tb heaven

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice V2 head thats for shore a big inlet valve. Just rebuilt the stepsons 150 race bike a few weeks ago but thinking by what your saying and how impressed you are the next rebuild i may get one also. Thanks for the pics and the review:coolthumb:

I'm officially jealous, nice one. And mate, errr, leave that COOL decomp knob, it's the ducks nuts if ya ask me. You only have to push it in once, no bigiie.

Now the most important question - Did you get a TB parts sticker with the kit?

I'm officially jealous, nice one. And mate, errr, leave that COOL decomp knob, it's the ducks nuts if ya ask me. You only have to push it in once, no bigiie.

Now the most important question - Did you get a TB parts sticker with the kit?

Yeah the decomp lever will stay mate, is good to know there is a decomp style cam though, and NO I did not get even one tb sticker, gotta fork out $100 to get a tb valve and cam cover set haha. But you would think that free advertising would be a perfect way to make more sales, they could even get the stickers made in China

I spoke to Vince at TB, that's exactly why he does stickers and graphics kits, for the advertising.

No sticker hey? Now what are you gonna put on the back window on the car, bugger!

Come to think of it, I put a TB piston in mine today, low and behold, NO damn sticker, hahah, that's it I'm taking it back

I spoke to Vince at TB, that's exactly why he does stickers and graphics kits, for the advertising.

No sticker hey? Now what are you gonna put on the back window on the car, bugger!

Come to think of it, I put a TB piston in mine today, low and behold, NO damn sticker, hahah, that's it I'm taking it back

Damn dude, DHZ must be holding on to them, not sure, tell vince to grab me and you some stickers dude haha, na im serious:beerchug:hehehe

I saw 2 bikes at a certain bike shop today, BOTH with TB parts stickers on them, wtf?

Hurry up and post more after you have tuned the weapon mate.

I saw 2 bikes at a certain bike shop today, BOTH with TB parts stickers on them, wtf?

Hurry up and post more after you have tuned the weapon mate.
Damn mate, i got shafted haha, def will post some more pics, hopefully get a dodgy vid on my phone and upload.

you have got me thinking mick i might have to go the v2 on my 160 :)
go for it joshy, stu will never catchya on the mozzie fogger mate, thats if he hasnt rebuilt it yet. haha. def do it mate even the high comp piston is a must dude.

Ohh hell yeh I can't wait to do the V2 head on mine now!! Thanks Mick ;)

Quick question, would I get away with using my stock piston?? Only reason I ask is because my bikes only done 5hrs... Or is the new piston a higher compression??

Ohh hell yeh I can't wait to do the V2 head on mine now!! Thanks Mick ;)

Quick question, would I get away with using my stock piston?? Only reason I ask is because my bikes only done 5hrs... Or is the new piston a higher compression??

V2 is just the head. Can use stock piston and bore with just the V2. Makes a big difference just with that.

BUT....... I would so be getting the TB 184 kit as well. That takes it to a whole new level.

Yeah mate like nick said it is a good improvement with stocko piston and yes the high comp piston has a nice dome on it, so compression is def raised mate. If you don't want to go a big bore like the 184 I would highly recommend the high comp piston, you would only need a re-hone, even the high comp piston and v2 will have you smiling behind ya helmet lad

went for my first real ride since installing the v2 and high comp piston, came off once and had a few more close encounters with the rocks and dirt, the exhaust noise now is a lot more a crisper and deeper and the extra torque and pull is awesome, am waiting for some jets to tune it better as at first throttle at low revs the engine is kind of stationary with the revs until the speed picks up only about 2 to 3 more km/h then it hits hards and starts pulling, at one point it did this in front of a family standing near there car so a quick clutching to get it to move and off went the bike with me landing on my knees looking like a clown, it hits hard when it picks up the revs, and when standing up over bumps i could hold the throttle flat but on a few occasions today the front picked up and before you realise you wish you were ready with the rear brake to pull it down.

The needle clip was all the way rich so i put it up one notch to 2nd from the bottom and gave it a tune and i suddenly had a better tune and a little more go from the donk. Once tuned and throttling fine at any revs and learning how to ride it again at WOT i would like to big bore it as im sick of clutching what was a std engine to get it to slide around and drift corners were now it is doing that and can start to ride it without the extreme abuse on the gearbox, but overall this option of the V2 head with the high comp piston is highly recommended to anyone looking for that extra go from there 155z/160ho as iam astounded how my engine has been transformed and it is by far a worked or big bore engine.

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

love the clown part, wahahahahahaha, you Wally

Are you running a 26 or 28 carb?

Bout told Mick. Hehe glad your loving it.
A few words of advice if i could.
Keep an eye on valve clearances.
Take the end off the Decomp button and lock tite it as they tend to fall off.
I have tried 28mm and 30mm oko on both 160 and 177 and found the 28mm heaps better on both engines.
I have had both keihin pe28mm and Pwk28mm and have found these Carbies better than the oko and well worth the extra money. The Pwk is a real snappy Carbie. Its either on or off. Great fun to ride and race but a bit harder to control wheel spin.
The pe 28mm gives a real smooth power delivery and makes them more ridable but too sedate for my aggressive style.
Nick, I think the D in S35d means Decomp. Not totally sure.
I have found the s25d gives more bottom end but loses top end compared to the s35d.

I have tried 28mm and 30mm oko on both 160 and 177 and found the 28mm heaps better on both engines.
I have had both keihin pe28mm and Pwk28mm and have found these Carbies better than the oko and well worth the extra money. The Pwk is a real snappy Carbie. Its either on or off. Great fun to ride and race but a bit harder to control wheel spin.
The pe 28mm gives a real smooth power delivery and makes them more ridable but too sedate for my aggressive style.
I have found the s25d gives more bottom end but loses top end compared to the s35d.

^^^yup
pwk snappy, pe is alot smoother. PWK i personally love it best carby i've had and gives the bike the sort of power i want.
inlet valve you deffently need to keep an eye on as it comes loose quickly.
S35D is the decomp one and s35 is non decomp

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

love the clown part, wahahahahahaha, you Wally

Are you running a 26 or 28 carb?

26 oko mate, std jets and 2nd from bottom needle clip, got a slight tuning issue right now with the revs holding stationary until you get about another couple of km/h and then she hits.

Will do dude, thanks for the advice, i got jets for the oko coming to try and suss out this dead spot at very low revs, will keep the pe and pwk in mind and see how the oko goes, any advice on how to eliminate this very low revs dead spot mate.??

^^^yup
pwk snappy, pe is alot smoother. PWK i personally love it best carby i've had and gives the bike the sort of power i want.
inlet valve you deffently need to keep an eye on as it comes loose quickly.
S35D is the decomp one and s35 is non decomp

Thanks harry, ill def check the valves before even starting it again, thanks lads, hey harry any advice on jets champ??

for the PE i had 38/100 i think
pwk 40/105 but with 184
unforntally only had a PE28 on the stocker yx160 and V2 160ho so i won't be much help with an OKO on V2 :(

All good harry thanks mate, post pics when that kit arrives eh

Low revs dead spot would be pilot jet or valve clearances
Was thinkn down the line of the valves as i have only rid it once with the v2, def will check them dude, and if there cool i will go up or down on the pilot mate??

Latest posts

Back