Need help SSR125 problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, thanks liljohn

the blue wire (sometimes blue w/white stripe) is the signal wire from the little black Pickup box on the r/h side of the Flywheel.
it tells the CDI when to send power to the Ignition Coil, to make a spark at the Spark Plug.

the white wire may be sending a little power to the CDI box,
but it wont be doing it at the correct time, and may only trigger the CDI once.
so you will get 1 spark, the engine may fire, but stall straight away.

gotcha and thanks liljohn for helping me as well as craig over here haha anyways so should i go ahead and unplug male white and plug it into blue? so then i will be left with a white and a yellow just there without anything correct? sorry guys just making sure so i dont mess it up

so unplug the white wire from the stator end of the wiring.

now take the white wire you just unplugged, and the loose yellow wire.
fold them back down towards the stator and tape them back to the wires coming from the stator.
the white and yellow from the stator are not needed, unless you are running a battery.

then the other loose blue wire you have, plug it into the white wire coming off your bikes loom
refit the carby, fuel tank, plastics, killswitch plug, etc etc, then kick it over, and go riding !

3A4A8D5F-B933-4337-872D-3D36DF2BE16D-2768-00000103EDC181C1_zpsb429ca4f.jpg

Does this look better?

its 12:00 am over here but im still going to get this thing running tonight! haha im refitting everything back on right now! I am praying that it will start ! I will keep you updated!! i

just noticed in the background of your pic
there is only 1 gasket on the intake manifold where the carby bolts on ?
i reckon you'll need 3 to make it seal properly.
the bike may run ok for now though, let us know

but you would be best of getting the proper insulator/spacer for it if you can.
i will post up a link to one from Ebay US soon.

its around 1 am in the morning over here so i cant attempt to start the bike lol but when i get home tomorrow from work i will fire her hopefully and pray that she will run! i have 3 pieces there like you told me to cut out awhile ago, you just cant tell in the picture.. will that gasket / insulator work for my 22mm carb? I will definitely let you guys know tomorrow ! definitely getting closer

if you measure the inside diameter of your carby (intake manifold side) it should be 25/26mm.
and the spacing across the manifold bolts where the carby bolts on is 48mm centre to centre.

if your measurements are the same that insulator in the link above should work.
measure it twice, buy it once.
post up a video of it running too

good luck

I will be sure to check those measurements when I get home and if it is correct, sweet! I appreciate you linking me to something in the states where I'm from so it's a lot easier.. I will also let you know what happenes with the bike when I'm home from work! I hope this was the issue the whole time just thought all of them would be color matched but I was wrong about that lol for one of them at least because the green is going to green and black is going to black and at first I assumed that white went to white but as we discovered white goes to white / blue meaning I'm left with a white and yellow female plug off the stator! I will keep you posted most definitely! Just was thinking yesterday I should take some pictures to make sure everything was correct however thanks guys

leaking at the carby means the float level is wrong or the needle and seat has dirt in it.
use the method above with the clear hose to check the float level

have you measured the stator reading, checked for spark etc ?

It should run if you got spark, fuel and air. Check for those first.
Firstly start with spark.... are you getting a good spark?
Air...... well give it a small amount of throttle while starting and you got air for sure (but not too much throttle)
and fuel.... If you have set the needle clip to the middle clip, air/fuel mixture screw to 1.5ish turns out then that should be good enough for it to start. and then it can be tweaked.

I'm going to start off by buying a new spark plug now that I know my wiring is correct and I have a good carb, coil ect. If it works great if not then it is what it is

Needle clip is in the middle setting. 2 turns out for the mixture

@gooseman i have tried all those things many times before and no luck. i shall start out with s spark plug and see where that puts me..

i don't know why you have been replacing all these parts, when the original ones still work ?

back to the questions above,
have you fixed/sussed out the fuel leak?
do you have spark ?
have you checked the fuel level in the float bowl?

these 3x things will only take you 5 mins to check

Latest posts

Back