Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you're probably right, that one has a dirt road behind it.

Anyone know who owns the land that track is on?

Hi guys.Sorry I took off for a while and couldnt reply.The Victory Hotel is at Sellicks and visible,next to South Rd on the left side of the road.Pull into the Victory Hotel car park and drive thru going South and follow the little road behind it up the hill, its dirt all the way.There is only one Victory Hotel at Sellicks you cant miss it or go wrong dudes.!!!Youve gotta park your car on the dirt road next to the fence and ride your pitty's down a steep slope to the tracks below.Its crown land and you wont be hassled by anyone !!!

Cheers

Sounds like a pretty secluded track and if only few and far between know about it and mainly pit bike riders thats all good, the track will stay in better nic if its not getting thrashed out my big 250's etc. I might take blair up there in a few weekends time.

So far i have raised $220 for my private track im making for my personal project at school and that money is for slabs of beer for anyone who delivers a truck load of good clean fill, oh and dingo/bobcat hire of course.

Hi guys.Sorry I took off for a while and couldnt reply.The Victory Hotel is at Sellicks and visible,next to South Rd on the left side of the road.Pull into the Victory Hotel car park and drive thru going South and follow the little road behind it up the hill, its dirt all the way.There is only one Victory Hotel at Sellicks you cant miss it or go wrong dudes.!!!Youve gotta park your car on the dirt road next to the fence and ride your pitty's down a steep slope to the tracks below.Its crown land and you wont be hassled by anyone !!!

Cheers

So both me and geezus18 were wrong with our google earth photo's??

Is this it? Remember the photo is about 4 years old so the track was probably different/non-existant then.

sellicks2.jpg

Ok, this is it, right?

sellicks4.jpg

Hehe do you think I went overboard? :D

im guessing thats it lol...well if it isnt im still going there anyways, yay ive finally found a place to ride whenever i want and its actually kinda close to where i live!!! from what maylands is describing it seems to all fit in so im guessing thats it! :)

Thats it Flarry.You got it !!!....Yesterday I was having a chat to a guy riding a Motovert at the Victory Hotel Track and he was filling me in on another track at Sellicks Beach that he and some other guys have built.They have used a bobcat and grader to build it so it sounds pretty good too.We ran out of time to check it out yesterday so we will have a look soon.Once we have it sussed I will post firm directions to get there !!

hey,
that sound siiick cant wait to see this other track..ill have to go check out the track above sometime soon..looks like a bit of fun. Are there many jumps there and what size are they???

hmm I live about 60 killometers from sellicks but i'll drive over one day check out the tracks. When I get my pitpro 140 :D

Geezus18,the Victory Hotel track is OK,its a decent length & hardpack with only a few small jumps so far.when Winter sets in and the ground is softer maybe we will grab some shovels make a few doubles and berms etc.I am real keen to check out this other track at Sellicks now as well !!!...

Allright, I got some info on the southcoast MX track;

"The South Coast Motocross Club grew out of the Mini Trail Club of S.A., which held competitions for Junior riders only, at the now closed Lonsdale Mini Bike Track and the Southern Districts Mini Bike Club With the change of name in the mid 1970's, the Club began catering for Senior riders in addition to its strong Junior following. This mix of Senior and Junior riders is a trend continued up to the present time, with many other Junior and Senior clubs now also catering for both age groups. OBJECTIVES The principal objective of the Club is to promote Motocross to the widest possible sector of the community. To achieve this objective the Club stages regular Motocross race meetings, and maintains a permanent track, which is available to all members for unofficial practice or just social riding, during daylight hours, five days a week from Friday through to Tuesday."

South Coast:

SouthCoast.jpg

and this is meant to be a whole bunch of 50's tracks and jumps but the image must be old (altleast u kno where abouts it is..)

Picture5.gif

I think this track is in a slightly different spot, along with maybe a bunch of others, if you look around that area you'll see this;

Lonsdale:

This is a private track but the guy who owns it is usually happy to let anyone ride on it.

Lonsdale.jpg

Then theres these that sortof look like tracks:

Lonsdale3.jpg

Lonsdale2.jpg

Geezus18,the Victory Hotel track is OK,its a decent length & hardpack with only a few small jumps so far.when Winter sets in and the ground is softer maybe we will grab some shovels make a few doubles and berms etc.I am real keen to check out this other track at Sellicks now as well !!!...

yeah ive always wanted to do up a track...deffinatly have to get a few people together and do some work on it in the cooler months...now that i think of it i kinda whish i took a shovel to pelican point..woulda come in quiet handy! o well next time!
p.s. dont forget to post up the location of that other sellicks track the seacond you find out where it is and what its like lol :D

hey flarry, the seacond picture of yours is right next to hallet cove quarry..if you go a tiny bit to the right you will see it...the place looks sick id love to have a burn there, i heard the fuzz are startin to show up there tho...

I thaught this was hallet cove quarry:

HalletCoveQuary.jpg

This is the quarry next to that track:

LonsdaleQuary.jpg

Am I wrong about which quarry is which? :confused:

yeah the quarry next to the track is the quarry people refer to when the say the hallet cove quarry..if you follow all the tracks there they go all over the place and they go down towards the express way and shit..its a huge area!!!

ohh and also flarry...do u have google earth preo..bcaue even when i save the images they still come up crappy on here...ive been saving them, editing them on publisher and then putting them on photobucket.

Last edited:
found this track near hallet cove quarry..pretty sure its a bmx racing track tho...can anyone shed some light on it???

Picture1-2.gif

Latest posts

Back