racing this year 2011

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to give you a bit of an idea on a licensed motox track around 80 to 100 riders you will just break even ,the maitland race near the end of the year had around 40 riders,the high roller aust titles had 120,brad would have needed 200 plus at the aust titles just to make up for what he would have lost on the maitland race,and if you just look at the first race series on the hri list that sean provided only 3 guys did all 6 rounds,so with that sought of attendance why would you bother?

If thats how many riders are needed then its not possible for an individual to fork out the coin to run it. Is'nt that what sponsors are for??

NSW Race Series 2011

Hi

I think that you will find that most sponsors are hesitant to support a race series with spasmodic attendance and few spectators.

From memory around 350 people registered in total for the 2010 NSW series.

Cheers

Jaimie

I know what you mean jaimie.
I had never heard of your business until I went to a race meeting so your advertisement there worked in my case.
High rollers was a bit of a weird sponsor. Cant even buy the drink in most shops even if I did like it and didnt see many people drinking it at the race meetings.
I recon alot more people would turn up if there was a dedicated website to racing with event calender,results, pictures,race registration forms all easy to find in one place. At the moment people are struggling to find this info online. A website would give companys another good place to advertise aswell.

i didnt even hear about the aus titles until the last minute,but you have to spend money to make money you have to take a risk its not like your going to get money out of it in the first series you need alot of money at the start of all this cause there is no doubt your gona lose money but you have the chance to make alot of money thats where the risk is im guessing if brad is the buissnes man he sounds like, none of any of his profit would have gone into his pocket he would of spent it on improving the round and improving it takes TIME and MONEY and SUPPORT and as it IMPROVES there comes SUPPORT and with SUPPORT there comes MONEY you cant just give up after one series cause there wasnt that many riders the numbers will grow build it and they will come he he he hope that makes sense to you guys

My 2 cents is logistics ... seems to me nsw is the spot to run it as it's halfway for queensland and vic riders ... it's the difference of bein able to drive up or down in a day. JMO

well regardless where it is it all comes down to whether or not your devoted to the sport or just ride to fill in time...

i think 80% riders wouldn't care less where it is.. but closer to them the better of course.

im from crunulla sydnet nsw and my first ever mini race was shuies winter warmer in queensland i love the sport that much my mother and i drove up together and she drove all the way home cause i went ass over tit on the triples id travel anywhere i guess it just annoyed me to think the high roller series gave up on nsw after one year i know we didnt have that many numbers but give it a chance to grow thats all

i dont blame brad for walking away half the riders im not saying all the riders on most of these sites are all talk and never show up all these guys wanting ride days and crap like they r all scared of racing or coming last too many show ponys on thse sites they all need to start showing up at races who cares if u come off or come last its just fun of being at the races meeting new people and having fun . no pointing the finger or anythng but thats the truth brad gave everyone on here plent y of notice about the series and titles so brad has done the best and evn beyond with he has to deal with and praise the guy but i know i have nothin but adomoration for what he has done and provided the sport same with mark attard and dan makaenzie , jamie dodds, all the volunteers and casey form dhz

yer i think it is fair to say there is going to be racing

i rang DHZ this morning and he said there is one like at the end of february or in a few weeks at gwandalan

so i think it might be a good idea to delete this thread just so we dont give people the wrong idea about racing this year?

i think there simply needs to be more advertising.
the only place i see it is on miniriders and a bit of facebook.

maybe for Eg advertising at moto clubs around the state. i donno just my thought.

But as long as my bike is good im going to every race meet. even just to watch if i dont have a bike.

thanks newy ive been sitting back looking at this thread and it makes me laugh,i put racing on they dont show i dont say anything and the rumours start its al over its in qld its so funny.racing is on this year as it was always going to be i am waiting for dates from the clubs to see when we can race.jan and feb are always to hot to race and have tried it,riders and myself and club volenteers also agree so this year i was going to start no earlier than march,plus lets people save money arfter chrissy and holidays.and to all that do help looking forward to a big year of racing and to the companies that do support the the sport and dont rubbish u behind the seen thank u for your support

rusty

guessin your GOOD source was smokin some Good crack clunky64. Cheers for puttin the rumours to bed Rusty.

thanks for the rusty

also is it possible for you to send me a pic of a flyer or something once you have made one for the first race and i am happy to put some around my place and local motorbike shops if they dont mind

Latest posts

Back