The I'm just doing thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today i picked up a used Peerless Compact 5000 8cfm compressor off Gumtree, brand new they are around $770.
It is just over a year old and no longer build's up pressure.
The owner pulled the head's off to check out what was wrong with it.
In doing so he broke the head gasket and put it out of action.
He couldn't be bothered chasing up a new one so went out and bought another brand new one.
He sold the broken compressor to me for $100

I was looking at the part's from it and noticed it had 2x broken reed's, they open as the compressed air passes through and are made of spring steel similar to 2 stroke reed's
I made up a new pair from some spring steel and fitted them in, and made a new head gasket up out of some 1.6mm gasket paper i had laying around, then put it back together and fired it up.
It run's like a new one now, fill's the 40L tank in a minute or so.

I made up a mount for my Snap On water trap and bolted that up, and swapped the airline connections over to some Nitto one's
Gave it a once over and cleaned it up, this is how it look's now
Sorry no before pic's

Here's hoping i don't need the .014" feeler gauge in a hurry, :laughing-smiley-002

Last edited:
Bloody good score craig! No who to take my frames to for a respray on their next rebuild now, sand blaster, compressor, time to open up a mod shop ;) in all seriousness damn I need these items, would save so many hours..

That compressor is number 7 for me, i also have 2x 17cfm (500 Lp/m) 3hp 60L compressor's, a 4 cfm (188 Lp/m) 2.5hp direct drive 20L, and an old 4 cfm 2.5 hp direct drive 20L (plus one for spare's), an oil less (quiet) 4 cfm 20L, and an old little 2 cfm 6L compressor, i have a 12v one too but that's too small to count.
I'm spewing i had to sell my big compressor year's ago, it was a 3 phase 10hp 30 cfm with a 300L tank

fdd27c2831eaf482162b627c12d01b57.jpg
just finishing up work on a blower someone's paying me to fix. would not start carb issues and fuel line rotted ect. Runs great good power now

Ive been searching the www for a 'How to reprogram the radio code in a Ford Falcon BA ICC'
Ford want $80 to do it if i take my car to them, but i reckon i can do it at home.
People don't like sharing their programming secret's though....

Must be something documented somewhere so i can reprogram it using my bluetooth OBD2 scanner and my smartphone Terminal Emulator app

By radio what do you mean ...my brother is an ansi and a+ certified mechanic and one of the best I know and I mean best if you give me an idea what u wanna do he shares every detail with me I may be able to help.

I want to change my radio/climate control in my 2004 Ford Territory from a standard ICC to a Premium Sound ICC
But the stereo part need's to be recoded to suit my cars' vin
I'm not sure where the code is kept in the circuitry, i have heard the code is in the stereo and the car is programmed to accept that code

Standard ICC,

BC2FA177ACE5D9EA20B310DFE4BBB693.JPG

Premium Sound ICC, colour screen, sat nav, dvd, rev camera input's etc

407087196_o.jpg

Territory%20TS%20SatNav%20Gen3%20web3.jpg

493208048_o.jpg

Pin out's
ICC%20Connector.gif

This is the Sena BTerm program i have to alter the coding through my Smartphone and Bluetooth OBD2 ELM327 scan tool

qp7WoJJZXSepXqhzHXCoaZGEL9PA-tWwpFhf_pME1TU_KFc2LCDZiDdCroFw3LvbRR-_=h310-rw

7kzOeBvRuV-3TzfTEQQGgHDBwdk5fih_xcSLv-wI4hEW99UdXVeJZhM7EghxwEnAES0=h310-rw

Last edited:
You've got my interest I've dealt with these new radio's before....I miss the good old din and double din slide in radio's lol I do know the radio's themselves have a security lock code to access them could that be what was talked of? That's usually in the owners manual of the original donor car

Yeah these don't have an external code that you can enter, just one through the electronic side
I'm just trying to avoid the $80 + that ford want's to recode it for my car.
I might be able to recode it by swapping my eeprom chip across in the cd player's, but i dont want to chance it damaging the chip
A new 6 stack cd player for it is $480, then i have to fit it to my climate control/head unit, and get it coded to suit

This is the back view of the ICC unit

From the side

and where it plug's into the dash

Last edited:
Cj and i went up to Seaford yesterday to pick up some paver's.
These roo's are alway's sitting out in the paddock,
i'm surprised no one ever hit's one of the stray's if they cross the road when driving past the mob.
It's about 15 min's away from home, Chop's live's up that way

Tough guy hey !!

aAVqM32_700b.jpg

come-at-me-kangaroo1.jpeg

I'm just making some hub adapter's for the Dune Buggy, they will convert it from 3 stud mount to 4 stud.
The first one is done now, 3 more to go.
I have a mate keen on buying the buggy for his 3 son's.

Grit blasted and ready for some paint

Last edited:
Just fitted new rear tyre to my cr250r :)
So looking forward to going riding tomorrow now!

Had a busy weekend but managed to get another adapter done today, and 2 more cut and centre hole's done
I am going to paint all 4 rim's silver i think, the red paint make's them look too small.
Hub's will be painted red like in the pic's
And i need to find some high tensile fine thread M10 bolt's during the week to bolt the wheel's to the adapter's too

R/H front

R/H rear

Last edited:
My wife run's a child care centre here and wanted some thing to brighten up the play yard's there.
So today i called into the local tyre shop and grabbed an old tyre off them.

I got the Olfa knife and angle grinder out, then the circular saw, and finished it off with a bit of paint
Well almost finished it, got too dark to finish cutting the tail feather's and tidy up the paint job.
Meet Mr Bridgy the Toucan, lol
It will hang outside off the verandah and might get used to hold a hanging plant
I have another couple of idea's based on the same sort of thing too.

Latest posts

Back