tb heaven

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm officially jealous, nice one. And mate, errr, leave that COOL decomp knob, it's the ducks nuts if ya ask me. You only have to push it in once, no bigiie.

Now the most important question - Did you get a TB parts sticker with the kit?

Hey Phil got my filter and HD clutch springs and hit classic Honda 50s up for a couple of tb stickers and I got some mate, finally my bike is complete:cool:

WHAT???????????? hahahaha, that's cool, nice one. Ok wheres the pics with the go fast stickers on it?

Saturday dude I promise, that's 2 promises now your worse than a woman. Im sorry Phil you could never be worse than a woman there evil and your precious:eek:

hey Mick. Yeh i had 1 of them filters a while ago. I think they are designed for tight Carbie positions like forward facing manifolds.
I don't feel them filters have enough surface area for wet conditions and its too easy to suck in muddy water.
Its a silly thought but think of it this way. You have a short straw with a couple of holes in it. try sucking up some water. chances are you will get water in your mouth. now double the straw length and double the holes and try again. you get my point? you can tell im on holidays with the kids hey.

hey Mick. Yeh i had 1 of them filters a while ago. I think they are designed for tight Carbie positions like forward facing manifolds.
I don't feel them filters have enough surface area for wet conditions and its too easy to suck in muddy water.
Its a silly thought but think of it this way. You have a short straw with a couple of holes in it. try sucking up some water. chances are you will get water in your mouth. now double the straw length and double the holes and try again. you get my point? you can tell im on holidays with the kids hey.

haha, looking after the kids on holidays doesnt mean you are on holidays mate, your in hell lol, the filter is quite sturdy and has a dual layer but i completely understand what you are saying mate about the smaller filtering area the filter has, i will keep the uni for wet and dustier than normal conditions, if it doesnt cut it and i notice any dust inside the filter it is gone, i was surprised by the rigidity of the filter, there quite sturdy and well built.
20121115_220948.jpg

i take it this is the part of the spring that is the prob with tearing them, i bent the tip and no longer does it touch the foam, but when i got it it was sticking in the foam ready to tear it.
20121115_221024.jpg

here is a pic of the clutch springs also, carlts recommends using 2 HD and 2 stocko so ill give that a go and it should be fine, bet your drooling over the 50 right now, this mob is selling some two brothers gear, check it out dude, cheers damo.Brookys Motorcycle Accessories :: OnLine Store

that site is expensive on some things. the two brothers spring kit they are selling you can get $45cheaper on ebay

I agree Brookys are expensive just looked on their site. I noticed a YX150-160 cdi unit they wanted $56 plus post can get one on ebay for less then half that including post. :faint:

Saturday dude I promise, that's 2 promises now your worse than a woman. Im sorry Phil you could never be worse than a woman there evil and your precious:eek:

Whats the first promise? I forget now, haha.

Err Micheal, even though you have bent the spring in so it doesn't touch anymore what do you think happens when you are on full noise? Do ya reckon the foam will magically flex in wards towards the HUGE rush of air heading towards your massive 28mm carb.

I reckon run the TB filter, take pics, run it a few times till it tears. But you can still put the stickers somewhere nice and sell me the other 2 HD springs, good boy

Whats the first promise? I forget now, haha.

Err Micheal, even though you have bent the spring in so it doesn't touch anymore what do you think happens when you are on full noise? Do ya reckon the foam will magically flex in wards towards the HUGE rush of air heading towards your massive 28mm carb.

I reckon run the TB filter, take pics, run it a few times till it tears. But you can still put the stickers somewhere nice and sell me the other 2 HD springs, good boy

Only my mother calls me michael....... philip, the filter is stronger now than 20 years ago dude when you bought one, and im thinkn the foam will do magical things, and what do i think happens when im on full noise, ummmm i bloody hang on for dear life and hope when i open my eyes again my filter has made magic hahahha. You funny ****er phil, if i put the stickers on the filter they may stop it from tearing i reckon and im more than happy to sell you the other 2 HD springs but you aint getting any stickers, im onto you dude. so you want the springs??

that site is expensive on some things. the two brothers spring kit they are selling you can get $45cheaper on ebay
I was only trying to make small talk but i failed hahaha, na just saw the 2 brothers gear and thought of your little build you got happening, i instantly think of ya mate when i see honda 50 upgrade gear now, and i wont stop eh:boink:

