SA 50's track petition

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi 50nut and welcome!

thats a point ive forgotten about, ihavent been back since getting my new car, previously i have a 4wd which got down that track no worries,

is anyone here going down there in lowered sedans????? i mean 3 inch lowered commodores?

50nut can you see that being a problem getting down there in a lowered car, i havent been there for a awhile,

Thanks

last weekend an holden astra with trailer whent down their and all the bumper were still atached lol im not shure if ur loweed commy would be ok?? maybe just park up the top and ride down to sighn up/pay but ul have to check if thats ok.

bummer, i forgot all about the little down hill section, when the bad road was mentioned b4 i just remembered the long dirt roads, and forgot about the
4wd section lol,

well put it this way i cant go over speed humps head on, i gotta limp over sideways lol,

geezzzz

I would not recommend taking a lowered car down that hill, I'd suggest parking up the top, detaching the trialer and getting someone else to tow it down.

Normal standard cars can get down that hill, albeit slowly, my partners wife drives a Honda Jazz down there OK.

SC

ive heard they dont let you..but rules do change and due to it being so rough i think they would be a bit more lianiant.

once my mate went down in a vs ss and it's only lowerd a inch and a half and it was a very painful experence. killed the rear muffer. There are a few large rocks that stick out but thats the chance u take i suppose. last time we went (easter weekend) he left his car up top and through his gear in my car. Know one said anything so we are prob going to do the same thing this sunday. anyone head out there for a roost?

well 50nuts just made my mind up lol,

id never get down there, if he struggled being 1.5in under, than ill just give up now, plus its too annoying trying to cart gear/esky/tools on the bikes,

iam the only one with the towbar so cant really take another car (other cars are all rice lol)

Ah bud that sucks. I wasnt trying to put u off or anything but end of the day u dont wont to damage your wheels. It makes it hard to when theres FK all places to ride at the moment and that place has some good tracks.

when i get my p's ill wack your trailer on my charade when ever you go there lol! she can handle the bumps no worries!

Hi,
I can understand the posts, feedback regards the track/trial down to the bottom (riding tracks area) though reality is there is no way it will ever be as smooth as a bitumen road.

After last weeks rain, that track got a pelting, by water flow, which I think I've repaired OK (not always easy to tell in my AWD) at least to get it back to where it was before the rain.
We had standard cars down there (Holden VT etc), on Sunday, after the downpour, they took it carefully but made it ok.

Cheers
Stephen

have you ever thought about making a carpark up top and maybe having a single trial running from it to the track, just for the people who are unable to get there cars down as this may be a bit of a turn off for some, even more people might turn up if this was the case.
ohh and also are you still considering making the 50;s track?

Yea it's a bumer about there drive way in with the rock's coz i reckon it turns alot of people away from coming. which is a shame because there riding tracks are great. yeah is there any more talk on building that 50's track?

yeah that would be great.!!! SA fun bikes have put out a petition to the council and they are getting a track built up in lonsdale. its $100.00 for a one year membership. and you get insurance with that...

Hey Flarry.
Nothing has happened to this thread.The petition has been handed over to the Noarlunga council and we all now have to wait and see the outcome.It could take months before a decision is made by them either way.
Keep your fingers and toes crossed Dudes and hope for a favorable result..

Cheers Brian

Latest posts

Back