Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your observant craig, didn't even notice till you said something.

Hey chops, that idea of a bit of rust on the tanks sounds wicked. And also I'd be leaning towards the Dayton 150 or the 190 over the yx150. I just don't feel it is good enough for that beast. It needs to growl and pull wheelies. Not saying that yx is bad but my 160 broke and i got a daytona now and am very pleased. The E-start would be a very nice option though.

Yeah I'll stew over it a bit longer I think. I still want this to be a budget build.

Just fitted some new boots, along with getting some bling bits from japan. Some specky Takegawa keihin carb bits.

it's no use posting that without pics, hope they're coming, lol

dependin how far you want to go with the tank you could try pluggin up the fuel line tap and filler hole and pumping it full of compressed air to try and get the dents out of it.. from there.. you can 'age' the now smooth tank however you want.. dont forget to add a DECENT 2pk clear thou..
http://www.instructables.com/id/Produce-a-Rich-Rust-Patina-on-Iron-and-Steel-Safe/
749593778616471.jpg

33010010282_large.jpg

G'day fooly, love the golf! The tank doesn't have the bottom skin on it, i got rid of that to have it fit over the stock fram tank of the madass.

New rubber on

SDC11721.jpg

SDC11723.jpg

Clutch cover

SDC11722.jpg

And the hard to take a good photo of, Takegawa billet throttle screw and air screw. Now i can adjust on the fly without screwdriver.

SDC11715.jpg

Nice rig dude.

Where did you get the Takegawa billet throttle screw and air screw from?

A small mod if you could call it that done today, i've added a black stripe to the tank.
Photo's are a bit crap, but you get the picture.

SDC11726.jpg

SDC11725.jpg

I haven't done much to the madass of late.
Couple of current pics, spot the addition ;)

I had a request on another forum for a pic with me on it to show the stance and size of it.

Very cool, had a chance to pick one up for $800 with a brand new GPX125 to drop into it. Spewin i didn't get it, the wife told me i had to get rid of one b4 i picked up another :(

@Timeeh there's always plenty up for cheap I'm sure you'll be able to get one later!

@Gooseman Hint, its black LOL and yeah X-road 250's are cool. and go quite cheap.

so how do your kids ride their BMX now, with just one pedal?

i see the origin of your username now too...

Haha, no kids but now I can't do jumps on my bmx:confused-smiley-013

Origin of user name?

i like the plates :p
Good lookin bike man keep on with the mods

Latest posts

Back