I agree Brookys are expensive just looked on their site. I noticed a YX150-160 cdi unit they wanted $56 plus post can get one on ebay for less then half that including post. :faint:
i just get it all from work for cost price mate, but yeah they are expensive, but when you have a look at what they now stock there is some hard to source parts for heaps of different engines. $56 plus postage though is ridiculous champ.:thumbup:

hahahahaha

i've seen these filters on alot of forward facing mainfolds on the big bored KLX110 like the BBRs etc
just wore them out to quick so i gave up using them
must say i'd rather use those tb ones as they are alot smaller they dont sit on the frame on my bike and the oil wont rub on the engine mount either. but the green uni filters seem to keep my engine safe from the dirt and thats the main thing.

hope your having fun with that V2! i haven't actually thought about using the TB HD clutch springs

hahahahaha

i've seen these filters on alot of forward facing mainfolds on the big bored KLX110 like the BBRs etc
just wore them out to quick so i gave up using them
must say i'd rather use those tb ones as they are alot smaller they dont sit on the frame on my bike and the oil wont rub on the engine mount either. but the green uni filters seem to keep my engine safe from the dirt and thats the main thing.

hope your having fun with that V2! i haven't actually thought about using the TB HD clutch springs

Damn hazza i luv the Miniriders.com Sponsored Rider under your name, man that is some special **** right there champ congrats again. I just impulse buy and thought it looked good so when it breaks im gonna send it to phil67 to re-use considering he loves them hahaha. I have always used a red uni with the outer filter and it has been great so i will still have that as a back up, and green wont match my colour scheme dude, im funny like that :hache:. Got to take the bike out tomoz and jet it and do some tuning and eliminate this low end bog, but mate the v2 is awesome, for just changing the head and getting that performance is sik. congrats again harry, is an honour to have you riding for the best mini bike forum in the world and you remember that dude.

I under stand the colour scheme thing :p
In saying that I haven't had an issue with the red filters, run one last weekend.
Think ive seen a red fine mesh foam version somewhere? I'm proberly wrong
Only noticed it an hour ago haha awesome :D

Bloody awesome alright,

WHAT???????????? hahahaha, that's cool, nice one. Ok wheres the pics with the go fast stickers on it?
haha this one is for you phil,
20121117_170518.jpg
[/IMG]
20121117_170419.jpg
[/IMG]
20121117_175054.jpg
[/IMG]

Only my mother calls me michael....... philip, the filter is stronger now than 20 years ago dude when you bought one, and im thinkn the foam will do magical things, and what do i think happens when im on full noise, ummmm i bloody hang on for dear life and hope when i open my eyes again my filter has made magic hahahha. You funny ****er phil, if i put the stickers on the filter they may stop it from tearing i reckon and im more than happy to sell you the other 2 HD springs but you aint getting any stickers, im onto you dude. so you want the springs??

Yes probabaly want the springs, today is maiden voyage after top end rebuild and new clutch, but on starting it it's superrrrr smokey, so dunno how long it will last

Just saw the pics, niceeeee. I'm with you, i use red uni cause it matches

Hey, how come your ASV's have got black perches? Mine is silver.

Just saw the pics, niceeeee. I'm with you, i use red uni cause it matches

Hey, how come your ASV's have got black perches? Mine is silver.

Go the red uni, yeah our last order of the ASVees was sweet, we got black and silver perched levers, and to make things better they have changed the design a little the coloured hand levers are still the same but the rest have been updated and are much more solid and stronger and even thicker. As soon as i saw the black perches i had to get a set incase we never get them again. The clutch lever also has the plastic insert so it slips on the bars instead of holding tight and breaking or bending the lever. Heres some pics.
20121118_211922.jpg

20121118_212058.jpg

20121118_212206.jpg

crappy night time shots. The black levers are the new ones going on the klx style build.

you can not beat asv levers. you only buy 1 set and never need to place them. I am not a fan of the replica ones.

Both the levers in the pics are chinas, but the black ones are a lot tougher and withstand more punishment and i think they have followed the genuine ASV plans a bit more.

Latest posts

Back