tb heaven

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dropped my bike off the stand in the garage on Saturday, lever bent like buggery, butttt didn't snap. Now I want the plastic thingy too.

dropped my bike off the stand in the garage on Saturday, lever bent like buggery, butttt didn't snap. Now I want the plastic thingy too.

that happened to me, had to buy a new clutch lever though coz it snapped in half :( still not fixed

haha phil, get the plastic thingy mate, but they do reckon the older ya get, the worse your balance becomes, blaming the bike is just not on mate, hahahaha

come on mate, i was lying under the stupid thing doing up the engine mount bolts, pulled to hard on the spanner and over it went, the footpeg caught my arm and took some bark off as well, but I was wayyy more concerned about the clutch lever, hahaha. Wacked a spanner on it and bent it back to shape, all good.

I have good balance, so the cop reckoned after i did the drunk test.... one mississippi, 2 missisippi

come on mate, i was lying under the stupid thing doing up the engine mount bolts, pulled to hard on the spanner and over it went, the footpeg caught my arm and took some bark off as well, but I was wayyy more concerned about the clutch lever, hahaha. Wacked a spanner on it and bent it back to shape, all good.

I have good balance, so the cop reckoned after i did the drunk test.... one mississippi, 2 missisippi

Lucky it didn't land on ya mate, the tb filter is going on the KLX style build now, ya mongrels scared me and I don't want to dust the high comp piston and destroy the barrel or get **** amongst the valves. I'll listen to experience this time.:eek:

Lucky it didn't land on ya mate, the tb filter is going on the KLX style build now, ya mongrels scared me and I don't want to dust the high comp piston and destroy the barrel or get **** amongst the valves. I'll listen to experience this time.:eek:

hahaha phsycoed you into it, knew we would.

did i spell that right? pshycoed, phsycoed? arghhhhhhhhh

hahaha phsycoed you into it, knew we would.

did i spell that right? pshycoed, phsycoed? arghhhhhhhhh

Actually that is not even a word phil.
I think you have attempted to PSYCHE me out and won.

psych
Pronunciation:

(also psyche)
Translate psych into French | into Italian
Definition of psych

verb
[with object]
1 (usually psych someone up) informal mentally prepare (someone) for a testing task or occasion: we had to psych ourselves up for the race

(as adjective psyched) excited and full of anticipation: weve told him you were coming, hes really psyched

2analyse (something) in psychological terms: mother had it all psyched out in three minutes

subject (someone) to psychological investigation or psychotherapy: hes been psyched to the best of our skill

3 (usually psyche) [no object] Bridge make a psychic bid.

noun

1 informalshort for psychiatrist or psychologist.

[mass noun]short for psychiatry or psychology.

2 (usually psyche) Bridge a psychic bid.

adjective
informal
1short for psychiatric. the psych ward a psych course

2short for psychedelic. a rare old psych album

Phrasal Verbs

psych someone out

intimidate an opponent or rival by appearing very confident or aggressive: we wont be psyched out of beating them

Last edited:
omg, not only do you post at 12:38 in the morning, but give me a lecture too, thanks mum

Hehehe, was 11:38 dude, we don't do daylight savings up here cause its that bloody hot we want less daylight. So you liked my cut and post from the online dictionary, I thought it was very intellectual for an intellectually impaired lad haha. Fixed that 4 stroke mozzy fogger yet?

Yes I was mildly impressed *claps hands*

Fix up the smoke machine tomorrow, gotta wash it first, lol.

okay, so i took the bike out today with the intentions of trying to sort this carby out, so the probs i was having is, at very low revs the bike will stutter for a few seconds until a couple more km/h are reached and then goes crazy(kinda like turbo lag in a way) and at peak revs it seems to feel like it is running good but gets to a point and just sits there(80-85km/h,normally peaks round 95km/h).

The current jetting is 36 and 100, needle clip 2nd from bottom, im running the 155z and v2 head and oko 26mm carb, the valves are fine and adjusted, i thought maybe the carby was getting to much fuel for very low idle(revs) so i installed a 34 idle jet with the 100 main, the bottom end prob was still there but not as bad as before but did make the bike run better at that low idle point, so i moved onto the top end prob and having a 98 and 102 spare mains, it seemed to me that i was running to much fuel down its guts and at WOT it was burning the fuel but fueling up to much also, so i tried the 98 main and also changed the needle clip to the centre notch, so gave it another tune and instantly noticed at top end the bike had a much crispier note to the revs in 4th gear and seemed to come on power better wanting to lift quicker, so i reckon that the 100 was just a little to much fuel where the 98 is nearly spot on, the one mistake i did make was doing the main and needle clip at the same time, really i should only perform one adjustment at any one time, doing more than one can be a backwards move as it leaves you guessing which adjustment was not quite right, but overall im happier with the response and top end and think i will sit it there for a while as it is nearly spot on and with the oko nearly is sometimes the best it will be.

Interesting. I noticed on mine today my top end was way down, I have a 95 main, might go 98 as well see how that goes.

Did you put the TB piston in as well?

Yeah mate, i installed the TB high comp piston
TBW0377.jpg

had oil coming out the overflow today, but when i dropped the oil today it measured 850mL so im pretty confident i put to much in, from my experience once i drop more than 900mL in the engine due to the heat up here it doesnt take long to blow it out, so i put 800mL in it today(only replaced it last night and another oil change today)and am very confident it is not blow back.

Soon love, been so damn hot and humid, gonna try a different set of jets next time, just had another container of Pittys and quads rock up and has been hectic with little time for R&R. But I promise lol

I reckon you will go to at least a 110. Mines on a 107 now and needs more, plug is on the lighter side of coffee colour. Mine doesnt have the head either, you need MORE fuel.

Wait, work is stopping you from riding? Quit then!

Biggest I have right now is a 102 so I'll give that a shot, I'll check at work tomoz to see what else we have. a few dyno runs would be sweet lol

Go ridin'on weekend or not? BTW, I can't find a 110 main jet for mine, grrrr

Yeah went for a ride Phil, put a 40 idle and a 102 main in, I'll leave the 102 but as for the idle jet I went back to the 34 as its the only way I can limit this low end bog, its really crap and with the 34 its still there but not so bad, riding trails and hill climbs I need the use of the low end revs but on throttle it stays stationary.

I may go back to a mikuni round slide and jet it or save up and get a keihin pe28, maybe more suited to my style of riding than a pwk28, but did have fun rounding a kx125 up on this trail, to much pressure and he overshot a corner and went bush haha.

Any thoughts on my carbies prob dude?

Actually we have vm26 at work, may give that a shot, what ya reckon Phil?

Latest posts

Back