The I'm just doing thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome job my kids are in grades 7 and I think 5th and they deal with the common core junk ect it's kinda crazy vs when I went to school

Old Advil bottles may work for engines. I built the nitro methane flying models lol with the 6' wingspan about to get back into it again this post seeing how great your kids model came out kinda made my night neat.

Built this for my sisters xmas present, just need to knock up some bar stools now :)
b4ea5651bc11a56ca424300fc53b5a8b.jpg

Old Advil bottles may work for engines. I built the nitro methane flying models lol with the 6' wingspan about to get back into it again this post seeing how great your kids model came out kinda made my night neat.

I used your idea for the engine's, we had some old pill bottle's laying around i use for keeping small part's together. :thumbup:
I urethaned them on to the wing's this afternoon.
Plane is drying atm after a final coat of white
All it need's now is the window's to be redone and it'll be good to go, and can go to school tomorrow with him to give his talk.
I'll put some completed pic's up in the morning

Neat heck if he keeps it I would. Use old soda bottles cut the sides maybe even a blue bottle and glue them on like little Windows. I'm glad I could help btw awesome job

Yeah he want's to keep it.
My eldest son still has his vinegar/baking soda fibreglass volcano model we made when he was in grade 6 too, the youngest used it earlier this year as a science display for his class and my wife took it to her childcare to show all the little kid's too.

Well after working on all things china(piddys, buggies, atvs, homemade jobs) for the last 6 years sadly I have had to call it quits, the Townsville economy is in an extremely bad way, we are a tight lil business and although my bosses would go into debt to not let me down I had to make the decision to help relieve some financial pressure on them.

Feels like a lil piece of me has died but time to soldier on.

Damn, that's no good Mick!
Have you got anything else lined up, or potential prospect's?
Buy and sell some pitbike's ?

Damn, that's no good Mick!
Have you got anything else lined up, or potential prospect's?
Buy and sell some pitbike's ?

Not yet craig, Times have been extremely tough for me and I even had to sell my paddy at the start of the year(if someone had offered money for my left nut I would have sold that first) :(

Townsville has the highest unemployment in Queensland, but in saying that im sure there are still jobs out their but I doubt I will have a choice right now as to what industry I get into, just need coin to pay bills.

Been building a Holden Gemini over the last 10 months and put bout 5g into a fully worked motor with all the goodies and the motor will be finished on sunday so may get that into the gemmy.

This is why I wait till I know my work and everything is secure before even starting a project. Ugh sucks to hear if you were close I've seen a few of your builds I'd offer u a job In my shop but lol that's a long drive to work

Not yet craig, Times have been extremely tough for me and I even had to sell my paddy at the start of the year(if someone had offered money for my left nut I would have sold that first) :(

Townsville has the highest unemployment in Queensland, but in saying that im sure there are still jobs out their but I doubt I will have a choice right now as to what industry I get into, just need coin to pay bills.

Been building a Holden Gemini over the last 10 months and put bout 5g into a fully worked motor with all the goodies and the motor will be finished on sunday so may get that into the gemmy.

Damn, that sucks to hear that unemployment is so bad down there, it's bad enough right here in the States to keep a hand worried, big-time. On top of all that, I'll be relocating soon, and the availability of employment is a major factor in my decision, as far as relocation goes. Not to mention the probable downsizing of my living quarters, though I may wind up on a larger parcel of land, that remains to be seen. Gives one pause for thought, that's for sure... chin up, dude, and good luck to ya, in a perfect world all scumbag politicians and their corporate slavemasters would be shot on sight, LOL. Damn, I had better return to watching this excellent match between Notre Dame and Stanford, maybe check on the Sooners during the next round of ads.

Trailer coped well today with it's first major use 780kg (188 paver's) of used paver's,
me not so good lol, 32°C is too hot for doing this sort of stuff.

Last edited:
I'm cleaning up another trailer i recently bought, it'll will fit a few pit bikes !
This one is an ex - Jim's Mowing 7x5 trailer.
It has room for a couple of mower's on the front, with ramp to load them, and 3 position's for jerry can's across the front etc
It need's a couple of rail's replaced underneath and a new floor panel due to tin worm.

Thank's,
I reckon if i tried i could fit 5 pitty's in the trailer and maybe 2 on the front, that's if i added a few tie down point's.
Or the Dune Buggy, Yamaha IT, Foxico 190 in the trailer, with the PW50, KTM50 and my big tent on the front
The trailer cost me $300 including 11 month's reg, and the rusty floor had a big sheet of metal covering the hole's.
I hosed it all out and realised the metal sheet is actually copper, so i could scrap that and get some $ back too.
I doubt i'd get much for it considering i took back a trailer load (300kg) of steel the week before last and only got $15 !!
The heat the other day caused the tyre tread to split so i had a couple of my spare tyre's fitted to the trailer rim's, it's got Ford hub's too so that's another bonus.

I did a bit of cutting etc yesterday and cut off 1 jerry can holder, not sure why they weren't centred?
And i chopped the bent home made jockey wheel bracket's off and replaced it with a swingaway bracket i had here and swapped some led light's on as well.
The front mower section is around 700mm deep, so i could alway's make the trailer a 9x5 without too much hassle.
I could also cut the side's down to normal height and make the raised section's a bolt on fit if i ever needed it, they aren't in the way when towing it though so i think i'll leave that for now.
With the pipe/timber rack's fitted on top the trailer wouldn't fit under my clothesline, so i dug down to the concrete and chopped the bottom post off and i'm in the process of relocating the Hill's Hoist over to the other side of the yard for better access to the rear of the yard.
I made up a new post out of some 65mm o/d thick wall galv pipe i had laying around, dug the 800mm x 500mm hole and have concreted it in, just need to stand up the clothesline and weld it to the new post now.

Here's a couple of progress shot's

Wow, scrap metal isn't much atm! When I was working in the coppermine as building maintenance, we replaced the mine managers gutters, the old stuff was copper, we got 480 bucks out of it!

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Yeah 5c per kg for steel is crap, but there's some place's paying 2c per kg $20 per ton.
It was almost worth me keeping all that steel for project's but it took up too much room, the stuff i took back was only half that pile i had behind the puppy pen, lol
Just looked up copper price's, they're paying $4.50 kg and that sheet from the trailer floor weigh's 10kg :coolthumb:
And i noticed car battery's are worth $5ea atm, spewing i took a heap back about 6 week's ago and got half that!

Geez he's growing up fast, that look's like a decent size tank too.

I've been out tidying the shed in our lovely 38° C heat, and found something i've been looking for.

I tried ringing around a few bearing shop's today to find a couple of new bearing's for it, but nothing was open.
Turn's out they are the same size as 2003 onward's KX65 linkage bearing's so they won't be too hard to find.

Latest posts

Back