The I'm just doing thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah spent a lot of time doing that too
Apparently it's not funny to tell the whole world your wife snore's!, but i think it is...

Just enjoying a bourbon relishing the fact that it is indeed Friday and weekend has arrived!

A strong Makers Mark and some old school state of trance, is what Friday afternoons were made for....:)

Happy weekend Lads

Last edited:
Scuse the mess lol had a few toys out tinkering today got some done at least ttr50e ds80x john deere lt133 and john deere f525 yardman lt5 craftsman 1980s eager one ect just some of my toys
a02dda946f2497e9c91f911bdc6cf2b3.jpg

I won the companies repair work!!! Stoked and kindof happy as hell. They put me my little one and half mechanic shop with secretary vs a high dollar fleet of mechanics parts always in stock specializing in their work shop...and i not only beat them doing the work and good quality build in 6 hours gave better documentation but they never even diagnosed it in over a month. I cant believe it. This means i make my own hours and have tons heaps of work i was told i get to what i want when i want take my time and the company foots the tool and parts bill any deemed not worth fixing i may just cannibalize for parts

Lol thnx i guess. Where i orig come from its getting cold here when its not raining been 70 or so we only get like 1" total snow in the winter at my parents and brothers its around 5-10 ft.

Got halfway through making a new home for the chooks today, should be like the hilton compared to their current residence, a old rusty steel tank lol.
d7a48ad2eee5b69387f1918313d191f6.jpg
04a23684d7186fb91e4dd6ccaaef9291.jpg

I went out last week to buy another trailer as my old wooden trailer is on it's last leg's.
I found a 6' x 3.5' steel trailer for $180 out the other side of town and organised with the seller to pick it up the next day.
I messaged the seller as i left to get his address and headed off, i was over half way there when he messaged me back saying he was going out to lunch and pick up would have to be the next day, so i turned around and headed back home.
Next morning i messaged him again and got a reply with his address, so i drove out to pick it up.
I arrived an hour later and checked it out, it wasnt too rough, had a bit of rust in the front, no rego, and needed a clean up and respray.
Decided to buy it and gave him the money, he went searching his house for the rego paper's.
20 mins went by and he came out, he couldn't find them, so he went through his cars' gloveboxe's and shed but still no paper's.
he offered me my money back, and said i can have the trailer if i sorted out the paperwork.
So i headed down to Motor Reg with the rego number and his name, filled in a form and handed it to the cashier.
She transferred it into my name, and i registered it for 3 month's, it cost me $44 all up for this new trailer.

Today i started cleaning it up, i cut the rust out the floor, and from the bottom edge's of the side's and front
I've made up a new floor section from some scrap checkerplate i had laying around, and made a new front chassis rail for it.
This is how it look's at the moment after about 6 hour's of work, i think i've used about 20x 1mm cutting disc's so far, lucky they're cheap, and 1 can of etch primer.

Last edited:
I got a bit more done to the trailer today, not the best weather for welding though, got to 39° C
I cut the old coupling off, then the 3mm checkerplate off the drawbar, and the old rusty chain.
I made up a new plate to weld on out of 6mm steel plate
Made up a new rail to support the front of the floor and welded that in and marked up the front panel that need's to be trimmed.

I'm not sure what they expect of kid's these day's at school.
My son is in grade 3 and has to do a model and report on something for school, he chose an Airbus A380
He has learnt all the fact's off by heart, seating capacity, how much it weigh's, how fast it go's etc etc.
I had to give him a bit of help with his model

This is what we came up with from scratch using some cardboard, sticky tape, some white paint and a marker.
He hasn't marked up and coloured in all the passenger window's yet, and we still need to make some jet engine's for it etc.
I cant wait to see what his homework will be like when he's in year 7 !!!

51e4d47801b8421ca2f276c8767f2254-qf-a380-920a.jpg

Latest posts

Back