Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run this and a flag!!! Cap Mullet is completely optional....

uploadfromtaptalk1398173455483.jpg

I drank way to much homebrew last night....geezuz

Last edited:
This is mine. I might paint it to match my bike.

SpaceballHelmet016.jpg

when i bought my helmet, the salesman said to me 'how much is your head worth to you' ?
so i i bought a $100 THH, lol
nah if i had the money i would have bought something better

SDC15050.JPG

the new Shoei MX helmet is $799
403 Forbidden

MC1111892.jpg

Last edited:
Bell_Moto9CarbonHurricane_detail_1_600.jpg

Well my helmet was getting a bit old and beat up so a new one was in order.

Had my old pacman helmet for 4 years and il say it was awesome. Light and easy to move in and also comfortable.

So a new Bell moto 9 hurricane has been ordered. Cant wait to get it.

Rikchick: some people will buy a nice helmet so it lasts a reasonable while. Also the comfort needs to be good and also it needs to look the part. Im not gonna trust my head in a 50 helmet off ebay when flying over big jumps on a motorcross track.

As Craig said. How much is your head worth. And you pay for quality too

Bell_Moto9CarbonHurricane_detail_1_600.jpg

Well my helmet was getting a bit old and beat up so a new one was in order.

Had my old pacman helmet for 4 years and il say it was awesome. Light and easy to move in and also comfortable.

So a new Bell moto 9 hurricane has been ordered. Cant wait to get it.

Rikchick: some people will buy a nice helmet so it lasts a reasonable while. Also the comfort needs to be good and also it needs to look the part. Im not gonna trust my head in a 50 helmet off ebay when flying over big jumps on a motorcross track.

As Craig said. How much is your head worth. And you pay for quality too

Each to their own, I understand the more u pay the better materials and the lighter the helmet etc etc, but when I was helmet shopping apart from weight, I couldn't really tell much difference between the $150 helmet and the $300 helmet..... They all meet Aussie standards, and really, if your gonna go doing freestyle or something, spend the money, but seriously, if you're gonna come off your bike at high speed, either way you're gonna get f*ed up! A helmet ain't gonna make much difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Each to their own, I understand the more u pay the better materials and the lighter the helmet etc etc, but when I was helmet shopping apart from weight, I couldn't really tell much difference between the $150 helmet and the $300 helmet..... They all meet Aussie standards, and really, if your gonna go doing freestyle or something, spend the money, but seriously, if you're gonna come off your bike at high speed, either way you're gonna get f*ed up! A helmet ain't gonna make much difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats true too. Although if you are wearing mx gear such as boots, Mx clothes which are generally ripstop material, knee braces, Mx body armour and also a helmet and neck brace. Its not going to damage you as much as if you were not wearing the gear.

Either way thats my 2 cents

helmet companies i think get too caught up on the look. sure, make it looks nice, but function before form....

when i bought my helmet, the salesman said to me 'how much is your head worth to you' ?
so i i bought a $100 THH, lol
nah if i had the money i would have bought something better

SDC15050.JPG

the new Shoei MX helmet is $799
403 Forbidden

MC1111892.jpg

I can tell you a good trick...dont land on your head....5 broken wrists 3 broken feet and a collar bone stipulate...put something infront of your beautiful face....or the modelling career is well and truely over! Still hasnt saved me from fracuring a cheek bone...but I just wanted to goto sleep that time....to many beers for fresh young 18yo Stoozo lost my job over it and all....still what work function serves all you can drink beers...starting with the crap before the 'good stuff'....ah Adelaide 12 years ago....fun times!!!

Last edited:
Yeah....I think all my gear was cheaper than Karls insanely gorgeous helmet!!! Nice lid Karl!

This is what I'm rocking this weekend!! Wouldnt have it any other way :thumbup:

Latest posts

Back