Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the 190F bolted in,
oil cooler bolted on, clutch cable fitted and adjusted, carby and throttle on.
Just got loom and cdi to fit, and a kill switch, i also noticed the muffler need's repacking, i have to fit the chain slider to the front of the swingarm, fit the chain, fit the left tank shroud, and then there's 1x fuel line to hook up and add some petrol.
It was a straight bolt in swap, no mod's needed including the original 125 big bore exhaust.
I have upgraded a few bolt's to 12.9 Unbrako socket head's though.

Mate you flip them over quickly.. the whole unit definitely looks stretched and roomy . looking good.

That looks really cool. I like all the red bits.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

they are also damn heavy with a lot of frame weight up high which isnt a good thing
I can notice that the top heavy feel has gone now when sitting on it

When i was cleaning it today i degreased the front sprocket area and noticed that the chain had started touching the top of the case just below where the neutral switch sat, think the 17T front sprocket is the biggest you'd want to go
There were some stain's in the alloy at the front top of the head from dirt that i needed to soda blast off and a couple in the top fin's of the cylinder as the degreaser and wheel cleaner couldn't shift it.

Here's a pic of the inside of my intake too, showing the match porting and 80 grit sanding drum mark's where i smoothed out the cast dag's when i fitted the Polini PWK 28 to the Braaap

Starting to look good craig :) do you have the other reaf number plate/guard? I have a rough one you can have if you need it :) cant wait to see/feel the difference!!

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Looks the goods Craig. Might need to send my 190 head to you. Did you notice any power increase after you port matched the intake.

I'll let you know about that side plate Stu,
I might just order a new shiny set of white plastic's seeing as they're down to $45 delivered now on ebay.
I don't think black plastic's would look that good with all the read and silver bit's on it, same with the blue one's you can get

Looks the goods Craig. Might need to send my 190 head to you. Did you notice any power increase after you port matched the intake.
Thank's mate,
The inlet only needed about 1.5mm to 2mm taken out of the opening to match the Rubber adapter and get rid of the lip there, then i just used a coarse sanding drum up through the inside to help smooth out the flow.
I might try a short intake manifold too at some stage to see if there's any difference in using that, should pick up a bit more power low down, not that it need's it :laughing-smiley-002
I didn't ride it before doing the clean up to know if there was any difference sorry.
I can see a few area's the inlet/exhaust port's in the head that can be improved though, i'll be doing that over the xmas break
The port's aren't equal where it split's to the left and right on the inlet side and same thing in the exhaust.
I can feel the edge's down the port's where the valve seat's were cut too, the step's in the port can mess up the flow into the combustion chamber, they need to be blended out into the runner, the combustion chamber can be deshrouded around the valve head's too

The only thing i don't like about it now is the exhaust, i need to find a TTR style mandrel bent system, or modify an exhaust to suit.,
There are about 3 slightly restrictive press bend's in the original 125 pipe.

Last edited:
What about grinding some slots in the exhaust and bending it out a little and then welding those gaps flush?

Think i'll give that a miss, by the time i cut it, open it out and reweld it the dag's/penetration will be poking though into the pipe and cause as much restriction as the press bend's, maybe if i had a Tig.

I finished off fitting the loom etc this morning, bare metalled the frame where the coil mount's, greased it and refitted the coil with some stainless bolt's.
I've just put some petrol in and gave it a kick, started and idled second kick.
Forgot to fit the kill switch so i just turned the fuel off and ran it till it stalled.
It doesn't like no packing in the muffler
Now i need to find the joiner link for the chain and i can try it out in the back yard, the Braaaps' NZ3 chain is 1 link too short to use so the original old one can go back on for the time being.

[video=youtube;cu7YxnjiTYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu7YxnjiTYk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;aF-mK49tJuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF-mK49tJuI[/video]

Last edited:
No worries Craig. Let me know how you go with opening up the ports. Always love a little bit more power haha.

Sounds pretty hollow with no packing, but certainly looks the goods. Needs a deceng header to I think, it sounded better with the braaaps exhaust imo.. mind you it would bark off the hills at my place as it is lol

Clicked on buy it now yesterday for some new white TTR plastic's from Blygo just after lunch, and they just arrived today, $42 inc courier cost's to my door.
They're not packed the best but nothing seem's damaged :coolthumb:

I know how you feel, ive never felt comfortable riding Braaaps, the ergos are just very wierd. Always felt like the forks were too short or the shock was too long. (Especially being a taller rider). My Atomik feels pretty much right actually, especially now that it's been dialled in suspension wise. The linkage does help a lot.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

My new Fat Bar clamp's arrived today
I've fitted them with some better/stronger bolt's and put my Renthal's on so i can try it all out
The bar's are taller than the low rise 7/8" Renthal's i had on there so it look' better now i think.
Will have to wait till i get it out the shed next to see how they feel.
I'm still not sure what fork's i'll run on it

Changed the plastic's around today,
i fitted the new side panel's and modified the Foxico tank shroud's to look like the Euro LXR shorty plastic's
And used my spare black fender's on it, also fitted motormans old GPX seat

Last edited:
Looks good, have you thought about swapping the braaps wheels over? The red hubs would tie into the red frame quite nicely I think ;) why do you think of the exhaust note with that can? Better than the braaps or worse?

I want to try and keep the Braaap as complete as i can for the moment.

I got another front wheel (used) for $25 to go on the Foxy today, it look's like the same style as your new Psto wheel's, but it's silver hub black rim and it came with a 90% tread Kenda Carlsbad too
Also bought a new old stock linkage, and a used alloy cnc machined brake pedal for it

I will be repacking the muffler tomorrow so it will probably change a bit from that last video
Still have a few more thing's to do it before i ride it, like remount the ignition coil up under the tank more, modify the brake pedal mount to suit the new pedal and a couple of other thing's

Latest posts

Back