle so I'm thinking of running the pilot circuit a little richer to keep the temp under control.

My new temp gauge arrived today, but doesn't fit the 190 due to the heat shield on the exhaust pipe :11doh:
I might be able to modify the shield a bit to make it work.

Also been playing around with a side stand for it.
I have a spare Atomik Pro X stand that i will make up a new mount to suit the frame

I cant even get the thread near the hole, the gauges' diameter is too big

get one of these pipes . Plenty of room . Don't ask any questions about pipe

Attachments

• scalvini.jpg
    scalvini.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back