Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I didn't notice that, I actually have a short beard and it almost looks like I have a dodgy goaty:rolleyes:

Chop has been my nickname for 20 years and it was from something rather uninteresting:LolLolLolLol:

Ahhhh the noise's in my head :listen: 190 :listen: Anima :listen:

I've been wanting to upgrade the forks since I got it as theyre really bad. I'm wanting to upgrade to upside down forks, and today I seen photo's of the just released (overseas mind you) 160 madass.
It has fastace USD forks. I've sent an email to see if they will be available, I've also found a triple tree/clamp thats made for the madass but haven't heard back from them yet.

09-36-13-27-1.jpg
09-36-24-62-1.jpg

What axle size is the madass? Most pitty forks are 15mm axle, I'm putting 660mm gpx black labels in the monkey and you can get custom triple clamps/steerer tubes out of Melbourne. If it's a 15mm axle the only issue you'll have is the speedo drive. I'm fitting a trail tech dash board with a push bike style magnetic pick up and a magnet disc bolt.

I've been wanting to upgrade the forks since I got it as theyre really bad. I'm wanting to upgrade to upside down forks, and today I seen photo's of the just released (overseas mind you) 160 madass.
It has fastace USD forks. I've sent an email to see if they will be available, I've also found a triple tree/clamp thats made for the madass but haven't heard back from them yet.

If your bored.... Do some measurements on you current forks, i.e measure your top and bottom of the triple clamps (the diameter of the fork leg) then measure the length top to bottom of the forks. I have a feeling you might be able to pick up a standard set of pitbike forks, in fastace - gpx - or DNM. If you put up the measurements here one of us should be able to let you know if they match anything.

i had a quick look online at the Madass Fork setup
they are reknown for being soft.

i found a fix for this problem though,
it is just a matter or replacing the fork oil with Sikolene 20 weight, and adding a 10mm spacer to each fork spring.
it is said to be a total ride transformation.
if it is anything like the pitbike forks, then the whole job would take under an hour to do.

Ok here is some measurements.

Fork length - 720mm
Fork diameter in clamps - 35mm
Triple clamps overall width -250mm
Centre to centre fork width in triple clamp - 170mm
Axle thickness - 20mm

The other thing to worry about is the bearing set up I spose.

Hmmm, that means a std USD fork will fit in your triples, mine runs a 48/48 from memory and the other type is a 45/48. What is the length of the head stem?

Yeah but 35mm is the fork stanchion, the narrowest part of the forks.

Its 170mm on the frame of bike.

Well I've just ordered a 160 outlaw:p Going away at easter to my mates property in the snowies so rather than ride and crash theirs I thought I better get my own!!!!

Cheers, yeah it should be hereearly next week. Only problem is I won't be able to try it out till we go away.
Too busy with work:(

spotted this on the web tonight, chuck a Z160HO into your's and you might not want to sell it then ?

one for the snow

ENDURO-MADASS-ARMY-GREEN.jpg

and one for the dirt

slowlygettingthere.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah seen those, I reckon it would fall apart if it went off road. Haha

I rode a mtb in the snow one year....imagine riding on soft ice with a layer of hard ice underneath,steering was kind of point and hope then crash!! I'd tend to agree with chops I wouldn't be taking one of those off road! Anyway he's got a real dirt bike now!

Fitted a supertrapp muffler today, very happy. Its not so ear piercing and I've got some power back from the stoopid megaphone I had on there!

Dude that thing is unreal! As soon as I seen the first lot of pictures of this thing I immediately wanted one, but they're not bloody cheap are they. :(

Looks fantastic mate, well done! :five:

Thank's, they should be cheap but people try to sell them for way to much. I seen one on gumtree drop over $1000 in the end coz they just couldn't move it. They alway's have low km's in general too.
They're a great German design with bad Chinese build!:laughing-smiley-002

Latest posts

Back