Need help SSR125 problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@craig i dont get what you mean by will the black fuel line reach from the tap, down and onto the barb on the carby.
without using the inline filter?

your basically saying to try to start it without using the filter and just run the line straight? is that what you meant?

yes, try it without the alloy fuel filter and the clear plastic hose.

the slide wont go all the way down.
if you undo the top of the carby and slide it up and out, have a look at the bottom of the slide, it has a arched cutaway on one side.
this side faces the air filter, the flat back edge of the slide almost seals against the cutout inside the carby.
having a tiny gap under the back edge is what draws the fuel though, and into the motor when you kick it over.

you still need to confirm that the fuel bowl has fuel in it?

the float may be stuck, and not letting fuel in?
just because you see fuel in the clear line, doesn't mean it is in the fuel bowl.

when i took the carb off and took off the bowl the float had that spring kind of deal and the float wasnt stuck..

so as i see right now im slide isnt my problem. the slide is now correct.. so thats out of the way.. what about valve clearances?

i literally dont know what else it could be.. this sucks man

so, is there fuel in the bowl?

i just pulled my alloy filter apart too, they will flow either way.
you are best off with the fuel hose flowing down hill all the way from the tap to the carby though.

right now i set it so that i have the clear line going from the tank to the carb and the bike sounds like its about to kick over once every few kicks but its still not all there you know what i mean? i cant get the screw out. its such a bad screw i cant tighten or loosen it or else its just going to strip any other way to check?

having the chain not on the bike wont affect anything on start up right? i have good constant fuel flowing from the tank and i also have fuel in the bowl..

The chain not been on the bike wont effect anything until you try to ride off. You knew that right? :clap:
Have a go at doing your valve clearances and try all the things Craig has suggested and you will get it all sorted

i knew that but i was just making sure. ive done everything he said besides the valve clearances i cant do that cause ive never done it before and im not trying to mess up my bike more than it already is. im starting to give up with this dirtbike man.. so much money just wasting and it gets me so mad because theres all these little adjustments that i have done and nothing has worked. i bought all these upgrades and a brand new carb and jetting kit and everything. i have spark and everything.. i just dont know whats even up anymore. there was 2 little springs that popped off when i pulled the plug off.. i was confused about that.. also im leaking fuel out of the bottom of the carb when the bike is slightly tilted. i feel as if i need a new coil/cdi box

first up, post a picture of the 2x springs that popped out.

dont worry about your cdi, if it is sounding like it will fire it'll be fine.

with fuel coming out of the vent on the carby, sounds like it may have bent the arm of the float?
dont stress about it, it is easy to adjust.

now forgetting about everything else, try this-
get some fuel and open the throttle, fully open.
try and splash some into the carby so it goes past the slide, don't pour it in though.
now let the throttle close, put the choke on and make sure the kill switch is on the run position.
now kick the bike over and see what happens, let us know.

Sounds like you need to step back. Take a few deep breath's and start again.
For me when I have starting issues I check spark out of the plug.
I check fuel in the bowl.
Kick it over with the plug not in to clear any fuel incase its flooded.
Plug back in and try to start it.
If still nothing take the plug out and put a bit of fuel in the spark plug hole. just a splash.

If it dont run after that I look into it a bit, make sure its a strong enough spark. Put a new plug in to be sure.
Take both valve covers off and turn in over by hand and make sure both valves appear to be opening and closing fully.
A slighty bent valve will stop it from starting.
If both valves are opening and closing as they should check the timing marks are all correct.
An engine with all these vitals right should fire in some way.
A mixture screw 1 1/4 turn out will be enough to give you a good starting positon.

When i mean leaking, i mean like its leaking at the way bottom by the air mixture screw.. are my floats bad? damaged ? you said it was an easy adjustment and i was wondering how i go about making this adjustment and how i go about inspecting them. basically what your saying is take the air filter off, give it full throttle so the slide moves up.. so that you can get gas underneath of it.. then try starting it? i dont have an on/off switch.. i just have the choke lever and then fuel on/off and 1 button which is a kill switch. i have taken my spark plug out and just kicked it 10 times to make sure that it wasnt flooded as well.. this is what i found when i took off the spark plug and i was worried.. also craig remember the cdi box thing i told you about yesterday and the smoke? i wonder if that had any play in the cdi box right now.. here are the little springs i was confused about. i also need to know how i adjust the floats and if thats what my problem may be.. its just so tough i have so much time and money into it and i have nothing.. its just all a headache and to this point i would pay so much just to get it running but i cant wait any longer.. heres some pictures if it helps

773FB95D-15CD-48E1-929D-F9D8A541C5CF-167-00000004B519168B_zpsfd3936dd.jpg

5F5D77A0-FEB9-4269-A96F-2B968AF04EFE-167-00000004AB8F925E_zpsc70a65b9.jpg

16E558C5-C220-4E3A-9523-391EA07A0695-167-00000004A71B3F5B_zps817698b7.jpg

5196DC64-6B00-4B49-A08E-FC2CA679193B-167-00000004A28F0813_zpseb1f5422.jpg

Last edited:
so the spring came out of the spark plug cap?
it looks ok, does it clip on firmly still?

if you are worried about the cdi still,
then put a small screwdriver into the spark plug cap touching that spring, hold onto the metal shaft and kick it over.
if you get a tickle through your fingers, then all is ok.
don't worry about getting electrocuted, there isn't enough power running though there.

i will have a look for a float and try to get some pics for you

Are the springs a big deal? It still clicks in fine and everything.. What do I do with my floats.. How do I adjust them or no if there are good..? I don't know what is wrong with this bike..

Latest posts

Back