Oil coolers. Check here FIRST!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burst oil cooler line, please help.

G'day merry bloody christmas. Was have a great ride today ohn my138cc on some MTB trails when after flogging it for about 2 hours one of my oil lines brurst, leaking oil everywhere. Made it back to the car no worries. Has this happened to anyone. Really want to ride tomorrow, can I just take off the oil Cooler and hose's, then use the bolts from the oil cooler to plug the outlet wholes in the crank case.
Ride on all the best for the enw year. epod

Thanks just wanted to make sure.

Cheers mate. I am gona get a new line, but really want to ride tommorrow and nothing is open of course. Wondering if I can just use the bolts off the oil cooler to block the crank case holes or will they be to long? Ride on. epod

Yeah just jam em in :D ...we can always get the dremel and the knead it out .

Anyway see ya tommorrow with ya prawns and techilla.

oh yeah ....good luck tonight bruz

I heard you have been BAD and Santa's gunna GET YA :eek:

Yeah

Yeah holes in ghe centre but as long as there not to long will work anyway, find out in the morning I guess. Catch ya mate.

get a hose clamp, and a hose to fit... something stiff... and jam a screw in then end, also put some silicon in on the screw so it holds it in... this is what we do on cars... expecialy turbocharged to block suction lines etc.. we dont tend to use silicon, they hold up well, its jst it may need it as there is alot off pressure that my go through one end

I've got a genuine kitaco IRK on my bike, didnt need to have the slinger shaved, and my bike has been running fine with $700 worth of engine mods for 7months.
I've just got a tooth missin on the biggest kick start cog atm.

you say you got the crank balanced didn't you, so how was it balanced?

cant you take the unbroken oil line and run it from the outlet of the adapter panel to the inlet just circulate the oil back into the motor without going through the oilcooler

Uhhh why not just buy some more lines for like $18 from DHZ?????

naa we are riding today and we live in the middle of f@ck off no where so it's not an option we gotta do a shoot with Bwakt for sixpac today or tommorrow at dirt world .
So yeah not an option at this stage mate but I'm sure he'll hook some up next week.

Oil Cooler Idea..

Ok, on the bigger bikes they are mostly water cooled. now they have like next to the tank a radiator with like the fins on both sides. u with me? well i was thinking could you mount a oil cooler on each side of those tank shrounds if u get me? would it make a differance? like one to the head n other to crack case or sumthing. its just a idea.

Ben.

im preety sure old mate (Cranga( has already mounted his oil cooler under the tank shroud. look at the gallery photos.

ill be doing same on my 140cc
dont spose cranga has some detailed phots other than the one in the gallery as im very interested in ur build up and parts used

thanks
dave

oil cooling how does it work

i was just wondering how do oil cooled engines work?? (oil cooling system not engine lol)
does it pump the oil around the barrel an head like a watercooled system ??
an what i really want to know does it use the engine oil or does it have a seperate oil system 1 for engine 1 for oil cooling??

an if it does use the same as engine wouldnt you have to put more then the standard 900-1100ml oil??

Latest posts

Back