Oil Filter

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clinton3

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just put the first 3 hours on the new top end of my YZ250F 2002 only to discover that it had no oil filter installed.

Would this have done damage?

I've noticed a lot of minis have no oil filter at all. What makes minis different from big bikes when it comes to the need to filter oil?

Cheers

Clinton

If was a car or motor with externel oil filter, woulda pump all oil out real quick n bean cease up ya motor.
But in your case clinton with oilfilter being interanel wouldnt lose engine oil out of motor. still not very good practise running her without oil filter. As minibikers says about metal fileing going aound ya motor dosent do em anygood at all.

i know the z50s have like little oil scean thats fine that picks up fine particals thats not surposted to be in the oil.

Have you got a oil filter to pot in your yz250 now? id pot it in before you do anymore riden with her.
if had motor all clean when pull down n rebuild, And bike still runs now. I would pot flesh oil change n filter in now and go with it as normal.

no filter wouldn't really do any damage, well depending how long its been removed and ridden..

the comment above about scratching your bore isn't really true.. but dirty oil would be going thru your crank bearings and cylinder head.

put a filter in asap and ride it..

Latest posts

Back