Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just started the 160 up. Its backfiring when I rev it then throttle off....not sure what is up with that(mixtures are out? Cold?), as I say I dont know much about these engines yet!

Bit of smoke too but I'm pretty sure that was from the exhaust probably needs a new copper washer in it. Video up shortly of what I mean when I say its backfiring!! No idea....

Also why does DHZ say that the z160ho takes 20/50w mineral engine oil? Crap probably should take the 15/40 out if thats what its supposed to have!

try nipping up the exhaust header nuts
if it still does it try turning the mixture screw in half a turn

try nipping up the exhaust header nuts
if it still does it try turning the mixture screw in half a turn

There is NO way I can get to the mixture screw...without taking the carby off! Just did the valves and it looks like someone has used silicon on the bottom of hte exhaust...probably because they didnt know about the copper washer in there! I may just put that one in you gave me and see if it stops it! So its not doing damage to anything, super worried about hurting this motor!!

Ok well one header bolt nut is stuffed...pretty sure I just figured out what the problem is....that exhaust had a hole in it and its been welded up....in a pretty backyard fashion....

Wow the compression went up a little after I did the valves too...that kickstart pedal got a lot more interesting....I think I understand Tassy Stu's problem now everything feels like compression, very hard to tell where tdc is :thumbup: for compression :thumbdown: for ease of starting gone!!

This is a dodgy weld it only goes around half the exhaust so I assume it has a hole in it!

Ok here is the vid of it starting up....Pretty sure its so loud because of the exhaust. THe backfire stopped somewhat by tightening up the exhaust! Cheers Craig!

[video=youtube;X3ihI8xOkTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ihI8xOkTs[/video]

the cut and weld on the pipe would be from the KLX port z160ho engine conversion

the cut and weld on the pipe would be from the KLX port z160ho engine conversion

Yeah that weld doesnt go the whole way around the pipe, so have they cut a chunk out and bent it or something? Is that what you mean? Yep no probs I'll try get something to screw in the mixture half a turn or so!! I think its even worse than the pitpro engines with a mikuni...might need 7 fingers for that one!

Last edited:
yeah, the pipe is a different bend/angle for the CRF and KLX,
they just need a v cut out of one side then they can be bent/twisted and rewelded like yours is.

yeah, the pipe is a different bend/angle for the CRF and KLX,
they just need a v cut out of one side then they can be bent/twisted and rewelded like yours is.

Well they could have at least welded it closed properly!....hopefully one of the other pipes will fit on it, that pipe doesnt look so great!

none of your 125 or lifan 150 pipes will fit, im pretty sure they are all crf bend unfortunately. thats why i bought the x power one for my young boys bike. there are cheaper china pipes out there but i wasnt confident that they would line up to the frame mount being klx port crf frame

none of your 125 or lifan 150 pipes will fit, im pretty sure they are all crf bend unfortunately. thats why i bought the x power one for my young boys bike. there are cheaper china pipes out there but i wasnt confident that they would line up to the frame mount being klx port crf frame

Crud....I dont have enough for anything good, but might have to suck it up a bit and splash out, or see if Craig has any tricks up his sleeve(which I'm sure he does)! Geezs it feels like twice the power of the 125s, got to be a bit more careful with the throttle. Yep and its running rich just has a mikuni on it so I'll have to pull it off to tune....sigh

K, so I don't know a great deal about exhausts and stuff but my dad is actually a muffler mechanic, any chance he could bend up a custom fit new exhaust to fit it, he is gonna do one for my new bike??

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

K, so I don't know a great deal about exhausts and stuff but my dad is actually a muffler mechanic, any chance he could bend up a custom fit new exhaust to fit it, he is gonna do one for my new bike??

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Yeah I think Craig and me should be able to work something out. Otherwise I might go ask an exhaust place and see what price they can do for me! Probably cheaper than buying a 'good' one from ebay.

Come to think of it my old boss has a good stainless steel guy, he'd probably do me something decent for around $100 with any luck :thumbup:

The materials shouldn't cost that much - mates rates.... Should be less than that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The materials shouldn't cost that much - mates rates.... Should be less than that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I dont know the guy that well, I went there a couple of times with my old boss. Problem is unless he has something to pick up from there he's a hard man to catch. I'll give him a call tomorrow, one of these bitsa bikes is going to him anyway so I'll have to talk to him soon! He'll probably like it they do a fair bit of work on cars, boats and bikes. They probably havnt had to many pit bikes in there :thumbup:

if not, i reckon craig could cut a piece out and bend it into the correct angle. for a nice compensation package of course lol

Well ive just bought a fair few lifan motor parts from him! Kinda liking the idea of getting a custom stainless one, would be a lot better made that something from a factory in China!!

I somewhat feel like taking a sledge hammer to the idiot that tried to pull the flywheel off with one!!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

So there was a few mm of side to side play in the bottom value! Would that be because they were never done and have recessed like you showed me Craig?

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back